Engine glows

I swear, this one's different!!

Yes, yes, I know there has been an engine glow topic before, but I searched and was unsuccessful (to a large degree, sadly) at finding it. ToLazyToMakeAnAccount and I are modifying our own version of the EVC conversion. We are replacing the default ship graphics with the high-detail Magma ones. However, since those were made originally for the original EV, they didn't have an engine glow layer. ToLazyToMakeAnAccount has already imported the graphics, but engine glows are a little tough because we don't really have any great modeling programs, and using other programs to make the engine glows is a little odd and inconsistent, due to it being done by human hands. Does anybody know of a good way to do engine glows (that don't vary in size due to human error) without a complex modelling program? Or maybe anybody knows how to contact the guy who made the Magma graphics upgrade for EV and see if he has any tips on engine glows for the high-detail ships? Thanks for your help!

I'd think that a well-done Photoshop job would work reasonably well.

Looking at the actual graphics, most of the ships already seem to have glowing engines. They aren't true engine glows, but with a good editing job, you should be able to move them to a seperate file and replace them with dead-looking engines on the main sprites.

He's stated that he can do that, but that he doesn't want to do a Photoshop editing job because human errors would creep in.

He wants "True engine glows," as you said Edwards.

Onyx has a tutorial for this. It's in one of the pinned topics. mrxak posted/pinned it.

Modelling programs can't actually edit photos (at least the free ones), and you'd need meowx design's Hash3D models, in addition to Hash3D. He has his contacts up on modenstudios.com. I think. After all, it happens to be his site.

Thanks.