Gas Giants and other spobs

Anyone not too busy? Rik is recruiting

Good afternoon,

I am thinking that I perhaps need to add a member or two to the Kemet dev team.
There are a few things that need to start getting done by someone else so I can concentrate on writing- as someone recently pointed out, most TCs fail because the missions are never finished. I don't want to be in that category.

Anyway... Without further ado...

I need a planet designer. So far everything I've done has been in LunarCell/PS 5 so perhaps a similar platform is helpful. I have a few hand-designed planets in the pipes but they are special cases- I need lots of run-of-the-mill planets, based off of a landing desc when practical.

And not just inhabitable ones- I have gas giants, rocks and even stars in Kemet. Gas giants, although more difficult, are within the realm of LunarCells' ability.

I don't really care about Mac or PC (took me years to say that!). I don't really particularly care about experience- it's not all that hard to make a LunarCell spob. What I do care about are:

a) Nothing ostentatious- a certain smoothness is required, a fluidity. No hard edges, unnecessary city lights, etc. The ability to stand up at larger sizes is important- no ship here is bigger than a planet: Moon, yes; planet, no.

🆒 An ability to keep secrets... Not that this is top secret or anything, but ideas will probably get bounced off you, so...

I can not and will not offer a 'big book of Kemet'- because there isn't one. Any information will be on a need-to-know basis because I just don't have a catalog of, like, factions or npcs or etc. I'm also not sending anyone any portion of the TC files, mostly because they change on a daily basis. I have great download speed, but uploading a 15 meg resedit file takes a really long time...

If anyone is interested, drop me a line at rmx256 @ insightbb .com. Please include a smallish sample if at all possible as this is graphics work and I can't take words as a verdict.

Thanks for interest, if any!

Rik

I would help but I'm currently helping with Genesis, and apparently I'm going to have to fill all 255 spots... O_O If you don't mind a planet coming in like one a month, then I might be able to help. 🙂

Yes, if anyone elso could help us out here, that would be great. We're open, friendly people and we want to make Kemet the best it can be. Both Rik and I can make planets, but we would prefer not to as we already have enough on our plates.

Anyone is welcome, regardless of platform or program. Even if you can only do a few every couple of weeks, that would be great.

This plug had been in dev for too long. We would really like to finish it this year 🙂

I should make a note of something: If anyone does contribute via the powers of LunarCell, I would need the "Mural" map in addition to the actual spob image. This is because of the placement requirements of some of the stations in relation to the actual planet they orbit.