Interface Bar?

I'm pretty much stuck.

Hello,

I was trying to create an interface bar that ran across the top of the screen and it totally failed all over the place. Then I tried to make one that was slightly wider than the stock Nova bar and it also was presented oddly. I am filling in my information correctly. This is a problem that I stopped working on to let it sit and perhaps I would gain some inspiration that would fix it but it has not so far done so.

I'm pretty much stuck with the default ATMOS position and size of status bar, right?

Rik

No you're not stuck . Other people had this problem a while back I just can't remember the solution.

This post has been edited by Scarab : 27 December 2004 - 11:54 AM

On a related note, is it possible to make the shield/armor/fuel gauges completely vertical? I know you could make them really tall, but as far as I can tell they'd still recharge left-to-right.

If the heigth is greater than the width they do recharge vertically... Mine do that now.

One problem you'd have to worry about with a horizontal status bar is nonstandard screen sizes. Many newer Apple monitors are not 4x3.

See, it just would kind of stick out of that top corner with the informational stuff and take up less real estate than a 200 pixel blob on the side of the screen.. I thought that one taking up 170-something pixels on the right was worse than one taking up 50 or so at the top.

What program do I need in order to be able to do this. And if I have it (which I probably do) where do I start doing this.And how.

You can make an interface bar in any graphics program you like. To change the settings and make it work in Nova, you'll need one of the usual plug-in editing tools, so you can set the colr and intf resources. Or you can use one of the interface-only tools which is being made.

Lindley, on Dec 27 2004, 01:33 PM, said:

You can make an interface bar in any graphics program you like. To change the settings and make it work in Nova, you'll need one of the usual plug-in editing tools, so you can set the colr and intf resources. Or you can use one of the interface-only tools which is being made.
View Post

Thanks which interface-only tools are being made.

And when will they be out.

Well, I've heard of ThemeMaker, but that's all so far.

Scarab, on Dec 27 2004, 07:35 PM, said:

Thanks which interface-only tools are being made.

And when will they be out.
View Post

Mission computer has a wonderful Interface editor, I'd suggest you use that one.

TheRedeemer, on Dec 27 2004, 03:38 PM, said:

Mission computer has a wonderful Interface editor, I'd suggest you use that one.
View Post

I haven't seen it, where is it. Could someone post a screenshot of it.

A screenshot of where to find mission computer or the interface editor? You don't seem to be making a lot of sense. All you need to do is open up MC, make a new plugin, and then add an ïntf resource. Open that resource and you'll be presented with the ïntf editor. That's all that controls the appearance of Nova's sidebar - it isn't something that's hardwired into the engine and requires a special program to modify.

This post has been edited by Guy : 27 December 2004 - 06:48 PM

rmx256, on Dec 27 2004, 05:12 PM, said:

If the heigth is greater than the width they do recharge vertically... Mine do that now.
View Post

Sorry if this question was uncalled for, but I'm just curious -- what if you make the bars square?

rmx256, on Dec 27 2004, 10:12 AM, said:

View Post

Cool! I may have a use for that... 🙂

Firebird, on Dec 28 2004, 01:57 AM, said:

Sorry if this question was uncalled for, but I'm just curious -- what if you make the bars square?
View Post

Matt was asked that once when the first Nova Bible was released, while the game was still in development.

He said if you made the bars square, it would look silly. 🙂

For the record, square bars recharge vertically. Actually, it's quite amusing.

Shrout1 walks into the interface bar and orders a drink.

"Got any saalian brandy?"

😛

This post has been edited by Shrout1 : 29 December 2004 - 09:28 AM

Guy, on Dec 27 2004, 06:42 PM, said:

A screenshot of where to find mission computer or the interface editor? You don't seem to be making a lot of sense. All you need to do is open up MC, make a new plugin, and then add an ďntf resource. Open that resource and you'll be presented with the ďntf editor. That's all that controls the appearance of Nova's sidebar - it isn't something that's hardwired into the engine and requires a special program to modify.
View Post

I was saying a screenshot of what I had to use to make the interface bars. But since you explained it to me, I don't need the screensot anymore.

This post has been edited by Scarab : 29 December 2004 - 09:41 AM

While we're on the topic of status bars, what happens if you specify a font Nova can't find on your system? Does it just default to Geneva?