Windows Strata Registry

how to edit it

How do I edit my strata registry to register the applicatoin since 3d.com, where the registrations go through is down? Could you post a picture of the registry after it is edited/registered? I am using the windows versoin 3.0.2 and I have a registrationcode that i got from http://www.uleth.ca/edu/faculty/members/st...t/Strtlnks.html along with the download. Thank you in advance for any help.

PS I used to be active here but it seems that my username has gotten deleted. Too bad.

Ok, since no one seems to know how to do it, does anybody have Strata for Windows? If you do, could you please go to My Computer>C:>WINDOWS>regedit.exe . Once there, open the tree to HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software>3d.com>Strata3d and either take a screenshot of the part on the right or type what it says. This would allow me to learn how to use my registration code on the thing since the 3d.com place is down. Any help is appreciated.

Its not good etiquette to go to one company's board and ask how to pirate software. And yes it is piracy - Strata consider it so.

But then you are cuently hosting a preferances file for Strata that contains the instructions for getting Strata to work as well as a registration code.

http://evula.org/ewan/strata/

I am simply asking for how to enter the registration code that I already registered. I do not see how that can be considered piracy though I am aware that the Strata staff consider it so.

And I actually forgot they were still online. That, as you can now see, has been remedied.

The problem is, by registering previously you don't own a copy of the software - you only registered the right to use it as long as Strata allowed that. By taking down the 3d.com registration server, Strata has removed that right (since they no longer allow a free version, you can see why).

That doesnt seem fair, unless it was registered for free.

If he paid for it there is no way you can justify him not having a single copy, even if he has to steal it.

Though, its really just by his word. So forget it.

It is the free copy he's on about. As soon as you buy a copy, you get sent a cd. You require either the CD or the Server to register. As he doesn't have the cd it is either the free version or a pirated version.

Either way...

I there a similar 3d program? I had goten used to Strata and was hoping to be able to use it but it seems that it is not so. Blender, POV=Ray and Wings 3d are all free but I don't know how similar they are. Are any of them easier to learn than others?

wings3D is quite good, but usually you have to use it combination with another program as its rendering and texturing options are limited.

The Real Darth Bob, on Nov 30 2004, 02:20 AM, said:

its rendering and texturing options are limited.
View Post

Texturing is poor, and rendering is non existent (so far) so another program is necessary. The modeller is very powerful however...