Happy Thanksgiving...

Don't know, do I, how many of us are of the celebratory bent in regards toThanksgiving, but to those who are, Happy Thanksgiving. 🙂

Happy Kemet TC production! :laugh:

Ditto 🙂

new_horizon, on Nov 25 2004, 07:25 PM, said:

Ditto 🙂
View Post

Hi, Tycho! Say... I heard you actually got in touch with Mike Clifton. Is that true?

Please excuse me, but what exactly is that "Thanksgiving" you're talking about?

Before I get 1,000,000 answers in this thread and 1,000 emails in my inbox, I'm joking. I really know everything (almost) about it: it's the last thursday of november, it is a reminder to thank God for this land (the US), and at this opportunity a Turkey (as it's a native animal) is usually cooked (and eaten, obviously). It is a familial event, and usually the whole family, no matter how far they live (for work, studies, other), get together at this occasion. What else? I think that's all. (EDIT:) Oh, and of course most people have the friday off (though not Blizzard...) and have a look Thanksgiveng weekend.

I made this post to remind you not all people here even know what Thanksgiving is. And to tell these people what is it (correct me if I'm wrong).

This post has been edited by Zacha Pedro : 26 November 2004 - 07:14 AM

Happy 'Thank God for all the money I'm making so I can stand outside at 4:00 in the morning for electronic equipment and consumer goods discounted to an unholy degree' day ;).

(Another de facto American custom, for our foreign friends.)

Hehe.

To our 'foreign friends': to elaborate, he's referring to the American tradition of having huge christmas sales the day after Thanksgiving.

orcaloverbri9, on Nov 26 2004, 02:19 PM, said:

Hehe.

To our 'foreign friends': to elaborate, he's referring to the American tradition of having huge christmas sales the day after Thanksgiving.
View Post

I'm American, yet the meaning eluded me. Maybe I don't spend enough money?

Thanksgiving=Americans' excuse to eat. 😄 j/k.

Damn right! 😛

Uh, Thanksgiving isn't really a religious holiday. It's a (pseudo) historical remembrance day that is about being with family and friends to share a feast.

Anaxagoras, on Nov 26 2004, 12:37 AM, said:

Hi, Tycho! Say... I heard you actually got in touch with Mike Clifton. Is that true?
View Post

Yup. It wasn't easy. He's the founder of www.lostmarble.com and creator of Moho. Why don't you contact him?

He was stunned that Mechanisto was still in use :blink:

Here's a little tidbit for you. The name 'Mechanisto' was suggested by one of his former girl friends 🆒

new_horizon, on Nov 29 2004, 08:12 PM, said:

Yup. It wasn't easy. He's the founder of www.lostmarble.com and creator of Moho. Why don't you contact him?

He was stunned that Mechanisto was still in use :blink:

Here's a little tidbit for you. The name 'Mechanisto' was suggested by one of his former girl friends 🆒
View Post

_ :mellow:Stunned? Why?

If I ever bother to write an app, I'll ask my girlfriend for name suggestions. :laugh:

This post has been edited by Anaxagoras : 29 November 2004 - 10:17 PM