A New Upgrade

So, what does Nova need?

Poll: What new outfits are needed by nova? (29 member(s) have cast votes)
What new outfits are needed by nova?
Point-Defence Beam for shooting down missiles
(2 votes [6.90%])
Percentage of vote: 6.90%
Ultra Forklift-type weapon (very expensive)
(2 votes [6.90%])
A long-range beam to pull in enemies
(1 votes [3.45%])
Percentage of vote: 3.45%
A beam with no reload, no damage but a very small ionize to stop enemies in their tracks
(3 votes [10.34%])
Percentage of vote: 10.34%
Weapons fitted to the sides of the ship (turret with blind spot to front and back)
(2 votes [6.90%])
Hypergate Licenses (A license per system for use of that hypergate)
(3 votes [10.34%])
Percentage of vote: 10.34%
A Shrikeolator (See Ares if you don't know what I mean)
(1 votes [3.45%])
Flower of Spring as a first trigger weapon, Summer Bloom as point defence once player has Winter Tempest
(1 votes [3.45%])
Tesla Coils
(2 votes [6.90%])
None - Nova is good just as it is
(7 votes [24.14%])
Percentage of vote: 24.14%
u r noob u need super weapon kills all 1 shot that wd be l33t
(5 votes [17.24%])
Percentage of vote: 17.24%

Who knows? All sorts of things are possible with the new Nova engine. So what does the original scenario need?

Nothing on that list seems to strike me as necessary additions. I think there could be some interesting additions, but I don't know what. Maybe more specialized ships.

erikthered, on Nov 16 2004, 02:21 PM, said:

Nothing on that list seems to strike me as necessary additions. I think there could be some interesting additions, but I don't know what. Maybe more specialized ships.
View Post

Yeah, I'd have to agree there. Not trying to steal your thunder, as those do seem like they could be some cool features, but I think Nova is pretty well off as it is.

Now, TCs always have room for crazy ideas...

Bleh. Most of those would take the greater part of two minutes to put together in a plug-in.

I would call for a scripting language... NCB's can be used about as sophisticatedly as BASIC, why not a full-blown language? In cöde resources... Callable from any desc, cron, etc.

Pipe dream from hell, I'm afraid.

This post has been edited by rmx256 : 16 November 2004 - 06:19 PM

Because that would require much more sophisticated programming on Matt's part?

Anyways, the turret with blind spots to front and back would make it fire from 45° to 135° and from 225° to 315°, not at 90° and 270°. Unless that's what you had in mind...

Anyways, to make it fire to the direct left and right, you set the inaccuracy to -90. By the way, does anyone know exactly how the engine handles this? Does it use the same exit point? Does it rotate it somehow?

rmx256, on Nov 16 2004, 11:18 PM, said:

I would call for a scripting language... NCB's can be used about as sophisticatedly as BASIC, why not a full-blown language? In cöde resources... Callable from any desc, cron, etc.

Pipe dream from hell, I'm afraid.
View Post

Ahh, the possibilities would be endless... ^_^

orcaloverbri9, on Nov 17 2004, 03:30 AM, said:

Anyways, the turret with blind spots to front and back would make it fire from 45° to 135° and from 225° to 315°, not at 90° and 270°. Unless that's what you had in mind...

Anyways, to make it fire to the direct left and right, you set the inaccuracy to -90. By the way, does anyone know exactly how the engine handles this? Does it use the same exit point? Does it rotate it somehow?
View Post

Have a look through this topic. I'm not sure about exit points but it seems that the shots will always face the direction the ship is facing.

This post has been edited by Guy : 16 November 2004 - 11:45 PM

Mmmm... scripting language... Unfortunately, that would be hell to program, and because of that, Mr Burch will definately not do that.

Yeah... I'm not sure that ATMOS are going to do any kind of major changes to nova, or anything trivial. Only bug issues and compatibility will be on the agenda.

orcaloverbri9, on Nov 16 2004, 11:30 PM, said:

Because that would require much more sophisticated programming on Matt's part?

View Post

There is a plug in Plug Pack I think that has a side firing turret. It is supposed to be handy for fighters and inertialess ships to fly circles around the target. I don't know, I would rather have turrets that fire in all directions.

Who chose the last item in the list?
I put that there as a joke!

Obviously, some people thought it was a really great idea. 😛
(wasn't me, BTW)

That is the most nooobish thing i've ever heard of - a weapon that instantly destroys any ship. What fun would EV:Nova be then?

Agent_Vast, on Nov 17 2004, 08:07 PM, said:

That is the most nooobish thing i've ever heard of - a weapon that instantly destroys any ship. What fun would EV:Nova be then?
View Post

Stop noob bashing you... you... noob 😛

I chose it, but that was because it said 'u r n00b.' After I chose it, I then read the rest of it. 😛

If you supply a random answer, and people do not like the rest of your answers, they will select the random one... B&B is case in point. If you don't provide a random answer there people will shoot you about it. 😛

Evil_Spoonman, on Nov 18 2004, 08:58 AM, said:

If you supply a random answer, and people do not like the rest of your answers, they will select the random one... B&B is case in point. If you don't provide a random answer there people will shoot you about it. 😛
View Post

Yeah, where's "I like chicken" ? I was looking for that answer.

This post has been edited by Shrout1 : 18 November 2004 - 09:32 AM

Evil_Spoonman, on Nov 18 2004, 01:58 PM, said:

View Post

If you don't like any of the answer, don't answer -
it's not rocket science...

Neither is sending people into space, but we still do it.

Oh, wait. That is rocket science...

Somehow, point-defense beams strike me as being very cool.