Arpia 2: graphics request

Outfits and weapons?

Hello everyone,

I am currently looking for someone (or people) who could (help) create graphics (not ships) for my upcoming plug of Arpia 2.
There are two main areas in which I would love some help: outfit pictures and weapon graphics.

People helping will get, as a recognition of their work, a përs (with their own ship or not, depends on you), a role in a storyline, mention in the ReadMe and a right to beta-test the plug when I deem it ready.

If people are interested in doing outfit or weapon graphics, please mention the one(s) you would like to do by e-mail or by PM, and I will send over the description.

Here the different outfits and weapons Arpia2 uses throughout the game (so anyone interested can work on them):

Most importantly: help needed for these:

• Arpia Cloak

• Stingray Laser

• Rocket Launcher

• Arpia Rech. Kit

• Turreted Railgun (400 mm)

• Anti-Missile Beam

• Wraithii Generator

• Arpia Area Map

• Kristala Reactor

• NuGen Integration

Secondary: already graphics, made by someone else, present in Arpia v1.1 (but they can be changed for Arpia 2 )

• Operation Officer

• Engineering Officer

• Tactical Officer

• Sensor Officer

• Comm Officer

• Observations Deck

• Elite Capturing Squad

Special thanks to anyone willing to help.

Of course, if anyone wants to give ideas or ask questions, do so.

Pace
(haldora)

Soon bringing Arpia 2 to your computer

This post has been edited by Pace (haldora) : 26 October 2004 - 03:11 PM

how mcuh of you plugin is finished.. can we see some art so i have any idea which quality to produce..

The plug is pretty much 50% finished, with all outfits, ships (no shans yet though, still waiting for those), systems, , done, and with one storyline out of three fully finished (and the other two heavily under way).

Image of an alien Hogun cruiser, made by Prime. Just for info, the Hogun are a race you encounter near the Residio system, and they are encountered for the first time in one specific storyline

Hogun Cruiser

Edit: just to say that that's about all I have right now for graphics because Prime is still at some times working on other ships (and also has his own life to think of).

This post has been edited by Pace (haldora) : 12 October 2004 - 09:47 AM

I have no real project going on right now..
Look in my sig if you want examples of what i have made before..

So if you want me to do some of those i´m available..
I do study pretty hard righ tnow, so i might not keep the greatest speed.

I already had a look at those graphics, and I have to say I truly like them. What would you be (most) interested in doing? Ship graphics, landing images, or outfit pictures?

Pace I'd be willing to help with any landing images. I know you've seen the ones for Genesis.

Here's one anyway

This post has been edited by The Real Darth Bob : 12 October 2004 - 04:07 PM

Pace (haldora), on Oct 12 2004, 08:11 PM, said:

I already had a look at those graphics, and I have to say I truly like them. What would you be (most) interested in doing? Ship graphics, landing images, or outfit pictures?
View Post

Hmm..I can do outfits, I can do ships too..
Sed me a mail about how you´ll like them..

I don´t really like doing landing pics.. My app(C4d) is not really made for it, so it´s a very time consuming.. I can´t really churn out graphics like the last on my site in a day.. More like once every second week.

Okay, just to say that there is a new forum just for Arpia (I and II) here. Could people interested in helping for graphics post there?

Thanks for any help.

Update: so far, so good: I am receiving help from pipeline for Arpian ship graphics (and a really cool Arpia insignia) and help from Darth Bob for landing pics, plus Prime was working on alien ships (though for the moment we have no sign of him).

But I still am missing outfit graphics

modesty_blaise_us, could I ask you to do them specifically?

Otherwise, anyone else ready to help is welcome: just visit the Arpia 2 link in my sig

Pace (haldora), on Oct 26 2004, 08:15 PM, said:

Update: so far, so good: I am receiving help from pipeline for Arpian ship graphics (and a really cool Arpia insignia) and help from Darth Bob for landing pics, plus Prime was working on alien ships (though for the moment we have no sign of him).

But I still am missing outfit graphics

modesty_blaise_us, could I ask you to do them specifically?

Otherwise, anyone else ready to help is welcome: just visit the Arpia 2 link in my sig
View Post

Sure.. what do you need.

These are the one for which I would really like new graphics. The Wraithii Generator has to be different from pipeline's one because it's created by Arpian scientists, though it is thanks to Polaris tech that it is created (and, no, it isn't an idea stolen from New Breed, but it was in Reset Missions 9 )

Anyway, here's the list.

Arpia Cloak
Nine years ago, Arpian scientists discovered the Gwaark bacteria on Retsim in the Vella Hevel system. The Gwaark bacteria was discovered to have the ability to make itself invisible when in contact with others of the same sort. After five years of research, a new outfit was made available to members of Arpia. The scientists managed to create from Gwaark bacteria a very powerful cloak. The only place one might get similar effects is in Polaris space, but even then the cloak isn't combined with the Fed and Rebel improvements. It is the best model on the market, and its price is by far the lowest. In days it had become a standard part of Arpian way of life.

Stingray Laser:
Two years ago, Arpian scientists created a laser not needing a noticeable amount of energy. It had been in development for about a year when it reached testing stage. It was first tested out by Ekrid Malrow himself fighting the Bloody Hammer, a Pirate of the name of Hakkul Akkad. The effect was immediate, and three days later, it went out public. It has been a standard ever since. Only for members of Arpia.

Rocket Launcher:
Yet another Arpian product. This time, it is a rocket launcher that creates the missiles it sends. After receiving the Polaris plans of the Polaron Torpedoes, scientists in the 500 square kilometer lab underground on Culuria decided to make those plans better. After managing to create the Wraithii Generator, it was easy to come up with the new Arpian Rocket Launcher. It costs a lot less after all thanks to a new unlimited ammo, but as for any Generator it can be felt in the fuel drainage, so be sure to have enough fuel before any major use of the Rocket Launcher. Missiles are also hard to see, therefore being made even more dangerous.

Arpia Rech. Kit (Utilities Kit):
After the confection of the cloak, an Arpian scientist decided to assemble a useful kit for every ship. So three months later, there came another Arpian product. This recharging kit contains IFF decoder, auto-recharger, density scanner, PLUS what makes this one special: the ability to make a ship inertialess. A new combination, this recharging kit has everything to make a captain happy. No more need for those painful manœuvers that take so much time to stop a ship.

Turreted Railgun (400mm):
New Arpian wonderful technology adaptation, this turreted railgun fires 400mm pellets towards the enemy ship, thus twice as dangerous as the feared Auroran 200mm Railgun. In addition, it is handled by the targetting module onboard every ship. It only requires 25 tons of free space because of the mostly external fitting (unlike its Auroran little brothers). A must-have for all destroyer class ships.

Anti-Missile Beam:
The Ultimate in Anti-missile Defense. a dedicated Arpian turreted beam gun with enhanced accuracy and no ammo requirements. It also comes with new armour padding. No need for Quad Light Blaster Turrets anymore

Wraithii Generator:
Thanks to a deal between Arpia and the Polaris, the scientists on Culuria received the plans of the Wraith Cannon. A team of 500 worked on finding a new, more efficient adaptation. 10 days later, Vern Klear presented his project. Now, it is made public. Here is a version of a Wraith Cannon which has an integral Subspace Generator. The Subspace Generator was put together using once more Gwaark bacteria, which reproduces automatically if some sort of fuel is present. There is therefore a little fuel drainage. Because some Gwaark bacteria has been discovered on Kerensky in the Sibko system, more bacteria are shipped over, cutting production time by half. Thus there is no ammo cost or replenishment requirement

Arpia Area Map:
Startup research and development group Culuria Labs has created this beauty based on the travels of its founder, Ernie "Carachnor" Bardrien, co-founder of Arpia. Apparently, Ernie is very well travelled – matched only by Eamon "Archindar" Flannigan of the Wild Geese.
This Topographic sensor will automatically find the details of neighbouring systems upon arrival in a system.

Kristala Reactor:
After scientists had discovered that the Gwaark reproduces automatically if some sort of fuel is present, Kristala came up with the idea of using this property to make a new reactor. She took it upon herself to find a design which would work. The top scientists from quite a few different disciplines came along, and worked on it. After three years of research and of genetical engineering, the NuGen energy-generator was born, of a shape like that of a fist-sized chromosome.
The NuGen Reactor has now been created and baptised "Kristala Reactor" in remembrance of the woman who devoted the last three years of her life to its creation.

NuGen Integration:
The NuGen, created by Kristala's team, has outgunned all other technology known to man. The first being creation has led to a public interest in science never seen before. Taking advantage of its ability to regenerate itself and to create almost limitless energy, scientists created the Kristala Reactor. But that was not all: they noticed it could resist a certain degree of firepower, and still would regenerate itself. It could also deionise itself and limit friction in most situations. And it could also affect the turn rate in space.
The NuGen Integration is a revolution in itself, a way of combining all defensive advantages into one.
'Take it now, or regret it ', says the final description.

Thank you for any help
(and do go to the forum of the Arpia 2 link in my sig, that way I can add you to the usergroup of Arpia developers and to the beta list )

do they have to look like their ev brethren..? or close to?

What do you mean: "EV Brethren"? Talking about 400 mm and Wraithii Generator, ?
If so, then I'd say yes, a little like, but they can still differ quite a bit (for Arpian adaptation).
Fundamentally, the structure would probably be similar. But the design I guess would be better if different.

Edit: by the way, pipeline made an Arpia insignia, so if you want it I can send you the .psd file.

This post has been edited by Pace (haldora) : 27 October 2004 - 02:52 PM

Pace (haldora), on Oct 27 2004, 07:51 PM, said:

What do you mean: "EV Brethren"? Talking about 400 mm and Wraithii Generator, ?
If so, then I'd say yes, a little like, but they can still differ quite a bit (for Arpian adaptation).
Fundamentally, the structure would probably be similar. But the design I guess would be better if different.

Edit: by the way, pipeline made an Arpia insignia, so if you want it I can send you the .psd file.
View Post

Sure go ahead..