Opening screen animation questions

see above

OK, it's been a while since I was around (couldn't pay the phone bill so no internet). Been working on the TC quite a bit. Lot of fundimental graphics changes, not many stock graphics left.

My question is thus: Does the opening animation (the flaming "Escape Velocity: Nova) on the main screen randomly choose the next frame to display? I spent nearly 5 hours making this neat little animated logo and it looks like crap because I do suspect that the spďn is randomized.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Rik

This EVDC thread goes into the subject of the animation. The last post is the most relevant one.

I'm pretty sure it's random. Probably unfortunate, but there are some cases in which it is useful.

mrxak, on Oct 2 2004, 06:03 PM, said:

I'm pretty sure it's random. Probably unfortunate, but there are some cases in which it is useful.
View Post

I just wish that I would of known that before I took the time to make what I did...

It's random. UT ran into that problem when he wanted to make the planet rotate in the viewscreen for Starfleet Adventures.

See, I really think that there should be a compiled list of these little things about the engine that aren't immediately obvious to the new plug- in developer. Like the semicolons in resource names and the like. Perhaps I should make one...

Now that you mention it, what are those semicolons in resource names for?

The semicolons comment out whatever comes next, so it won't ever be shown to the player. It's useful for, for example "GeneroBrandMissiles" vs. "GeneroBrandMissiles; fire while cloaked". Or noting which version a planet is when you replace it with spobs. Or mission names, or... you get the idea.

There should also be a list of features that are supposed to work but don't...as an antithesis to the list of features that do work but aren't supposed to :).

rmx256, on Oct 3 2004, 01:46 PM, said:

See, I really think that there should be a compiled list of these little things about the engine that aren't immediately obvious to the new plug- in developer. Like the semicolons in resource names and the like. Perhaps I should make one...
View Post

For what it's worth, I reccomended that such a guide be created for the plugdev site that Zacha Pedro and Space Pirate are working on...

Little things like semicolons, how to do the cloak field in outf (very confusing, IMHO), animation things,etc.

EDIT: UER&D: I agree 100%. Hear, Hear!

Cheers,
Brindy

This post has been edited by brindyblitz : 03 October 2004 - 06:31 PM