Do Nova ships have to be rled?

Hello. I have some ships now and I have thier shän and shďp resources finished (not as much of a bother as I thought it would be after I figured it out). They are based off pict resources, and work fine in ResEdit via Nova Tools. When I start up Nova, it all works fine untill one of the ships are repuired to appear, and then it goes down. The debuglog and pilotlog are of no help. They just leave it at "Jumping into Erpat System" and offer no further clues. I went back and fixed what turned out to be some minor issues and now when the ship (specifically a fighter, it's government always attacks pirates and there are pirates present) appears, the box around it shows up when I select it (if it gets that far) and it flies around for a few seconds, shooting just fine at the pirates, except there is no ship graphic present! Then of course it crashes again and I have to restart back into Classic to run ResEdit and look for the problem that now I just can't find. (For some reason my regestration code for Nova works under X but not under 9).

My last conclusion that I can draw is that Nova won't work with pict based shďps? Is this in fact the case? If so, I know that I can use EnRle (sp?) to convert something into an rled resource to use with the ship in question, but apparently not a pict resource. What do I have to do to these picts to make them work? Or am I of course missing something right under my nose?

Any suggestions are very welcome!

Rik

------------------
Drinking causes hangovers.
I will uphold Ma'at.
Shemsu Hor.

Sorry to bother anyone, I figured it out about ten minutes after posting! I'll try not to waste anymore bandwidth! 🙂

Rik

------------------
Drinking causes hangovers.
I will uphold Ma'at.
Shemsu Hor.