DiD, can't find island

POSSIBLE SPOILER POSSIBLE SPOILER POSSIBLE SPOILER POSSIBLE SPOILER POSSIBLE SPOILER POSSIBLE

Hi, I've searched up and down the Tearos river for a small island, which is supposed to contain the second scrap of paper, but I can't find it. I'm pretty meticulous i.e. I've found the Pummice stone; a wholesale "arms dealer" and a field off of the the little pond which has mushrooms (the area that the "Conjurer" sets up shop in another plug) but I can't find anything actually IN the field. I've also gained access to the river portals but there is nothing around them (except the wooden arrow) to give me any more hints. I do love this plug so any hints, help would greatly appreciated.

------------------

If you read the quest description, it says to search on an island south of the Tearos bridge. So stand at the edge of one of the sides of the river (where the bridge is), and keep pressing down. Sooner or later, you'll find the spot that you are supposed to jump from.

------------------
Clones are people two.
If UPS and Fed-Ex merged, would they be Fed-Up?
A man who's out to save Gidolan Keep, flies an Auroran ship, and hacks into computers to keep the bricks from falling past the line of destiny? Yep, that's me!

(This message has been edited by Thunderforge (edited 07-13-2003).)

Thanks for responding so quickly! I'll go try it.

------------------

Originally posted by suydam:
**Thanks for responding so quickly! I'll go try it.

It's rare for people to respond within a few minutes. Usually it takes several hours.

And I had this problem too. I just thought of doing that strategy and it worked!

------------------
Clones are people two.
A man who's out to save Gidolan Keep, flies an Auroran ship, and hacks into computers to keep the bricks from falling past the line of destiny? Yep, that's me!

Okay, I tried but it didn't work. Mostly, when I press the down arrow it just takes my character south. How close to the bridge should I be? Before or past the Tearos river signs? Also, do I need the jumping beans? Thanks again.

------------------

Originally posted by suydam:
**Okay, I tried but it didn't work. Mostly, when I press the down arrow it just takes my character south. How close to the bridge should I be? Before or past the Tearos river signs? Also, do I need the jumping beans? Thanks again.

To answer your questions:

1. Pressing down should take your character south
2. Start at the bridge, keep going down, you don't need to go onto a different map, try the other side if it doesn't work
3. See above, I don't want to give away the answer yet
4. Yes, you do need the jumping bean extract (it's an island and you can't swim in the game)

------------------
Clones are people two.

(This message has been edited by Thunderforge (edited 07-13-2003).)

Got it!! Thank you so much.

------------------

Glad to help.

------------------
Clones are people two.

Originally posted by Thunderforge:
(it's an island and you can't swim in the game)

Except at the Pink Termite Resort. 😄

Originally said by Ulmert:
". . last night I took a run over to Gwyden Camp for supplies. I was crossing the Tearos River bridge on the way back here . . and heard a commotion ahead. . . a gust of night air sent it wafting over to a tiny island which lies south of the bridge."

That would place him on the west side of the river fairly near the bridge.

------------------
My Doctor said I was having too much wine, women, and song - so I gave up singing because 2 out of 3 is not so bad.
The (url="http://"http://www.evula.org/rduck/")Kingdom of Garendall(/url) sectional map is easily printed from gif format pages.
(url="http://"http://www.ambrosiasw.com/cgi-bin/vftp/dl-redirect.pl/damsels.sit?path=pog/addons&file;=damsels.sit")Damsels in Distress(/url) - A plugin for PoG.

Originally posted by Rubber Ducky:
**That would place him on the west side of the river fairly near the bridge.

Not nessicarily. The passage doesn't specify which bank the island is closest to.

------------------
Clones are people two.

Not nessicarily. The passage doesn't specify which bank the island is closest to.

Well the passage does say he was "crossing" the bridge from Gwyden camp...that would be heading west. But either way, if you're thorough, you'd check both sides and end up finding it.

If all the details were in the passage, it wouldn't be a very fun game! 🙂

------------------

Originally posted by MyzDefy:
**Well the passage does say he was "crossing" the bridge from Gwyden camp...that would be heading west. But either way, if you're thorough, you'd check both sides and end up finding it.

The island could have been closer to the east side of the bank, and the wind could have carried the parchment southeast. So the fact that he was crossing the bridge does not gaurantee that the island is closer to the west bank. The player is only told that the island is south of the bridge.

------------------
Clones are people two.

Originally posted by MyzDefy:
**Well the passage does say he was "crossing" the bridge from Gwyden camp...that would be heading west. But either way, if you're thorough, you'd check both sides and end up finding it.

**The island could have been closer to the east side of the bank, and the wind could have carried the parchment southeast. So the fact that he was crossing the bridge does not gaurantee that the island is closer to the west bank. The player is only told that the island is south of the bridge.

Well now, to be factual, we don't even know which way the wind was blowing that night now do we? The point remains, the dialouge that was there was all we need to be told. That being said, my point above still remains. Do you understand what I'm saying? Thorough!! 🙂

------------------

editing brought to you by the fact MyzDefy still has fits with quotes (and apparantly typos) but can solve puzzles...go figure S

(This message has been edited by MyzDefy (edited 07-14-2003).)

(This message has been edited by MyzDefy (edited 07-14-2003).)

(quote)Originally posted by MyzDefy:
**Do you understand what I'm saying? Thorough!!:)

------------------
Clones are people two.

(quote)Originally posted by Thunderforge:
**(quote)Originally posted by MyzDefy:
**Do you understand what I'm saying? Thorough!!

****(/quote)

That's exactly what I'm saying...the exploring more is the FUN thing!!

------------------

All right, I've had enough.

-COMPLETE PROCEDURE-

Cross the bridge from the east, and as soon as you exit on the west side, go south and hold down the right arrow key so you go east. A dialog box will eventually come up saying that you see an island. You must have the vial of Jumping Bean Extract or the dialog will not come up.

-END-

It's not a big spoiler, and if you thought this was hard, wait until later in the plugin. He he he! 😛

------------------
I didn't know what to put
here, so I just put this
down.

Originally posted by LifeKnight:
**All right, I've had enough.

Just my thoughts here...but, you might want to wait for the writer of this plug-in to decide when it's enough, and when he wants to give exact directions. Hence the reason Ducky says..."email me" if you want more. DiD hasn't been out that long and it probably ought to be up to him. Other people find value in the game by "figuring things out for themselves and/or getting subtle hints"

Thunder and I gave nothing away...we were discussing more the explicitness and value of the clues to this finding, not "giving" it away. 🙂

------------------

editing brought to you by the fact I could have pointed out a post I made concerning a certain spell in the WoC plug-in that Ducky "gently" guided me to where I was going. If the search feature ever comes back...search under portal etc and find it and you'll see what I mean! 🙂

(This message has been edited by MyzDefy (edited 07-15-2003).)

(quote)Originally posted by MyzDefy:
**Thunder and I gave nothing away...we were discussing more the explicitness and value of the clues to this finding, not "giving" it away.:)

------------------
Clones are people two.

(quote)Originally posted by Thunderforge:
**(QUOTE)
I usually give hints to other people because I usually want hints when I'm stuck. Unfortuantly, hint walkthroughs for many games are harder to find than give-away walkthroughs. And my name is Thunderforge, not Thunder

**(/quote)

Hints are one thing, explicit directions are another...that's what I was talking about. Sorry about the Thunder thing, I was abbreviating.

------------------

I don't want to post any more "COMPLETE PROCEDURES" on the boards here, but finding the island was such a somple part of the game. But as I said before, there are a lot more harder puzzles to come after you find the island. 🙂

------------------
I didn't know what to put
here, so I just put this
down.