Stupid question

For mission bits when you have to put two mission bits in ( ) how do you make the slash thing I could't find any button like that on my Keyboard. By the way, when should I put things in ( )?
(told you it was a stupid question)

------------------
RoLLeY49

The | can be found directly under the backspace button (on my keyboard at least (which is the apple pro keyboard))

The brackets are used to help clarify the logic for the computer to understand it.

If you gave it b1 & b2 | b3 (as in the bible) it would not know if you wanted bits 1 and 2 or bit 3 or bit 1 and bits 2 or 3. It may seem like a small difference but it can do weird things if it interprets it wrong. generally i tend to overuse brackets so I know for sure that Nova will understand it.

------------------

Thanks,
Boy was this a stupid topic

------------------
RoLLeY49

Originally posted by Andcarne:
**The | can be found directly under the backspace button (on my keyboard at least (which is the apple pro keyboard))

The brackets are used to help clarify the logic for the computer to understand it.

If you gave it b1 & b2 | b3 (as in the bible) it would not know if you wanted bits 1 and 2 or bit 3 or bit 1 and bits 2 or 3. It may seem like a small difference but it can do weird things if it interprets it wrong. generally i tend to overuse brackets so I know for sure that Nova will understand it.

As with TI-83s, so with game engines. Always use more brackets than you think are necessary, just to make sure that the software will understand what you want it to do.

And rolley49, this is not as stupid a topic as you think. Don't be afraid to ask questions, that's what this board is for. And to make the separator, hit SHIFT+ (SLASH). This produces the | symbol, used in mathematics as |x| to designate absolute values, and in the EV3 engine as b1|b2 as the OR logical operator.

Wonderful stuff, symbology.

------------------
Suddenly, the little scoutship disappeared and then reappeared right behind the alien warfleet. The gravitic ship's captain hailed the armada. "You are going to be destroyed, but I will give you a choice as to how you want to spend eternity: big pieces, little pieces, or quarks?"
Dead silence.
"Quarks it is, then."

I was looking everywhere on my keyboard, iguess I just didn't look hard enough.

------------------
RoLLeY49