German Planes

I'm starting a new plug-in, called German Planes of World War Two. Its based at (url="http://"http://www.ev-nova.net/forums")EV-Nova.net(/url) and is in late planning stage. I need people for nearly everything, though graphics are my number 1 priority.
Basically, Messerschmitt and Focke-Wulf have broken away from the Luftwaffe, and started a war. For more info, go to the UC plugs directory (once Starkiller updates it 🙂 ).

Thanks,
yomcat

------------------
Pro-New Zealand Lobbyist in an F-14 from (url="http://"http://www.ev-nova.net/forums")EV-Nova.net(/url)

Will there be Brittish/American planes? (specifically, the Mustang or Spitfire)

------------------
"Wonderful! I'll be a bounder yet!" --Tom Ballard
I /used/ to be sane, but then I got a 5th email address...

Originally posted by yomcat:
**I'm starting a new plug-in, called German Planes of World War Two. Its based at EV-Nova.net and is in late planning stage. I need people for nearly everything, though graphics are my number 1 priority.
Basically, Messerschmitt and Focke-Wulf have broken away from the Luftwaffe, and started a war. For more info, go to the UC plugs directory (once Starkiller updates it 🙂 ).

Focke-Wulf and Messerschmitt? Start a war? With who? I'm REALLY skeptical about this. Could you perhaps provide some more details?

Matrix

------------------
"Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool."

Originally posted by what_is_the_matrix:
**Focke-Wulf and Messerschmitt? Start a war? With who? I'm REALLY skeptical about this. Could you perhaps provide some more details?

Matrix

Yea, how could two German plane manufacturers, already building planes for Germany start a war in the middle of WWII?!?

It'd be better to create Axis and Allies (no pun on the board game) planes and then play one of the countries.

------------------
Power corrupts. Absolute power is kind of neat.
--John Lehman,US secretary of the navy

Okay, local WWII history buff wades into the middle of the firefight

Sorry, Yomcat, but there ain't no way that Messerschmitt and Focke-Wulf would be able to break off from Germany, for a couple of reasons. For one, the Gestapo would've taken care of the people trying to break away before they'd even gotten around to the planning stage. And even if they somehow made it, they'd last all of about thirty seconds before the Jagdtigers rolled into their manufacturing facilities. The war in Bosnia proved something that military strategists have known for a while now: all-powerful air forces are great to have, and they can beat the crap out of the enemy. But you still need land forces to go and mop up the few guys who've managed to crawl into a cave somewhere (hence the strong American land presence in Afghanistan).

Now, a German vs. British/Russian/American aircraft plugin would be awesome. Try to rig it something like Deimos Rising, with you flying your bird against lots of air, sea and ground forces. Of course, all aircraft will have to be inertialless.

Okay, that's all for now.

------------------
“You’re only given a little spark of madness. You mustn’t lose it.”
-- Robin Williams

I, too, am having trouble with this idea. First of all, why would 2 German aircraft companies start their own private war? Considering they only sold planes to Germany, what would they have to gain from this? Secondly, what do you mean when you say they "have broken away from the Luftwaffe"? Messerschmitt and Focke-Wulf are manufactures and are not part of the Luftwaffe (the German air force). I'm confused about the concept here.

------------------
Shnobe.

Originally posted by spacecowboy:
**Now, a German vs. British/Russian/American aircraft plugin would be awesome. Try to rig it something like Deimos Rising, with you flying your bird against lots of air, sea and ground forces. Of course, all aircraft will have to be inertialless.

Okay, that's all for now.

Yes, WWII dogfights over the Atlantic or Pacific ocean in a plug-in would be very fun.

But what do you mean by aircraft being iniritialess? Airplanes can't stop in mid-air. They would have to "glide" or something.

------------------

Originally posted by Mantaray:
**Yes, WWII dogfights over the Atlantic or Pacific ocean in a plug-in would be very fun.

But what do you mean by aircraft being iniritialess? Airplanes can't stop in mid-air. They would have to "glide" or something.

How many airplanes have you seen going sideways? An airplane goes in the direction it points. As for stopping, you could do that no matter what; it just requires more effort. One problem with inertialess ships is that the engine glow would be on all the time at high speeds. In that sense, the standard model is more interesting because it only shows the thrusting graphic when you actually thrust, as opposed to constantly.

------------------
Why are you all looking at me like that?

Extremely low acceleration, but with a high-powered afterburner to start moving.

------------------
"The best revenge is a life well lived." -My father

And about that Land/Sea combat thing, you could have(would have to have) seperate systems with various objects designed to look like terran, with different background colors for the different terran types. Like somehow limiting ships(if you got one) to the sea, or tanks to the ground. Your man in the plane could be made to "Parachute" and land without much difficulty I thinks. Special hypergate things for land/sea transitions?
I concur with the guys saying Axis vs Allies, But to make it cooler, Russia would have to switch sides. You could probably get all the major ships/planes/tanks into nova, including the various variants.(i.e. B-17 Fortress A-G, P-51 Mustang A-D, couple types of carrier for each U.S., Merchants etc.) You could make train missions! Make a thing that can't turn which you must blow up!
I like the idea! I will (try to) help with programming!

------------------
I am ME hear me roar!
Meeoowwwww

Originally posted by Meaker VI:
**And about that Land/Sea combat thing, you could have(would have to have) seperate systems with various objects designed to look like terran, with different background colors for the different terran types. Like somehow limiting ships(if you got one) to the sea, or tanks to the ground. Your man in the plane could be made to "Parachute" and land without much difficulty I thinks. Special hypergate things for land/sea transitions?
I concur with the guys saying Axis vs Allies, But to make it cooler, Russia would have to switch sides. You could probably get all the major ships/planes/tanks into nova, including the various variants.(i.e. B-17 Fortress A-G, P-51 Mustang A-D, couple types of carrier for each U.S., Merchants etc.) You could make train missions! Make a thing that can't turn which you must blow up!
I like the idea! I will (try to) help with programming!

You cannot divide a system. You can't do a land/air thing in the same system in the way that you described.

------------------
"The best revenge is a life well lived." -My father

I don't think you caught what I ment, you would have land systems, and sea systems, and only planes would be able to traverse into both.

------------------
I am ME hear me roar!
Meeoowwwww

A suggestion about the ability to stop: If you are making this in nova, make the planes animated so that when they fly they get bigger ( so they appear closer to you) thus justifying the fact that they can land then take off.

------------------
You just proved signatures work.
STILL Lord Demonthenes but my other account is screwd.

Originally posted by Lord_Demonthenes:
**A suggestion about the ability to stop: If you are making this in nova, make the planes animated so that when they fly they get bigger ( so they appear closer to you) thus justifying the fact that they can land then take off.

?

I know I heard the weapon graphics can get bigger and smaller, but ships?

------------------

**I know I heard the weapon graphics can get bigger and smaller, but ships?

Cool idea i never thought of it before!!

The "extra frames are unfolding" flag could be used with "unfolds to land" and a decreasing sprite to have it get smaller when landing.

------------------
"...For what we see now is only a shadow of things to come..."

Basically, I only like German Planes. This started off as a full WWII plug, and I quickly ran out of space in the plug. I decided to cut it down, and created only german planes. Messerschmitt and Focke-Wulf create armies and revolt against Germany, which is represented by the Luftwaffe. I don't care if it couldn't happen in real life, as I make the plug, and real life don't matter. The planes are all the planes from World War Two, and all the projects. I picked Messerschmitt and Focke-Wulf to break away because they are my favourite companies.
I don't come to this forums much, so any other questions should either be sent to (url="http://"mailto:bigmac_software@yahoo.co.nz")mailto:bigmac_software@yahoo.co.nz(/url)bigmac_software@yahoo.co.nz

Originally posted by yomcat:
Basically, I only like German Planes. This started off as a full WWII plug, and I quickly ran out of space in the plug. I decided to cut it down, and created only german planes. Messerschmitt and Focke-Wulf create armies and revolt against Germany, which is represented by the Luftwaffe. I don't care if it couldn't happen in real life, as I make the plug, and real life don't matter. The planes are all the planes from World War Two, and all the projects. I picked Messerschmitt and Focke-Wulf to break away because they are my favourite companies.
I don't come to this forums much, so any other questions should either be sent to mailto:bigmac_software@yahoo.co.nzbigmac_software@yahoo.co.nz

Originally posted by spacecowboy:
So I guess my question is: What happened to the rest of the War?

This sounds like a variant of the game Code Red. (Einstein goes back in time to change the future by killing a young Hitler. He screws up and thus you have the game)

I imagine, he couldn't call it Code Red

------------------
Power corrupts. Absolute power is kind of neat.
--John Lehman,US secretary of the navy

I also like the Mustang and the Spit, but German Planes are the best overall. I'm pretty sure that they did break the sound barrier. He was diving in a Me 262 to rescue his friend.

I'm also pretty sure that that other game is Red Alert, not Code Red.

Does anybody want to help?

------------------
Pro-New Zealand Lobbyist in an F-14 from (url="http://"http://www.ev-nova.net/forums")EV-Nova.net(/url)

(This message has been edited by yomcat (edited 09-17-2002).)

Well , I can't really help (because I'm making a star trek TC). But I will be using EVONE (see link in my sig.). Its not out yet but when it is it will shorten development time A LOT. It will however cost 10$. But you should check the link in my sig. anyway...

------------------
(url="http://"http://www.ariossoftware.com/upcoming/")EVONE 1.0.0, the plugin editor for EV/EVO/EVN(/url)
Never give up , Never surrender --galaxy quest
(url="http://"http://clix.to/iris")Iris Software(EVN:Plugin developers)(/url)
EVN : Invasion