Flëts in Missions

Just a simple question, is it possible to add a flët in a mission resource in EVO? If so, how?

And um, is there a way to change the title of the topic? I forgot to add "EVO" onto it.

------------------
Nosumus Fortiolis Quad Volimus
I'm the only guy in the universe that can make horses laugh and cry.

(This message has been edited by Coraxus (edited 08-22-2002).)

Iiiiin the EVN bible:

A flet resource defines the parameters for a fleet, which is a collection
of ships that can be made to appear randomly throughout the galaxy. Fleets can
also be made to appear by including them in dude resources.

So, alls you need to do is make a dude with the fleet, and make the mission call on that dude.

I think that's how you do it...

------------------
( (url="http://"http://www.webanimag.com/ayb/")All your smurf are belong to smurf!(/url) )( Generic (url="http://"http://ww.evula.com")EVula(/url) link )( monster! )
Mantaray: Supergenius and idiot rolled into one!

Yeah I found this to be kinda fuzzy in the bible as well and I didn't turn up much on a search from the board either. Is this done by a bit or a call to a resource?
Thanks in advance,

- Chris

------------------
What ever doesn't kill
you makes you stronger -
or bitter

Originally posted by roninuta:
**Yeah I found this to be kinda fuzzy in the bible as well and I didn't turn up much on a search from the board either. Is this done by a bit or a call to a resource?
Thanks in advance,

- Chris

It's done by the call of the resource number

------------------

Ok sorry about this but I'm still a little lost. All the example I have seen so far just use ship types and since the resource ID for ships and dude start in the same range how does the engine know the difference? Also - is there a particular order in which ships get generated in the dude resource? I have noticed that regardless of probability some ships get generated more often that others. Am I doing this incorrectly?

Thanks in advance,
Chris

------------------
What ever doesn't kill
you makes you stronger -
or bitter

AFAIK...

You can ***** a flët in a spöb by entering the negative of its ID in the spöb's düde fields. Embedding a flët in a düde , and thus, a mďsn, is impossible. The implication is a typo, and was corrected in the EVN bible after much urging.

-reg

------------------
"Oh crap. I'm going to hell - I put the Bible next to Mein Kampf again."
-Her Holiness, Pope Jenne "Kirby" Hubbs

Originally posted by Regulus:
**AFAIK...

You can ***** a flët in a spöb by entering the negative of its ID in the spöb's düde fields. Embedding a flët in a düde , and thus, a mďsn, is impossible. The implication is a typo, and was corrected in the EVN bible after much urging.

-reg

So I have to just type in the negative and that's it, just like I would do if I wanted to use a flet resource in a syst? I'll try that. Besides, I'm writing a scenario plug-in for EVO and I'm definetly running out of space for düdes resource, and I wanted to make sure to see if I was able to use some of the flët resource slots.

------------------

(This message has been edited by Coraxus (edited 08-23-2002).)

I'm back and I am sorry to say that it doesn't seem to work. I think what happened is that the effect I wanted didn't come out exactly the way I wanted.

I created a flët that had nothing but Voinian supply ships. The mission was a rescue one. I would travel to a system, find one disabled Hinwar supply ship, rescue the passsenger and bring them back to where the mission started. The flët resource ID was 155. So in the misn field where you had to type in the düde resource ID, I put in -155. The result, I ended up rescuing passengers from a UE Shuttle, but with the same Hinwar government.

I cross referenced the düde ID's just to see if Override mistakenly thought that -155 was the düde ID of 155. It wasn't the düde ID had Azdgari ships, but nothing relating to any UE ships.

Can someone explain this and tell me how exactly to replace the düde with a flët resource correctly? I mean there's gotta be a way to do it inorder to tell Override to distinguish each ID numbers from both resources.

------------------