Gambling

I want the old fashioned (circa EV/O) gambling method! The new one is cool, yes, but my movie file sizes are too big, and I would prefer a sort of "behind the scenes" slot machine, ie, bet 1000 or 5000 and the results show up immedeatly. Is this possible, or should I struggle with my movie file sizes?

Another thing, if what I mentioned above isn't possible, how did ATMOS get such small movie sizes?

------------------
"Wonderful! I'll be a bounder yet!" --Tom Ballard
I /used/ to be sane, but then I got a 5th email address...

Quote

Originally posted by Mantaray:
**I want the old fashioned (circa EV/O) gambling method! The new one is cool, yes, but my movie file sizes are too big, and I would prefer a sort of "behind the scenes" slot machine, ie, bet 1000 or 5000 and the results show up immedeatly. Is this possible, or should I struggle with my movie file sizes?

Another thing, if what I mentioned above isn't possible, how did ATMOS get such small movie sizes?**

I don't believe it's possible to change the "type" of gambling used in Nova - you could probably emulate it if you're clever, though.

As for movie sizes, you need to compress them. MPEG4 is the best compressor that I know of, but of course, everyone well need QT6 for them to work. (they should have QT6 anyways, though...) I hear Sorenson (3?) is also pretty good, but I've never really tinkered with this stuff to much.

(edit)(url="http://"http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/webboard/Forum9/HTML/002980.html")here(/url) is a topic that explains how to compress stuff. (incase you don't already know)(/edit)

------------------

Quote

Originally posted by MadFax7:
I hear Sorenson (3?) is also pretty good, but I've never really tinkered with this stuff to much.

Sorenson sucks. Pre-release, moki posted some movies in Sorenson compression, and the quality just sucked. Use Quicktime or MPEG instead.

------------------
"I've just had an apostrophe!"
"I think you mean an epiphany."
"Lightning has just struck my brain!"
"Well, that must hurt!"

I don't think sorenson is that bad, it just depends on how much you want to compress it. You could get decent quality, and it sure beats uncompressed video.

------------------
Eat blazing electric death!
(url="http://"http://www.geocities.com/infernomsh")Inferno Studios)(/url)
(being remade better than ever!)

Quote

Originally posted by P-Psycho:
Sorenson sucks. Pre-release, moki posted some movies in Sorenson compression, and the quality just sucked.

I believe those movies were
a) compressed at very high levels (Sorenson, like many compressors, allows you to adjust its settings on a line from high quality to small size), and
🆒 recorded in Snapz Pro, meaning that they were being recorded live in the CPU's spare time, rather than compressed from a pre-rendered source.

------------------
David Arthur
(url="http://"http://davidarthur.evula.net/")davidarthur.evula.net(/url): MissionComputer and the Talon plug-in
(url="http://"http://www.ev-nova.net/")EV-Nova.net(/url): There's no time like the future. | (url="http://"http://www.evula.com/")EVula's Lair(/url) | (url="http://"http://www.evula.com/survival_guide/")EV Nova Survival Guide(/url) | (url="http://"http://www.evula.org/")evula.org(/url)

You can remove the gambling movies entirely by opening up the dëscs associated to the gambling. I know they are there, and all you have to do to get rid of the movies is just copy them to your plug-in and then delete everything in the "movie" field of the dësc.

I'm under X now and can't access nova so i can't give you the specific resources, you'll just have to look it up yourself.

------------------
"...For what we see now is only a shadow of things to come..."

Quote

Originally posted by Skyfox:
**You can remove the gambling movies entirely by opening up the dëscs associated to the gambling. I know they are there, and all you have to do to get rid of the movies is just copy them to your plug-in and then delete everything in the "movie" field of the dësc.

I'm under X now and can't access nova so i can't give you the specific resources, you'll just have to look it up yourself.

**

Yeah, they are in the dësc resources 32760-32763 in Nova Data 5.

------------------
"The best revenge is a life well lived." -My father

Log in to reply