Submarine TC

As said in the Titan A.E. thread, TC's with original ideas are best.

------------------
Pesmo's Profile Refresh no. 13
I am to tired to think of something I could potentially write here and the perspective that no one would ever read that (yet inexistant) signature discourages me even more.

Originally posted by Coraxus:
**Well, if you're going to do a submarine thingy set in the future. Why not make it SeaQuest TC? Already you have various factions like the UEO, the Confederation, even Macronesia.

And I'm sure there's plenty of various crafts in SeaQuest.

The first season of SeaQuest was the only good one. At least 3 had a sorta plot. 2 was had plot holes like, well, a screen door on a submarine.

Matrix

------------------
"Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool."

Originally posted by what_is_the_matrix:
**The first season of SeaQuest was the only good one. At least 3 had a sorta plot. 2 was had plot holes like, well, a screen door on a submarine.

Matrix

Quite true, but you have to admit: that first season was pretty sweet. And you gotta love the way they could translate Dolphin into English... Good mission idea right there, folks...

------------------
“You’re only given a little spark of madness. You mustn’t lose it.”
-- Robin Williams

Originally posted by spacecowboy:
**Quite true, but you have to admit: that first season was pretty sweet. And you gotta love the way they could translate Dolphin into English... Good mission idea right there, folks...

Wasn't that what I said? That season 1 was the best? Anyway, despite that season 1 really had no overriding plot, other than to protect the ocean from people who would hurt it, it still had lots of great material. Undiscovered organisms lurking in the depths of the ocean, a government minisub design competition, hunting down some guy who's hunting whalers, you know. Good stuff there for mission strings. Even 3, which wasn't as good as 1, would be good material for a plot: trying to defeat a government with a killer expansionist policy. It'd be kinda neat to be fighting the enemy on one front, and then the next time you check your map, you suddenly find that you've lost ground on another (using visbits and stuff to change the affiliations of governments).

Matrix

Matrix

------------------

Originally posted by what_is_the_matrix:
**Wasn't that what I said? That season 1 was the best? It'd be kinda neat to be fighting the enemy on one front, and then the next time you check your map, you suddenly find that you've lost ground on another (using visbits and stuff to change the affiliations of governments).

Matrix

Matrix

I apologize for repeating what you said, it's just been a looooooong time since I've even heard of SeaQuest, and was beginning to wonder if it'd ever really existed. So I was excited when you brought it up.

And as to a changing front, the only thing I want to know is why nobody's ever done it before. The closest I've ever seen is either the UE/Voinian war in EV/O, or failing the black-hole mission in Frozenheart (when all the systems start to disappear on you). Now, with cröns, you can do it independently of missions. So even if the player is an innocent freighter captain, his trade routes will get royally screwed up.

------------------
“You’re only given a little spark of madness. You mustn’t lose it.”
-- Robin Williams

Originally posted by spacecowboy:
**I apologize for repeating what you said, it's just been a looooooong time since I've even heard of SeaQuest, and was beginning to wonder if it'd ever really existed. So I was excited when you brought it up.

And as to a changing front, the only thing I want to know is why nobody's ever done it before. The closest I've ever seen is either the UE/Voinian war in EV/O, or failing the black-hole mission in Frozenheart (when all the systems start to disappear on you). Now, with cröns, you can do it independently of missions. So even if the player is an innocent freighter captain, his trade routes will get royally screwed up.

That would be really cool. It sucks, man! I've got all these great ideas, but absolutely no time to commit to such a plug. DAMMIT! Oh well. I guess it's something to keep in the back of my mind for some future plug.

Matrix

------------------