Kemet Plug-in for Nova

Hey,

I've tried posting this to the Upsomming Plugs page but for some reason it seems that it hasn't been updated in a while, so I will announce it here.

This plug-in adds a pretty expansive area to the NE of the galactic map that is my interpretation of ancient Egyptian culture in a technological age, complete with SEVERAL different factions, from the Shemsu Hor to the Keepers of Ma'at. Each group has a rather large mission string, and there is a host of subplots to keep players active. I'm working on adding some new ships, but as this is the first oppertunity that I've had to work in 3D, understandably the progress is slow (as I am NOT satisfied with tubes with wings!); all the ships are designed, I'm just having trouble implementing them.
I'm looking mostly for anyone who would like to design landing or outfit pics, or if any generous soul would like to make some ships from sketches.. 🙂
Aside from that, looking at 50% complete: All the mission strings have been started, most of the galaxy is there, just getting things together to go!

Rik

------------------
Drinking causes hangovers.
I will uphold Ma'at.
Shemsu Hor.

Have you ever seen a show called "Stargate"?

Sorry to pick on ya, but I felt like I had to say that.

------------------
Cuz I'm a 21st Century Digital Boy
I don't know the Monty Python but I've got a lotta toys
My daddy is a Renegade, his name is Hellcat Helian
Wait a second...

I saw the movie back when it came out (which was long before I got into Egypt) and I frankly don't remember much about it; and all the TV I watch is hockey so I'm afraid that I haven't the foggiest. From what I remember however, the 'ships' on Stargate looked more like the things from "Independance Day" and flying pyramids. What I am working on definately does not.

The whole premise is inspired by certain portions of the "Book of Coming Forth by Day", the Pyramid Texts and the "Book of What is in the Duat" that relate to sending oneself to the stars and "coming down on any sky that you wish". Basically, why is it that the oldest pyramids are the best preserved? Because the ancient Egyptians (Old Kingdom before Dynasty 5) learned to leave the planet; taking thier best architects, artisans, etc. This left the next ruling line without the ability to mimic the archetecture of the previous one. Even to this day, the pyramids of Dynasties 3 and 4 still stand in wonderful condition for being 4500 years old, while the ones from the next dynasty up are in ruins and almost difficult to identify as pyramids unless you already knew they were there.

Anyway, if the Vell-Os can be telepaths that left during the Inquisition, then why can't we have spacefaring Egyptian Dynasts?

------------------
Drinking causes hangovers.
I will uphold Ma'at.
Shemsu Hor.

Not bad.

I don't know too much about Stargate myself. I do know, however, that the Ghoaul (I seriously doubt I spelled that right) are, among a few other things, basically technological egyptians. You might want to look into it, even if you didn't intentionally copy anything.

BTW, I'm talking about the TV series here. I don't know what role if any the Ghuaul played in the movie. But, since thier ships are the giant-pyramid-ships, they were probably in it.

------------------
Cuz I'm a 21st Century Digital Boy
I don't know the Monty Python but I've got a lotta toys
My daddy is a Renegade, his name is Hellcat Helian
Wait a second...