every time I make a plug with outfits, I can't buy anything else(outfits)why is this?

every time I make a plug with outfits, I can't buy anything else(outfits)why is this?

------------------
How many times do I have to tell you!! I left my brain in the park!!

Do you meanthat you can't buy anything else except what you have made or it won't let you buy anything?

------------------
Drinking causes hangovers.
I will uphold Ma'at.
Shemsu Hor.

I can't buy anything else except what i have made

------------------

Originally posted by Death:
**I can't buy anything else except what i have made

My guess is that you are replacing the resource ID#s of the stock items with your new outfits. You need to find unused resource numbers above those already in use.

------------------
"I know the stranger's name."
Turandot

Look to the end of the list of outfits in the Nova Files. Have your outfits that you made start up after the end of the list. Hope this helps.

MC

------------------
Mike Clodfelter (Mike
Vaderrr)
Be sure to stop at the
wonderful world of Clod 1.

I already did that
i did that when i started making plugs
please help :frown:

------------------

(This message has been edited by Death (edited 07-30-2002).)

**I already did that
i did that when i started making plugs
please help :frown:

Can't help unless you give us more information.

------------------
Turandot

two things that helped me (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/evn/addons.html")in the addons section(/url)

Under newest guides, find "TutorialinS" This gave me a basic understanding on how the ID numers interrelate with all the plugin parts IDs. Even though they are not outfit related, they helped.

Then, in the Newest Utilities section "ID.formulas"

I used the info from both of these files and I was able to create a working plugin that did not interfere with the others.

Oh, I'd also get the Bit Bible. With that, I was able to tell outfit to only appear when the first sigma mission was finished.

(Of course it goes without saying (too late!)that you should have the Nova Bible too.)

------------------
"I Work under the underboss who's boss works for the boss of the bosses who owns the "Taste o' Italy" up the block.
"My boss the underboss of the boss who works under the boss of bosses but over my underboss is upset that you didn't check with him before opening the restaurant.
"See what I'm saying?"
(from Gen13 issue 49)

ok
I've checked everything and all of the IDs are correct
all the info I have on my problem and ave been able to gather is that it doesn't work, and that some of my things don't work either :mad:

------------------

**ok
I've checked everything and all of the IDs are correct
all the info I have on my problem and ave been able to gather is that it doesn't work, and that some of my things don't work either :mad:

I am assuming that when you say you "created a new outfit" you indeed created a fresh plug-in that contained a small number of additional resources of the types outf, desc, PICT, each of the above having unique resource ID#'s. I also have to assume you haven't changed tech levels or messed with control bits, that you aren't running several other plugs at the same time, and that you are starting with a fresh character.

I say "assume" because I do not know these things to be true. I have found many people try to untangle a fuzz-ball, running fifteen plugs and using their favorite character, testing mission ideas and dudes and new weapons all at once. It does not make for easy trouble-shooting.

Every engineering school in the country, and most professional programmers as well, will advise you break you problem into the smallest possible parts and test those parts individually.

Which means making a single plug with a single new outfit and no other resources. Testing that in the stock game with a fresh character. If there is still a problem, you can then be safely assured you don't quite understand resource numbers. If it works, you can then go forward to a plug containing a large number of outfits.

Look....copy-paste is easy. Hard disk space is cheap. There is no reason in the world not to work incrementally, especially when you are just starting out. You can assemble all the rest of the bells and whistles later, and when all that is tested, you can copy everything into one big happy plug. And a not-so-minor point...if you end up sending it to someone else to trouble-shoot, they will be more than happy to have a 120K file to look at, rather than a 7.2meg file with music and spobs and kitchen sink.

------------------
Turandot

thanks i'll do that(not being sarcastic)
I should have thought of that before
though i haven't tried it yet, i'm sure it'll work

------------------