Shipyard Movies

The Nova Resource Bible tells us that it is possible to associate a shďp with a quicktime movie by placing the movie's file name in the "MovieFile" field. The movie is supposed to play in the area typically occupied by the shipyard picture, looping continuously.

Although I have had quite lovely success implementing movies in dësc-related areas (Missions, gambling and intro texts, for example) I have been unable so far to make this work. The same movie file works just fine when referenced from a dësc, but when referenced from a shďp it fails to show up at all.

Any thoughts?

------------------
"Oh crap. I'm going to hell - I put the Bible next to Mein Kampf again."
-Her Holiness, Pope Jenne "Kirby" Hubbs

Dunno. I always wondered what that moviefield was for.

Perhaps it's case sensitive? I'll think about this one.

------------------
Psalm 73 - Read
"Please note that learning drugs are illeagle, and urine testing could take place. Any urine found cheating will be court marshalled."
(url="http://"http://homepage.mac.com/mantaray5/EV/index.html")s p h e r e(/url)

I considered that, however, it still fails even on an entirely lowercase filename. To reiterate, the movie fields in dësc resources work fine for exactly the same movie file - I am quite confused.

-reg

------------------

Originally posted by Regulus:
**I considered that, however, it still fails even on an entirely lowercase filename. To reiterate, the movie fields in dësc resources work fine for exactly the same movie file - I am quite confused.

It turns out that there is a single-byte misalignment between NovaTools and the Nova engine, so the shipyard movie name doesn't get read in properly and the movie won't work. Since NovaTools is probably more correct in this instance, I've fixed it in version 1.0.2 of the engine.

mcb

------------------
"If it's not on fire, it's a software problem."

Thanks for clearing that up. In the meantime, would it be possible to make it work by using the Nova templates?

-reg

------------------