spöb animation question

how can we set the speed of an animated planet? Is it in "spďn", "shän" or in "rlëD"?

------------------
"Some things were never ment to have sense."

Originally posted by All2:
**how can we set the speed of an animated planet? Is it in "spďn", "shän" or in "rlëD"?

I believe it is in the 'spob' resource.
mcb

------------------
"If it's not on fire, it's a software problem."

Thank you. It was the only place I didn't search.

------------------
"Some things were never ment to have sense."

Originally posted by All2:
**how can we set the speed of an animated planet? Is it in "spďn", "shän" or in "rlëD"?

For clarification: Spďn is where you tell Nova to look to find the locations of graphics, with the exception of ships. Shän is where you tell Nova to look to find the locations of ship graphics. rlëD is a location where Nova looks to find graphics, same goes for rlë8, and PICT.

Matrix

------------------
"Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool."

Originally posted by what_is_the_matrix:
**rlëD is a location where Nova looks to find graphics, same goes for rlë8, and PICT.

And if you have the rlëD resource for a ship, you must have the rlë8 for it as well, or bad things happen. Found that out right quick.

------------------

Originally posted by UncleTwitchy:
**And if you have the rlëD resource for a ship, you must have the rlë8 for it as well, or bad things happen. Found that out right quick.

Oops, yea. I forgot to mention that. If you use pict sprites, you don't need rles, but it is highly recommended that you use the rles instead of picts.

Matrix

------------------
"Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool."

Originally posted by what_is_the_matrix:
**Oops, yea. I forgot to mention that. If you use pict sprites, you don't need rles, but it is highly recommended that you use the rles instead of picts.

Matrix

Because Nova will run faster, or so I've been told. Picts should only be used for one-frame pictures, like outfit picts, shipyard picts, etc.

------------------
"If you are legally blind, write 1." - Some tax form

Originally posted by Mantaray:
**Because Nova will run faster, or so I've been told. Picts should only be used for one-frame pictures, like outfit picts, shipyard picts, etc.

Nova won't run faster although it may load faster. It converts all sprites to Rle's on loading.

------------------
(url="http://"http://homepage.mac.com/thorprime")NovaBurst Home(/url)

Originally posted by UncleTwitchy:
**And if you have the rlëD resource for a ship, you must have the rlë8 for it as well, or bad things happen. Found that out right quick.

What do you mean specifically? I have a plug I used for test graphics with only rlëD's that runs fine in 1.0 and 1.0.1.

------------------
If you aren't fired with enthusiasm, you'll be fired with enthusiasm.
-Vince Lombardi

Originally posted by Quantum Transcendence:
What do you mean specifically? I have a plug I used for test graphics with only rlëD's that runs fine in 1.0 and 1.0.1.

Rle8s are for lower quality settings. Some people have Nova set to use Rle8s instead of RleDs, and if your plug-in only uses RleDs, people will send you some polite emails saying Nova crashes after the five minute loading time. Since you probably have it set to use high-quality sprites, you don't run into that problem.

------------------
"If you are legally blind, write 1." - Some tax form