EnRLE problems...

I run an iMac 350 Mhz, 320 MB RAM with MacOS X.1.3 installed. When I try to import my small rotating ship movies (.mov movies) into EnRLE the option window appears and I am allowed to make some final changes and things like that. The problem occurs when I click the little ok button. the computer asks for the name of the new files that it will create, and then creates empty res edit files without one single rlë8 or rlëD resource. I have also tried to import series of .jpg files, .pct files and .gif files, but none of them seem to work... Anyone know the solution of this problem?

Oh, and the .mov files were made in Strata 3D 3.0.2, but they still are .mov files, and should work, right?

------------------
If a god of love and life
ever did exist, he is
long since dead. Someone, something... rules in his place."

I don't think EnRLE supports movie formats. First you have to use p2m to convert the sprites to pict files. Make a new ResEdit file with your picts (time saver: just drop the picts in ResEdit, it'll make 2 new files with PICT resources, which you can copy into your new file)

Then make your shan resource using the PICTs and then save it. You can then drop the file into EnRle. (Note: I don't think you need to change any settings in EnRle, the default settings are fine. click okay whenever it says something, and it usually works. (Works for me))

This makes your Rle8 and RleD resources, which you copy into your plug-in.

Hope that helps 🙂

(Edit: typos and made it easier to read)
------------------
Intelligent doesn't meant smart, it means genius.
Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to getcha...
"I sank into a c. and passed an agitated h. over the b." - The Code of the Woosters
Big is beautiful, especially when you're a megalomaniac!

(This message has been edited by Mantaray (edited 05-14-2002).)

Download the Sprites programs from wootware. You can then use m2s on the .mov files you've already made and then convert them to rles with EnRLE.

------------------
"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."
"No matter how much you polish a piece of crap, the best you can hope for is a shiny piece of crap."- Mac journalist discussing the delayed release of Win XP