*Ahem* And just why won't my EVN mission work?

I have created this mission using the most awesome Nova Tools in order to repair the damage that a scenario bug has done to my pilot file. I can see no reason that it would not work, but nevertheless, it refuses to show up - not even if I set it to use specific planets. (I set it to "any inhabiteds" on account of the difficulty I was having finding a convenient spöb that doesn't change at least once.)

Posted Image

------------------
Non cognosco quo modo dicere linguam latinam bene.

(This message has been edited by LoneIgadzra (edited 03-27-2002).)

(This message has been edited by LoneIgadzra (edited 03-27-2002).)

First, make sure that mďsn ID 860 isn't conflicting with another plugin. Any plugin with a name which comes later alphabetically will be loaded after yours, and Nova overrwrites resources as it goes through the plug folder. The last plug wins in any conflict. 🙂 Other than potential conflicts, I can't see why your mission wouldn't be showing up.

FWIW, it's easier to set the mission so that it sets the bits on accept and then it auto-aborts. (I had to create a plug like yours in order to make the Fed missions work correctly.)

--Nathan

I found that there seems to be a problem with using 860 as a mission ID. So I just used 900.....and it worked fine.

I guess it's off to a new ID. I thought of the plug-in conflict during the school day, but I don't think I have any plug-ins that add a new mission.

------------------

Grr, I still can't get the next Auroran mission. I may yet have to do some more mission hacking...

------------------

Sorry to resurrect an old topic, but how exactly does one get the resedit interface to look like that with tables and such? It looks much easier to handle than what I have to deal with (a humongous list of text fields in super resedit 2.13) Does this require a different version of resedit that I don't know about?

Originally posted by kbmeister:
Sorry to resurrect an old topic, but how exactly does one get the resedit interface to look like that with tables and such? It looks much easier to handle than what I have to deal with (a humongous list of text fields in super resedit 2.13) Does this require a different version of resedit that I don't know about?

He's using (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiasw.com/cgi-bin/vftp/dl-redirect.pl/NovaTools.sit?path=evn/utilities&file;=NovaTools.sit")NovaTools(/url)

So am I. I've got the TMPL's loaded into my preferences, and I get lists of fields that looks a bit like an STR resource, but I'm just wondering how you get everything spread out in that nice graphical way? What version of resedit are you using?

Originally posted by kbmeister:
So am I. I've got the TMPL's loaded into my preferences, and I get lists of fields that looks a bit like an STR resource, but I'm just wondering how you get everything spread out in that nice graphical way? What version of resedit are you using?

Should work- 2.1.3 was the last version, and thats what I'm using and it works great. Sure you've got it in the Preferences folder? Try putting the TMPLs in the file your working on- Should have the same effect as putting them in the Preferences.

------------------
----(ClosetPacifist)----
Let the artists be immortal.
If any parts of the above message did not make sense, please ignore them. Thank you, and have a nice day.
"Mr. Napkin flies like a plane. Mr. Napkin eats cellophane. Mr. Napkin... Mr. Napkin..."

I'm sure they're working, but I have no idea why yours looks like the one above and mine looks like this:
Posted Image

The TMPLs are not particularly relevant to NovaTools; if you have a list of fields you are not using NovaTools. To install it, copy all resources from the "NovaTools" file to the "ResEdit Preferences" file. The TMPLs were created by Matt Burch and are another - much less user-friendly - way to edit Nova resources.

------------------
"A taco is merely a rigid, deformed tortilla."
- Thomas Castiglione
"There will be MUCH CRUSHING!"
- Pink

Thanks you very much, it works quite nicely now.