Sapphire Bug

I was playing PoG with Sapphire on. I used the potion to free Sapphire, and chose the level up reward. At the time, I was level 15. I leveled up to level 16, but I didn't get to choose a new spell! I know that there are more spells, because there is still a sheild-like spell for level 3 spells that I have yet to learn. Why did this happen???

------------------
"If a soldier sweats in
boot camp, he won't
bleed in battle."

Quote

Originally posted by Tanis Half-Halo:
**I was playing PoG with Sapphire on. I used the potion to free Sapphire, and chose the level up reward. At the time, I was level 15. I leveled up to level 16, but I didn't get to choose a new spell! I know that there are more spells, because there is still a sheild-like spell for level 3 spells that I have yet to learn. Why did this happen???
**

I think Sapphire was out before Trinity, thus not perfectly compatible.

------------------
Ecky- ecky- ecky- ecky- pikang- zoop- boing- goodem- zoo- owli- zhiv'
Now lobbest thou thy keyboard towards thy monitor, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it.
Rogue Thoughts: reorganizing for a new season near you.

Quote

Originally posted by ArcAngel Counterstrike:
**I think Sapphire was out before Trinity, thus not perfectly compatible.

**

That may be it. That bug and the one that I always experience where the Dragon just keeps using healing infusions and forest mushrooms/fish rations should be fixed.

------------------
"If a soldier sweats in
boot camp, he won't
bleed in battle."

Quote

Originally posted by ArcAngel Counterstrike:
**I think Sapphire was out before Trinity, thus not perfectly compatible.

**

Actually, Trinity was released before Coldstone, making it impossible for Sapphire to be out before Trinity.

------------------
"I never let school interfere with my education." ย—Mark Twain
(url="http://"http://homepage.mac.com/cafall/projects/tfm.html")The Four Mages(/url), an unfinished quest-oriented plug-in for Pillars of Garendall.
ย— Cafall

Quote

Originally posted by Cafalll:
**Actually, Trinity was released before Coldstone, making it impossible for Sapphire to be out before Trinity.

**

Heh, Toolman, you got biatch slapped.

------------------
1600 posts as of 8.27.2002 2:16 AM (5:16 ASW time)
Official minion of (url="http://"http://www.EVula.com")EVula.com(/url). Do not resist. Beware the substance '(url="http://"http://www.EVula.com")E(/url).
Selfish Advertising | (url="http://"http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/webboard/Forum23/HTML/003635.html")Least Frequently Asked Questions(/url). Post if you got 'em!

ok, since I'm not a reg user, I've got to post my question here (since I noticed it doing the Sapphire Plug-In). My question is...what is the blue dot (on the map) in every screen. When I enter the area where it is, my "x" key has no action (id est, I'm still when I hit "x"), yet I strike whenever I'm not in it. I did a search and came up zilch.

much appreciation to whomever answers my question.
Ted (shaking in his boots that someone won't have an answer)

Hmm...the only blue dots I know of are the ones that indicate where enemies are when you have the Awareness ability.

------------------
1800 posts as of 9.05.2002 8:36 AM (11:36 ASW time)
Official minion of (url="http://"http://www.EVula.com")EVula.com(/url). Do not resist. Beware the substance '(url="http://"http://www.EVula.com")E(/url)'.
Selfish Advertising | (url="http://"http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/webboard/Forum23/HTML/003635.html")Least Frequently Asked Questions(/url). Post if you got 'em!

Quote

Originally posted by -esw-dragoon_77:
**Hmm...the only blue dots I know of are the ones that indicate where enemies are when you have the Awareness ability.

**

Red dots show the locations of enemies. Blue dots show the locations of friendly NPC's, such as chickens and people.

------------------
"If a soldier sweats in
boot camp, he won't
bleed in battle."

Quote

Originally posted by Tanis Half-Halo:
Blue dots show the locations of friendly NPC's, such as chickens and people.

...and road signs too. ๐Ÿ˜• ๐Ÿ™‚

------------------
I don't know what I'm talking about.
It needs but one to breed a war, not two... And those who have not swords can still die upon them. Would you have the folk of Gondor gather you herbs only, while the Dark Lord gathers armies?

(quote)Originally posted by Glenn:
**...and road signs too.:)

------------------
"If a soldier sweats in
boot camp, he won't
bleed in battle."
**

Quote

Originally posted by Tanis Half-Halo:
**Red dots show the locations of enemies.

**

Whoops, my bad :redface:

------------------
1900 posts as of sometime early September.
Official minion of (url="http://"http://www.EVula.com")EVula.com(/url). Do not resist. Beware the substance '(url="http://"http://www.EVula.com")E(/url)'.
Selfish Advertising | (url="http://"http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/webboard/Forum23/HTML/003635.html")Least Frequently Asked Questions(/url). Post if you got 'em!

you people did a great job of explaining what my question did not ask....so therefore I can only pressume that my initial explanation was faulted and I have no communication skills whatsoever. So, let me begin again...nothing is there when I'm on the blue dot, and my "x" key does nothing when I'm on the blue dot. There WAS a big blue dot where the blue mushroom was, so I'm thinking it has something to do with some sort of action in the game, but why would it be on every screen, and most of the time with nothing there? Is it just something that needs to be there in order for you to pick up objects?

yer pal,,
ted

Quote

Originally posted by Ted the cowardly aardvark:
**you people did a great job of explaining what my question did not ask....so therefore I can only pressume that my initial explanation was faulted and I have no communication skills whatsoever. So, let me begin again...nothing is there when I'm on the blue dot, and my "x" key does nothing when I'm on the blue dot. There WAS a big blue dot where the blue mushroom was, so I'm thinking it has something to do with some sort of action in the game, but why would it be on every screen, and most of the time with nothing there? Is it just something that needs to be there in order for you to pick up objects?

yer pal,,
ted**

Hi Ted,
Other than friendly or neutral people, signs, and farm animals, the only blue dots I have seen on the map screens were related to a timer device from straytoaster's plug-in, and these were always up in the far top left corner. I think your question got lost in the battle of red vs. blue because no one yet has the answer to your question.

Can you be more specific as to where on the screen these occur? And what is their relative size to dots shown by the awareness skill?

~RD

------------------
My Doctor said I was having too much wine, women, and song - so I gave up singing because 2 out of 3 is not so bad.
The (url="http://"http://mywebpage.netscape.com/rduckfwj/pog/mapnotes.html")Kingdom of Garendall(/url) sectional map is easily printed from gif format pages.
Find those areas you missed the first time around.

the blue dot may well be from my timer script. sorry the NPC_timer is placed random on the map but i never looked at dots much while playing (cuz i'm servely color blind are the red and green match) so i didnt notice the problem.

if one of my blue dots acts up and blocks your access to some area you can save and reload and it will be randomly somewhere else.

namaste
~stray

------------------
Shift Pattern Graphics at (url="http://"http://shiftprint.com")http://shiftprint.com(/url)
See Coldstone_Tips at: (url="http://"http://coldroom.150m.com/CGE_Stuff/CGE_Tips.html")CGE_Tips(/url)

Log in to reply