Fonts?

well I don't know if this should be on the EVO board or the devs corner but.... is it possable to change the font that EVO displays the ship name, mission text, hails, etc. if so, how do i do it? i never wanted to change the font till now...

P.S. What happend to that mission edit thing?

------------------

Mordon wrote:
**well I don't know if this should be on the EVO board or the devs corner but.... is it possable to change the font that EVO displays the ship name, mission text, hails, etc. if so, how do i do it? i never wanted to change the font till now...

Possible yes, easy no. It requires hacking the EVO code, so just forget it.

------------------
Pontus Ilbring

"If all is not lost, where is it?"

I'm to sure exactly how, but you can do it this way: copy the FOND of the fonts into you plug and experiment with the app's FOND ID#s. An example, open wih ResEdit: (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiasw.com/cgi-bin/vftp/dl-redirect.pl?path=evo/plugins&file;=EVOTechUpdate.sit.hqx")http://www.ambrosias.../plugins&file=E VOTechUpdate.sit.hqx://http://www.ambrosiasw.com/cgi-bin/v...hUpdate.sit.hqx://http://www.ambrosiasw.com/cgi-bin/v...hUpdate.sit.hqx(/url) Learn from all the font relates resources.

P.S. You have to include the font with your plug and make sure the player puts the font in ther fonts folder.

P.P.S. Sorry if I don't make any sense, but I lost 3 hours of sleep last night and I'm still recovering from the LONG night drive to California in which I lost 7 hours of sleep. (about 800 miles and 15 hours.)

------------------
OpenGL Avara!

AIM: EVAndrewM

(This message has been edited by Andrew M (edited 04-01-2000).)

If it's any help, the plug-in EVO Tech Update does exactly that: changes the display font. I'm not sure how they did it, but it shows that it can be done. Give it a look.

Glenn

------------------

To do it:

I have been experimenting with it to include new interface fonts in my ST plug, and I have got it!

Open up the font you want with ResEdit. Copy the font's resource, NOTE: It's gotta be that font's resource (FOND). Somtimes it shows all fonts in the folder's resources. Copy that, Paste it in the plug. Change id number to 2020 and whalaa!!! You got you're new interface font. THIS IS ONLY THE INTERFACE FONT AND NOT THE DESC FONTS OR MISSION FONTS. Still checking in on that. 🙂

This might not be clear so ask for more detail if you want later.

------------------
~ThE kWaNzA mAn~
"Thou shalt not mess with the fury of KwAnZa!"

(This message has been edited by Kwanzar (edited 04-02-2000).)

(This message has been edited by Kwanzar (edited 04-02-2000).)

Give me the font you want in it and i think i could do it for you.

------------------
Lance,Captain of the White Swan.

Kwanzar wrote:
**To do it:

I have been experimenting with it to include new interface fonts in my ST plug, and I have got it!

Open up the font you want with ResEdit. Copy the font's resource, NOTE: It's gotta be that font's resource (FOND). Somtimes it shows all fonts in the folder's resources. Copy that, Paste it in the plug. Change id number to 2020 and whalaa!!! You got you're new interface font. THIS IS ONLY THE INTERFACE FONT AND NOT THE DESC FONTS OR MISSION FONTS. Still checking in on that. 🙂

This might not be clear so ask for more detail if you want later.

Some tech problems: EV's interface fonts are at 14 point - not good for wide fonts. The desc and mission fonts are 9 point Geneva - ya can't change 'em unless you replace Geneva.

Did you use the Federation font for interface? That's become my favorite font since I converted it from Windows TrueType.

------------------
I claim my First Amendment rights to express myself through the use of high explosives.

ColdFusion wrote:

Did you use the Federation font for interface? That's become my favorite font since I converted it from Windows TrueType.
(/B)

No, I didn't. I used Trek Monitors font because I thought it would be more correct for the LACARS style Interface.

------------------
~ThE kWaNzA mAn~

(This message has been edited by Kwanzar (edited 04-06-2000).)

Trek Monitors is all caps, but it does fit. For some reason, I've never seen that font on ST I have seen Swiss 911 Bold, which is the font for headings on monitors - y'know, where it says 'LCARS' or 'SCIENCE I.'

I'll try making a plug that uses Federation and see if it works.

------------------
"This evening's meeting of the Clairvoyance Society canceled due to unforeseen circumstances."
-More Anguished English

Help me here I tried replacing the FOND and sfnt resources in a plugin by using the ID numbers trick - didn't work. I had to directly hack the EVO application. What am I doing wrong?

Kwanzar, you mind if I lift your use of TNG Monitors in my own plugin? It's the only font that fits in the boxes

------------------
"Please accept my resignation. I don't want to belong to any club that will have me as a member."
- Groucho Marx

ColdFusion wrote:
**Help me here I tried replacing the FOND and sfnt resources in a plugin by using the ID numbers trick - didn't work. I had to directly hack the EVO application. What am I doing wrong?

I don't know exactly what you did but i know that it's possible because used that trick and it worked fine. What font did you use and exactly what did you do?

------------------
"I was under the influence of medication when I made the decision to burn the tapes."

Richard Nixon

Email -- SmashMaster18@hotmail.com
AIM -- JolJvik

ColdFusion wrote:
Kwanzar, you mind if I lift your use of TNG Monitors in my own plugin? It's the only font that fits in the boxes

Sure, I don't own the Font. Literally. 🙂

------------------
~ThE kWaNzA mAn~

(This message has been edited by Kwanzar (edited 04-07-2000).)