Defense Fleet reduction; how?!?!?!?!

I've used both EV-Edit and ResEdit to try and reduce planets' defense fleets, and it doesn't work!!!
In EV-Edit, when I put "1" for the number of ships, no ships showed at all, and sometimes, planets simply would not allow me to take them over!
In ResEdit, when I put in "1" for the defense fleet, the ships still appeared (and it may have been an infinite amount)!
What precisely do I have to put in to reduce the defense fleet to a single ship (or perhaps no ships)?

Also, as I noted in "Forgot to add this to my last message", PLEASE read my "Success!!" posting, as I ask for more help there (bug testers for some plugs).

------------------
"The only thing we have to fear is Disney being bought by Bill Gates (or Microsoft being bought by Dumbo the Elephant, same difference)"
If sheep had wings, and dogs had horns, then I wouldn't be typing this.

I made a plug that does that, called Dominator (NOT the one on the EV site).

However, I did what you did, the 1 in the defdude field. To make it work, you have to demand tribute from the planet, then jump out, then jump back in and demand tribute again.

😕

------------------
Three years and my pizza still isn't here.

Maybe I should call.

Well, so much for that idea...
Why don't you make your plug available for download? I could sure use it (even with super-weapon plugs, defeating Sol's defense fleets isn't easy...)

------------------
"The only thing we have to fear is Disney being bought by Bill Gates (or Microsoft being bought by Dumbo the Elephant, same difference)"
If sheep had wings, and dogs had horns, then I wouldn't be typing this.

Because my mac doesn't have net access. :frown:

It sux; I have to use the school PCs. And they're terrible.

I'm actually supposed to be doing the CISCO NETWORKING course at the moment. Does anyone here know of it/do it/have the certificate?

------------------
Three years and my pizza still isn't here.

Maybe I should call.

Okay, here's some stuff you should know about defense fleets in Res Edit.

According to the EVO bible (and my personal experience) the way to accomplish this is to type 1011 in Res Edit.

What this does is set it to 1 ship per wave and 1 total ship. EVO subtracts 1 from the first digit. Read the EVO bible for more detail.

------------------
"Landing request denied."

- The Igadzra

Company Tritanium Enterprises: (url="http://"http://www.megalink.net/~joe1/w/")http://www.megalink.net/~joe1/w/(/url)

Maridian wrote:
**Because my mac doesn't have net access.:frown:

It sux; I have to use the school PCs. And they're terrible.

I'm actually supposed to be doing the CISCO NETWORKING course at the moment. Does anyone here know of it/do it/have the certificate?

Yep we have CISCO. One of the two places in our state with it. I just got interviewed (think KGB interogation techniquies x1000) today to try and make it in.

Now if only they'd learn that wireless modem connections (IMacs 🙂 ) are the wave of the future.

------------------
ResEdit Wars: A New Crash
ResEdit Wars II: The Hacker Hacks Back
RedEdit Wars III: Return of the unknown error.

And now playing on your Mac:
ResEdit Wars: The Phantom Plugin

This is straight out of the EVO bible.

DefCount:
The number of ships in the defense fleet. If you set this number
to be above 1000, ships will be launched from the planet or
station in waves. The last number in this field is the number of
ships in each wave, and the first 3-4 numbers (minus 1 from
the first digit) are the total number of ships in the planet's
fleet. For example, a value of 1082 would be four waves of two
ships for a total of eight. A value of 2005 would create waves
of five ships each, with 100 ships total in the planet's defense
fleet.

Heres a few more examples.
1011 would create 1 ship in 1 wave. (as previously stated)
if you make it 2011 it will be 101 ships, with 1 ship per wave.
and if you make it 2015 then it would still be 101 ships total, with 5 ships in each wave.
So basically you take your total ships you want, say 400. Add 1 to the first digit, to make it 500. Then add a last column with the number of ships in the wave. So to make it 8 ships per wave, it would be 5008, with 400 ships total. You'll notice you can't get any more ships per wave then 9 though.

Hope that destroys any doubt anywhere. 😉

Chamrin

------------------