Ace's Plugin Idea

Hey guys...

Ace posted this info for a plug in in lots of topics because he for some reason hasn't registered (ace, it's free!). I've deleted all those and here is the info: (it sounds great!)

<font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial" color="808BAD">
I have all the graphics for 5+ new races for the regular Escape

Velocity. These are the Podulans (overall twice as good as any other

government), the Primerrians (primitive but great against Cromeons), and

the Cromeons (have all the beams and lasers but their shields arent made

for bullets. their the bad guys)

In the beginning, it is found that the alien cruiser was the last (we

knew that) but that it was not the same aliens as the others (captured

ship)

Earth is at its all time high, with the rebels and confed united but

keeping their own space, when, suddenly, a new alien race attacks and

begins to devastate every planet, This is where you (the player) come

in.

You are contacted by the confeds as they have a new weapon to destroy

the aliens. You are to pick it up but in the event that it is not ready

jsut hurry back to luna. The weapon is ready but when you leave the

planet (pegasus) many strange and godlike shimmering vessels hyperwarp

in and begin to destroy everything, including the vessels carrying the

weapon. You hurry back to luna where fighters (or what look like them)

are swarming. You are told by young Admiral (note the lower rank)

McPherson (you may remember him from EVO) to make the best effort you

have to destroy the menace along with many other daring confed and rebel

pilots but that they need you more than anything so if things get bad

you are you warp to Sirius station. You cannot destroy the mighty w

arships that are just hyperwarping in and flee to sirius station. Once

there you are told that Earth HAS BEEN DESTROYED............

In a frantic hurry you turn to the one race that you have never dreamed

of making the journey to...............

The plug includes many races and many many missions, and many many MANY

allies and switch sides. many mutinies, and many enemies turing to

friends, or at least it will. hows that sound? but i cannot get graphics to load

properly, the missions do not work, and well without the graphics its

nothing. I also cant use resedit i hate it so i cant set certain planets

to have certain weapons.... it needs work and i cant find anyone who

knows so what do i do? will anyone help me make it if i were to send the graphics dictate missions, etc.? you would also get 50% of the "created by" aka: chreated by (me) and (you)

</font>

------------------
Mazca

Moderator, EV Developer's Corner.

'If all else fails, use some molegrips and a hacksaw'.
mazca@bigfoot.com
AIM: Mazca13

" TARGET=_blank>www.jpw.op.nu

</A>

(This message has been edited by Mazca (edited 01-26-2000).)

Mazca wrote:
**Hey guys...

Ace posted this info for a plug in in lots of topics..

I have all the graphics for 5+ new races for the regular Escape

Velocity................

The plug includes many races and many many missions, and many many MANY

allies and switch sides. many mutinies, and many enemies turing to

friends, or at least it will. hows that sound? but i cannot get graphics to load

properly, the missions do not work, and well without the graphics its

nothing. I also cant use resedit i hate it so i cant set certain planets

to have certain weapons.... it needs work and i cant find anyone who

knows so what do i do? will anyone help me make it if i were to send the graphics dictate missions, etc.? you would also get 50% of the "created by" aka: chreated by (me) and (you)

</font>

Mazca, have you got Ace's e-mail address?

Ace, if you won't learn to use ResEdit or Resourceror, you really shouldn't be trying to make a plug:-) One of those tools is absolutely essential for any serious plug-in project.

Your plug-in sounds great, you shuld have no problem finding someone to help you, especially if you have done the graphics.

If no one else comes forward, I will try to help you some, but I am in the middle of 2 major plug projects at present, and don't have much free time.

------------------

Its not that i wont, its that im having a hard time. But im registered and here i am...

: 🆒:

------------------

also one other thing, when i set graphics ( i already mentioned it), they dont load, for both ships and planets. a little help? 😕

------------------

(This message has been edited by Ace Battlepilot (edited 02-01-2000).)

How are you currently trying to get them to load? Tell us everything; teh more data we have, the better our conclusions...

------------------
(pipeline)

what?

------------------

well first i do it the easy way,. I simply load it with EV Edit, if that fails, i then go to resedit and try to cheat it in by trying things,. if niether work i keep trying but nothings happened. I finally got the Podulars graphics and weapons in, (graphics borrowed weapons invented, especially my household anf friend known Energy Dispersal Field Generator, I'll describe later being that when i type i see the password dots so excuse me for spelling errors.) but anyway, i finnaly got graphics and weapons loadd and made a few systems by copying comr confed systems and editing the new ones. After trying and trying to load cool planet graphics, all that would appear was a fork lift (odd enough), then i noticed the new planets transferred to the old ones making all the earth planets forklifts aswell and having podular ships...

:eek:

Ace Battlepilot

------------------

Ace Battlepilot wrote:
**well first i do it the easy way,. I simply load it with EV Edit, if that fails, i then go to resedit and try to cheat it in by trying things,. if niether work i keep trying but nothings happened. I finally got the Podulars graphics and weapons in, (graphics borrowed weapons invented, especially my household anf friend known Energy Dispersal Field Generator, I'll describe later being that when i type i see the password dots so excuse me for spelling errors.) but anyway, i finnaly got graphics and weapons loadd and made a few systems by copying comr confed systems and editing the new ones. After trying and trying to load cool planet graphics, all that would appear was a fork lift (odd enough), then i noticed the new planets transferred to the old ones making all the earth planets forklifts aswell and having podular ships...

Okay. You've got a simple problem; you don't know how Escape Velocity works. Nothing to be embarrased about, but if you want to continue with your plug you'll need to learn, and fast.

Your first port of call is the Annotated EVO Bible, available online at the escape-velocity website. Read it through, then take another look.

When you get to things you don't understand, post here.

best,

------------------
(pipeline)

Ace, are these your graphics? The podulans sounds like the name of a ship set I saw somewhere sometime.

------------------
Zacha K
(url="http://"http://users.aol.com/zachakplug/sigdir/index.html")The Zacha K Space(/url)
(url="http://"http://users.aol.com/zachakplug/sigdir/azach.html")Find out more about the Zachit(/url)
(url="http://"mailto:ZachaKPlug@aol.com")mailto:ZachaKPlug@aol.com(/url)ZachaKPlug@aol.com

I wish they were, and yes i know i have to do the credit but i am only 14, im no graphic engineer (or however you spell it)

However im open to any suggestions/offers

Ace Battlepilot

"Kill the Dreadnoughts!!!"

------------------

Hell no... I AM USING PODULAR GRAPHICS SET!
I gotta change it...

------------------
"Where'd you get those
coconuts?"

hey whats up, whas going on, i'm lost Cap'n

'Ace Battlepilot

------------------
Just give me a Miranu Gunship, give me orders and watch me kill those F'in B_st_rds!!!

Pretty interesting ideas, except for the McPherson tie-in. I'm pretty convinced that EVO does not take place after EV, it's either a different game universe or it's during the Great War. Notice the differences in the galaxy, this would suggest the former, though the latter might be an interesting theory. Also, if it was after EV, the UE would have the knowledge of how to kick alien butt because of the great war. Of course, you could just make it another McPherson who happens to have the same name as an EVO character.

------------------

So, i am very busy lately but who might be interested in putting this bad boy together?

------------------
' Ace Battlepilot

Just give me a Miranu Gunship, give me orders and watch me kill those F'in B_st_rds!!!