New Plug for EV

The plug will be a complete replacement of the EV galaxy. It will feature 10 new governments, all new ships, weapons, and planets. Also the 10 governments will be divided into 3 different races. Mankind, ErChron (the badguys), and the KalaKitiv (organic ships). I'm thinking of maybe making the KalaKitiv have to be part of thier ship for the ship to work or making them the ship. If you have any comments feel free to mention them.

(This message has been edited by Maestro (edited 01-19-2000).)

I just thought to maybe also make it work for EVO. Anyone know how I could do that?

------------------
Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil for I'm the meanest motherf----r in the valley!

Just adjust the neccesary resources in the fork, and change the creator and mod codes..very simple

Thanks, for the tip.

------------------
Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil for I'm the meanest motherf----r in the valley!

Converting a plug from EV to EVO is not that easy - it involves a lot more work that you say - there are some conflicting stuff - I think you can do it with EV-Edit, but it is easier to re-do the plug from the ground up.

J~

Converting a plug-in from EV to EVO IS pretty hard. There's some differences in the templates, and it's take a while to go through them all by hand. I don't think just changing the type and creator would do it.
And STAY AWAY from EVOlution. Packaged with EV-Edit, on my computer it wrecks the plug-ins.

------------------
Zacha K
(url="http://"http://users.aol.com/zachakplug/sigdir/index.html")The Zacha K Space(/url)
(url="http://"mailto:ZachaKPlug@aol.com")mailto:ZachaKPlug@aol.com(/url)ZachaKPlug@aol.com

Thanks. I think I might just rebuild from the ground-up using the orginal as a guide though.

It would be easier to do it that way - if you are used to EV there will be a load of mew tools at your disposal.

J~

i found a really great program with a plug i got once that works sorta like dropstuff where as you drop the EV/EVO plug onto it andit converts it to the other..... 🆒

Maestro, I love your "valley" quote!

------------------
To each his own,
U-99

Ace:
I think the program you're thinking of was called EVOlution (one of the cleverest names I've seen yet). I don't know if it's in the files now. I never used it, but I'm sure that even after applying it, you might still want to go through the resources and make sure everything worked right.

------------------
Bubbles

Actually, there is a program that does the 'dropstuff' thing. I found it in with Femme Fatale. It can covert either EVO to EV or EV to EVO format. I haven't had problems with it. But the bubbles was right when he said it wrecks havoc on plugs. It's a sugar coated poison pill if you ask me.

------------------

Thanks again. 🆒

------------------

Zeta thats the one

🆒

------------------

Zeta thats the one

🆒

------------------

Well, there are s few simple steps for a good conversion
Change creator codes
Make sure you check up on 'jamming', in EV there is one. Missles to be jammed by flares (100%) and missle jammer device (50%)
In EVO there is 4 jammer series, 3 are already used, for the three types of missles

Missions add 6-7 boxes. So make sure you put -1s in place of the 0s ResEdit adds...

Make sure your mission bits are not in conflict with EVO mission bits. Your plug may of been able to use ID#300 with bit 150 or whatever, but an EVO mission might use that as well.

Other than that, its simple flags that dont show up in the game as noticble bugs...

------------------

There is going to be a silght change there is now a few items and ships that I did not create on my own.

------------------