Silver Sky Whale

I started to kill off a whole bunch of puny renegades in West Miranu space and now they want me to kill off some hotshot pirate who calls his ship the "Silver Sky Whale." I've tried and I've tried, but I can't ice the sucker. I'm in a Lazira with a needle launcher, over 200 needles, 2 SAD module launchers, 45 SAD modules and 2 shield enhancers. My ship seems like it should be strong enough to kill this dude. Maybe it's my strategy? I kill off all the little guys first, then work my up to the head honcho. But when I face him, he turns me into mincemeat. Every gosh darn time. I hate him. Did I just get in over my head? I really don't like to abort missions, but this one is tearing the @$$ out of me. Any help would be appreciated.

DJC

This is what I done:

1.Get a crescent warship.
2.Get more SAD's and as many phase turrets possibly (4).Then,use the space to get whatever else (Shield enhancers,speed upgrades ect.).
3.Then go to renegade space and capture a few crescent warships/Lazires.
4.Then blow the f*ck out of him.

Personally, I'd go for the warship first.

It's so easy. I did it in a Lazira with no problem. I got 2 SAD launchers and maxed out on SADs (I think I had 30-something). When you enter the system, target him and run away, all the time launching SADs. Keep moving around him in a cirlce while keeping your distance and be sure you have a ECM system installed or HIS SADs will nail you. The Sky Whale's fighters will never catch you if you keep moving in a circle around the Whale. Keep pounding away at him with your SADs. I got his shields down to 13% and then I attacked him. I was only hit by a couple of his SADs and my shields were still at 75% when I was finished blowing him away. Don't take on the fighters! Just leave the system once the mothership has gone BOOM. That's it! It's soooooo easy.

------------------

Did the same thing as the Captain did and had no problem blowing him away and not even losing 10% of my shields. The key is to keep him within range of the modules while staying away from conventional weapons. Another thing to remember to do it to keep away from the fighters. If you engage one of them eventually you will go too close to the SSW and you will be dusted. Good luck.

------------------
I did really good on my driver's exam. I knocked down all the cones.

I took out that thing in a scoutship with neutron cannon.
he is so easy!!!!!!!!!!

------------------

Originally posted by Cap'n Hector Must DIE!!!:

**I took out that thing in a scoutship with neutron cannon.

he is so easy!!!!!!!!!!

Hmm...Cap'n Hector and FatBoy4 both have the same IP. Interesting...

😄 😄 😄 😛

------------------
"You can make something idiot proof, but someone else can make a better idiot"

AIM/AOL-Nador26

Yahoo Messenger-OctoberFost

(url="http://"http://www.geocities.com/OctoberFost")http://www.geocities.com/OctoberFost(/url)

My reply that was accidentally posted under the "drednaught help" topic should belong here. :rolleyes: Therefore, I'm reposting it:

A Lazira is well capable to kick a Crescent Warship's butt. Actually, CWs were the main source of credits that allowed me to buy my first own CW. 😉

Here's my strategy:

- Max out your primary weapons with phase turrets. Unfortunately, you can't use turrets and swivelcannons anymore. That used to be the ultimate kick-ass combination.

- Get an ECM. Unless there are lots of asteroids around, those enemy SADs are a major nuisance.

- Sell off those SAD launchers. No, this is not a typo. Sell 'em off.

- Buy 4-5 Defence Systems. No, this isn't a typo either. Fill up the remaining weapon space with Defence Pods.

- Next time you see a CW, swoop in with turrets blazing, settle down right on top of the warship and punch out a few salvoes of defence pods. That will drop its shields in no time at all, and it won't have the time to launch more than a handful of SADs.

- Board the ship and get the credits, then abort.

- Destroy the CW for more respect in town. 😉

- If you're up to it, finish off the fighters; otherwise, just jump out of the system.

Believe it or not, I now have a captured Igazra (lucky catch during the big battle at the end of the Azdgari mission arc) and a fleet of CWs and Laziras; yet I still use Miranu Defense Pods as my only secondary weapons! (I can't use SAEs yet since I haven't done the Igadzra tour of duty yet...) SADs are just too unreliable, too susceptible to interference for my taste. Furthermore, they're slower to deliver than the DPs, and they cost more.

-- Cinga

(This message has been edited by Cinga (edited 05-01-2000).)

Oh man, you noticed...
:rolleyes:
But look at the old fatboy 4s ip. I wasn't him, I know fatboy 4 in real life, and
he goes to my school. So in class I was doing this and showing it to him and he
was laughing. Sorry, I won't do it again.

------------------

Cinga -

Alright man, I'm gonna sell off my SAD's, and buy some defence pods. I haven't even tried them yet. I hope you know what you're talking about... :frown:

DJC

------------------

Well i'm asuming you only have a few mill. otherwise you'd buy a CW, although if you have 10.5 mill. go to UE space and do the anna bolishive (or what ever her name is) missions and get a UE Cruiser, it's the most ship for your money. it's got 200 armor witch will last a VERY long time in crescent space... although the ship that i REALLY suggest is the Voinian Cruiser, with 6 nuetron turrets and 6 nuetron cannons, that'll kick any crescent ship back to the pre-warp age! 😄

oh, BTW, Phase cannons/turrets suck ass, Swivel Phase cannons are OK if your in a fighter and not fighting voinians, but the rest are just over-priced pieces of ****, i mean 50,000 credits for a stinky little piece of crap? and 180,000 credits for a SINGLE turret? that'll buy you two nuetron turrets and a nuetron cannon!

DEATH TO THE CRESCENT!!! LONG LIVE THE VOINIANS!!!

------------------

I did what I did to fight all the ships I dont like to fight face to face.
If you get far enough in front of him but not too far your phase and neutron turrets will reach him.
He is dumb enough to keep following you and get blown up without shooting at you.
it might take a little practice but it works.

------------------

Here's what to do...

1. Do not sell your Lazira...
  2. Sell the needle missiles and launcher...
  3. Sell the SAD modules and launcher. Yes that's right do it!!!...
  4. Max out your primary weapons...
  5. Buy three pursuit missile launchers and max out your remaining space with pursuit missiles...
  6. Kick the f*ck out of the Silver Sky Whale or what ever it was called
    🙂 🙂 🙂

------------------
kill the hamsters
gerbils are superior

At risk of getting told off for another necro-post: Did anyone else have terrible trouble finding this ship? It took ages!

@shallowthing, on 23 December 2012 - 04:05 PM, said in Silver Sky Whale:

At risk of getting told off for another necro-post: Did anyone else have terrible trouble finding this ship? It took ages!

Let sleeping topics lie and knock off the gravedigging.

As I have just said in response to a PM from one of the moderators: On every other web forum I have participated in it is considered good form to find an existing topic on the subject one wishes to broach and contribute there, rather than starting an umpteenth new thread about the same thing. I shall bear in mind this forum's particular idiosyncracies in future, however!

Meh. Grave-digging isn't as bad in a dead forum. That said, if a topic's REALLY old (which definitely happens here), might as well start a new one.

Anyways, did you manage to find the bloke?

Also, huzzah, new blood in the override forum! Are you picking up EVO for the first time?

This post has been edited by n64mon : 21 January 2013 - 03:36 PM

@n64mon, on 21 January 2013 - 03:34 PM, said in Silver Sky Whale:

Meh. Grave-digging isn't as bad in a dead forum. That said, if a topic's REALLY old (which definitely happens here), might as well start a new one.

Anyways, did you manage to find the bloke?

Also, huzzah, new blood in the override forum! Are you picking up EVO for the first time?

I've just started playing EVO for the first time, really enjoying it, so there's definatley some of us n00bs still around!

Fairly excited to hear that :D.

Definitely wouldn't mind a few topics popping up on the board. Planning to play through again myself soon, it has been too long. I think I said that a year or more ago too lol.