My reply that was accidentally posted under the "drednaught help" topic should belong here. :rolleyes: Therefore, I'm reposting it:
A Lazira is well capable to kick a Crescent Warship's butt. Actually, CWs were the main source of credits that allowed me to buy my first own CW.
Here's my strategy:
- Max out your primary weapons with phase turrets. Unfortunately, you can't use turrets and swivelcannons anymore. That used to be the ultimate kick-ass combination.
- Get an ECM. Unless there are lots of asteroids around, those enemy SADs are a major nuisance.
- Sell off those SAD launchers. No, this is not a typo. Sell 'em off.
- Buy 4-5 Defence Systems. No, this isn't a typo either. Fill up the remaining weapon space with Defence Pods.
- Next time you see a CW, swoop in with turrets blazing, settle down right on top of the warship and punch out a few salvoes of defence pods. That will drop its shields in no time at all, and it won't have the time to launch more than a handful of SADs.
- Board the ship and get the credits, then abort.
- Destroy the CW for more respect in town.
- If you're up to it, finish off the fighters; otherwise, just jump out of the system.
Believe it or not, I now have a captured Igazra (lucky catch during the big battle at the end of the Azdgari mission arc) and a fleet of CWs and Laziras; yet I still use Miranu Defense Pods as my only secondary weapons! (I can't use SAEs yet since I haven't done the Igadzra tour of duty yet...) SADs are just too unreliable, too susceptible to interference for my taste. Furthermore, they're slower to deliver than the DPs, and they cost more.
(This message has been edited by Cinga (edited 05-01-2000).)