anyone still playing...?

Just to go off topic about capturing planets and whatnot in EVO, I never really got around to it. Is it hard or is it pretty easy to do? I was thinking it was more difficult in EVO? Any thoughts or advice would be helpful.

Also, doe EVO have the largest map, or does EVN beat EVO in that title. I'm leaning towards EVN.

EVN certainly wins with the most uninhabited systems. With actually useful systems I think it's a lot closer, and in galaxy design, Override wins hands down :).

@martinz, on Mar 6 2008, 06:13 AM, said in anyone still playing...?:

EVN certainly wins with the most uninhabited systems. With actually useful systems I think it's a lot closer, and in galaxy design, Override wins hands down :).

EVN is stupid that way. There are whole sections with no people-planets

@max1, on Mar 7 2008, 05:58 PM, said in anyone still playing...?:

EVN is stupid that way. There are whole sections with no people-planets

Realism, don'tcha know?

@starkiller, on Mar 7 2008, 10:14 PM, said in anyone still playing...?:

Realism, don'tcha know?

Realism, shmealism. We play EV to have fun, and realism, as a general rune ? fun.

Override's plethora of hidden uninhabited nooks and crannies can easily go unnoticed for a grand multitude of pilot files before you ever find them all (and they had fun dëscs too). In Nova, the only real concentration of uninhabited spöbs is in Polaris space, and even then there were only a few. Even the original EV had more uninhabited spöbs, and that's saying something.

Just found an old Powerbook G3 333 "Lombard" in the basement of the dorm/house/thing I'm living in. I'm playing EVO and EV classic on that, but I've got the EVN conversions if I feel like using my PC. Nothing like gov't property to get my OS 9 game on!