anyone still playing...?

out of interest, is anyone still using EVO on the old platform? Or does everyone just use the conversion on the nova platform...?

Gav

When I want to play a plug-in, like Frozen Heart, I fire up my old 7100/66 PowerMac and play on the old engine. But if I just have the mood strike that I want to play the stock EVO scenario, I jack in the Nova port and play on my G3 iMac, because, frankly, it actually runs better than the original.

When'd you get unbanned?

Yar, I still play EVO in Classic.

@-visitor-, on Jan 22 2008, 09:50 PM, said in anyone still playing...?:

When I want to play a plug-in, like Frozen Heart, I fire up my old 7100/66 PowerMac and play on the old engine. But if I just have the mood strike that I want to play the stock EVO scenario, I jack in the Nova port and play on my G3 iMac, because, frankly, it actually runs better than the original.

Ditto 🙂

Up until recently I still played it on my old mac 8.6 machine but now thats been put away to make room I play the port when I feel the need.

@qaanol, on Jan 23 2008, 05:17 AM, said in anyone still playing...?:

When'd you get unbanned?

I was banned for over a year... i only recently got it lifted... hee hee 🙂

@pistgavin, on Jan 24 2008, 03:07 PM, said in anyone still playing...?:

I was banned for over a year... i only recently got it lifted... hee hee 🙂

I thought you were in the slammer this whole time.

This post has been edited by Callide : 24 January 2008 - 06:53 PM

I got my old OS 9 thrown away so I'm stuck with the ports because mum won't let me get classics

I've been playing the original EV and EVO on Basilisk2 on Windows... it works great and I find I like it more than the EVN ports even if I'm not using plugins. Once I've got it working it's just about as easy as firing up Nova anyway.

@callide, on Jan 24 2008, 11:51 PM, said in anyone still playing...?:

I thought you were in the slammer this whole time.

Funny you should say that, I did get a 6 month sentence for drug dealing. I was out after 4 but it really helped me out- mostly by seperating me from my circle of bad friends. After I got out I managed to get a flat in a completely new area, and I kept my head down, got a job etc.. and now I'm doing fine!

So tell me, have people been making plugins for the EVO/N port? or even twiddling with the existing game to add new features? I wouldn't mind playing EVO but on a more advanced platform.

I've made a few very minor plugs for the port which you can see on my site. I also have plans for a slightly-less-minor plug with a short string of missions (a remake of a plug I made for the original EVO). Over the years I occasionally add a resource or two to the plug but I do have the graphics, made by modifying some of the original models in Infini-D.

Does the port come with extra features i.e. reinforcements being called when a UE/voinian ship is under attack? or is it just completely immitating the stock game?

No, not really, except for things that are unavoidable such as the AI. It does it's best to imitate the original game.

Has anyone made a plug that sticks entirely to the original, but just changes values to make it more like evn? If not, I may start with a plug that does minor changes but is overrall the same.

@pistgavin, on Feb 3 2008, 10:53 AM, said in anyone still playing...?:

Funny you should say that, I did get a 6 month sentence for drug dealing. I was out after 4 but it really helped me out- mostly by seperating me from my circle of bad friends. After I got out I managed to get a flat in a completely new area, and I kept my head down, got a job etc.. and now I'm doing fine!

Yeah, sometimes a drastic change of scenery is necessary to break those negative ties. Glad to hear you're doing good. 🙂

Now go finish that monster plugin you started. jk!

I'm still playing on my iMac(2nd gen)
Is there any way i can play my pilot on the nova evo port?

@callide, on Feb 6 2008, 09:21 PM, said in anyone still playing...?:

Yeah, sometimes a drastic change of scenery is necessary to break those negative ties. Glad to hear you're doing good. 🙂

Now go finish that monster plugin you started. jk!

well I paid for nova, and already starting tinkering with stuff. I forgot how much I enjoyed doing all this 🙂

So hopefully, expect top quality innovative plug-ins at some point in the future 🆒

Gav

@pistgavin, on Jan 22 2008, 06:10 PM, said in anyone still playing...?:

out of interest, is anyone still using EVO on the old platform? Or does everyone just use the conversion on the nova platform...?

Gav

I believe I still have EVO for the Mac. I like all them on Mac, but I got EVN for Windows. But EVO and EVC I have for Mac and love them both on Mac.

I still play it! I have an old PowerMac 7100 runnign Mac OS 8.6! I still have the demo, but I have an Igraza ship(Which is fully modifed), and I recieve more than 100,000 credits a day in tributs. Pretty cool!