Different kind of conversion

Mac Classic to OS X?

Hi

As my title suggests I was wondering if there was a PDF converter program that would allow me to read files that I would otherwise need classic to view.
I don't have classic but do have means to get it but even then I've been told it's still hard to use (also it seems alot of
effort just to to read a few files).

Plus I don't want to bug certain members everytime I want to read something (Callide :)).

This post has been edited by undead_shadow : 04 February 2008 - 09:35 AM

Well, you might be out of luck. Per Guy's posts in the EV forum, he had to extract the graphics and text from whatever Classic file, and then create a new file from that.

Honestly, I don't mind helping you, but I don't always have the luxury of doing it asap, so it might take me a day or two to get to it. 🙂

What is the file you're trying to read, exactly? Maybe Guy has already converted the specific file you're interested in.

Nah, it was just one doc from Frozen Heart I did.

Okay, undead_shadow. I just downloaded File Juicer from this page:

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/syst...filejuicer.html

There is a free 30 day trial, so you can test it.

It opened the original EVO Ship Guide file in OS X without launching Classic.

It only opens as text, nothing formatted like a PDF page. So, if all you want is to have a quick read of text, it would work.

But you have to wade through a bit of coding before you get to the actual information you want (well, unless there is something in the preferences you can adjust, but I'm too lazy to check it out. :D)

@callide, on Feb 5 2008, 02:15 AM, said in Different kind of conversion:

Okay, undead_shadow. I just downloaded File Juicer from this page:

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/syst...filejuicer.html

There is a free 30 day trial, so you can test it.

It opened the original EVO Ship Guide file in OS X without launching Classic.

It only opens as text, nothing formatted like a PDF page. So, if all you want is to have a quick read of text, it would work.

But you have to wade through a bit of coding before you get to the actual information you want (well, unless there is something in the preferences you can adjust, but I'm too lazy to check it out. :D)

As I said I will try it and get back to you

Thanks again 🙂

Da nada. 🙂

Let us know how it goes.