Shield generator and other mission given outfits

I was wondering if the shield generator you get given plus the marine platoon thing you get given in the UE line can be bought again...

I have a Izgadri cruiser and want to join the azgadzri (<-- apologies for spelling?) for the shield generator....
I realise I can't do the line in my cruiser (the package retrival at the beginning means I need a smaller ship (I'm going for a Lazira) but I want the shield generator on my cruiser so do I have to recapture the cruiser before that mission or get it afterwards?
The same with the marine platoon (how much does it increase you capture adds by and how much does it weigh?)

Nope, they're one-time things. The UE Marine Gear and the Nebula Penetration Device both transfer from ship-to-ship, but other things, like the Azdagari Enhanced Shield Generator or the UE Cloaking Device, disappear forever once you transfer ships.

Therefore, it would be prudent to capture the Igazra you desire just before the mission that grants the outfit is offered. However, I believe there are other time-sensitive missions after that point in the string, so your efforts could very well be for moot.

As for the Marine Gear, I believe it raises your Crew Value by 500, and weighs absolutely nothing. It certainly is handy though.

But don't toss that pilot file. Save it before you get a new ship, you just might want to go back to it. 🙂

@-visitor-, on Jan 22 2008, 01:08 PM, said in Shield generator and other mission given outfits:

Nope, they're one-time things. The UE Marine Gear and the Nebula Penetration Device both transfer from ship-to-ship, but other things, like the Azdagari Enhanced Shield Generator or the UE Cloaking Device, disappear forever once you transfer ships.

Therefore, it would be prudent to capture the Igazra you desire just before the mission that grants the outfit is offered. However, I believe there are other time-sensitive missions after that point in the string, so your efforts could very well be for moot.

As for the Marine Gear, I believe it raises your Crew Value by 500, and weighs absolutely nothing. It certainly is handy though.

I'm on guy's port for Override (I've found this far more enjoyable then the original version) I think he said somewhere that he has fixed the port so mission given outfits like the cloak wouldn't dissapear, but he didn't mention things like the generator or marine gear thingy....

@callide, on Jan 23 2008, 02:44 AM, said in Shield generator and other mission given outfits:

But don't toss that pilot file. Save it before you get a new ship, you just might want to go back to it. 🙂

I won't since I had a 2% chance of taking over it and it has the best shields in the game....
but if I do decide to get it back i've unlocked the UE Cruiser which gives me around 50-65% chance of taking the Izrigadzi over so that won't be a problem....

Oh and thank you for the responses! 🙂

should I PM Guy and ask him directly?

you could PM Guy or you could duplicate the pilot and see if it works and if it doesnt work you still have the same pilot that you havent screwd up

@undead_shadow, on Jan 22 2008, 05:09 AM, said in Shield generator and other mission given outfits:

azgadzri (<-- apologies for spelling?)

@undead_shadow, on Jan 23 2008, 02:08 AM, said in Shield generator and other mission given outfits:

Izrigadzi

The second made me giggle. 🙂

Igadzra
Azdgari
Zidagar

Note, each name contains the same letters.

should I PM Guy and ask him directly?

If you don't get your questions answered in a reasonable amount of time, sure.

I'm here! He did PM me but without access to the data at the time the answer I gave him was incorrect :rolleyes:
First of all the only thing 'fixed' in the port is an issue present in the official port which caused all mission given outfits to be lost, even without changing ships. The behaviour of the original game is unchanged.

The following are the only outfits that are kept when you change ships:
Plasma Siphon
Nebula Penetration Device
UE Marine Gear

The remaining mission given outfits are not kept when you change ships:
UE Cloaking Device
Exp. Shield Generator (sad, I always thought this was kept)
Systems Upgrade

@guy, on Jan 29 2008, 05:28 PM, said in Shield generator and other mission given outfits:

I'm here! He did PM me but without access to the data at the time the answer I gave him was incorrect :rolleyes:
First of all the only thing 'fixed' in the port is an issue present in the official port which caused all mission given outfits to be lost, even without changing ships. The behaviour of the original game is unchanged.

The following are the only outfits that are kept when you change ships:
Plasma Siphon
Nebula Penetration Device
UE Marine Gear

The remaining mission given outfits are not kept when you change ships:
UE Cloaking Device
Exp. Shield Generator (sad, I always thought this was kept)
Systems Upgrade

I've still got the cloak even though i've switched ships countless times.... i am using your add ons though (plus cold fusion but that only affects graphics)

Whats the nebula penetration device (I know it's a mission set thingy)?

@undead_shadow, on Feb 1 2008, 10:06 AM, said in Shield generator and other mission given outfits:

I've still got the cloak even though i've switched ships countless times.... i am using your add ons though (plus cold fusion but that only affects graphics)

Whats the nebula penetration device (I know it's a mission set thingy)?

Its a Miranu invention (well, actually its an Igadzra invention--an Igazra's sensor array--but its on-loan to the Miranu, who monkeyed around with it). I greatly reduces the amount of interference you get, and sets the proper visibility bits for finding systems deep in nebulae.

You also need it to complete one of the three main objectives of Override.

The missions for that thread begin at... Station Pybin, IIRC? Just make sure you have a fuel scoop or two. You'll need them.

This post has been edited by Callide : 01 February 2008 - 03:08 PM

@undead_shadow, on Feb 1 2008, 11:06 PM, said in Shield generator and other mission given outfits:

I've still got the cloak even though i've switched ships countless times.... i am using your add ons though

Indeed, one of my plugs does allow you to keep the cloak. Maybe I should make it let you keep the generator too 😄

This post has been edited by Guy : 01 February 2008 - 06:17 PM

@guy, on Feb 1 2008, 06:10 PM, said in Shield generator and other mission given outfits:

Indeed, one of my plugs does allow you to keep the cloak. Maybe I should make it let you keep the generator too 😄

yes please....

Also I've done the azgadri line and when I get given the experimental generator it dissappeared after I reloaded the pilot file 😞
So now I can't kill Izgadra cruisers in my Rengade Cruiser 😞

Can someone make a plug to get that back because it does say I can keep it....