My UE Cloaking Device must be Cloaking from Me!

HELP PLEASE!

I'm on the mission were you have to investigate the Voinam Dreadnaut, I have the cloacking device did not buy another ship and went to Station Alpha, Bekka. I landed on the station, I died when I lifted off. Now When I load my game it says that the game has data from a plug in :blink: and I lost my cloaking device 😞 . Anybody got answers. Or am I just in the pits and have to start over? I have Port Authourity if that helps.

@it-000, on Nov 24 2007, 04:50 PM, said in My UE Cloaking Device must be Cloaking from Me!:

I have Port Authourity if that helps.

Nope, that most certainly does not help 😛
Grab this one 🙂

Thanks, but I still need that cloaking device back.

Ah, well I'm afraid you can't do anything about that now without making a plug. If you start a new pilot it'll all go fine though.

@it-000, on Nov 23 2007, 07:50 PM, said in My UE Cloaking Device must be Cloaking from Me!:

Voinam Dreadnaut,

Oh my. :laugh: That's almost as good as Voinionion

Sorry. 🙂

@it-000, on Nov 23 2007, 10:50 PM, said in My UE Cloaking Device must be Cloaking from Me!:

I'm on the mission were you have to investigate the Voinam Dreadnaut, I have the cloacking device did not buy another ship and went to Station Alpha, Bekka. I landed on the station, I died when I lifted off. Now When I load my game it says that the game has data from a plug in :blink: and I lost my cloaking device 😞 . Anybody got answers. Or am I just in the pits and have to start over? I have Port Authourity if that helps.

To clarify: You most likely hit a known bug that makes cloak outfits vanish in the "official" port of EV to EVN when you visit outfitters. The best answer is to switch to Guy's unofficial port, which fixes this and many other glitches. That might cause problems with your current pilot file (would it, Guy?), though, and won't get you your cloak back. If you want to keep playing with an old pilot file (say, a saved pre-disaster version of your current one), install the plugs on my web page (link in sig). This also won't make the cloak magically reappear on your current pilot file, though!

You know, this comes up regularly, and anyone who complains has, by definition, earned a cloak... so watch this post for an edit.

EDIT: OK, here you go. This plug should let qualified pilots pick up (and keep!) one cloak "at better UE outfitters."
Attached File zFree_EVO_Cloak.zip (532bytes)
Number of downloads: 6
This is untested, but should work alone (not recommended!) or with my fix plugs. If anyone uses it, let me know how it goes.

@callide, on Nov 28 2007, 03:19 AM, said in My UE Cloaking Device must be Cloaking from Me!:

Voinionion

:laugh: Picture? 😉

This post has been edited by Dr. Trowel : 28 November 2007 - 11:54 AM

@dr--trowel, on Nov 29 2007, 05:02 AM, said in My UE Cloaking Device must be Cloaking from Me!:

That might cause problems with your current pilot file (would it, Guy?)

Nah, I don't think so.