bugs with Guy's new port (1.02b3)

Ok a few things I have noticed in game... (new pilot file)

The UE ships randomly attack ships (mainly scouthships) in the southern areas (Ariane)

UE destroyers appear as Leviathins(31d), have a similar turning speed, and have no weapons at all.

it might be plug-in problems, but all I have installed is Coldfusion(all), the shipyard, and Extreme Huge Explosion plug.

There shouldn't be any references to Leviathans in the game at all. Did you put the EVO data into the Plug-Ins folder, or did you replace the EV Nova Data folder? You're supposed to do the latter.

I replaced (after saving) the Nova Files folder. Everything works and looks fine in the game, except for UE randomly attacking Scoutships (especially in the southern UE systems) and the destroyers having absolutely no weapons and being incredibly slow and being called Leviathan 31d's

I'll try to get some screenshots later...

@lt-_anonymous, on May 10 2007, 10:32 PM, said in bugs with Guy's new port (1.02b3):

destroyers having absolutely no weapons and being incredibly slow and being called Leviathan 31d's

Sounds like you may still have one or more Nova plugs in your "Nova Plug-ins" folder. I bet the "Extreme Huge Explosion plug" is your problem. The shipyard might be an issue, too, though there is a version specifically for the EVO port -- I don't remember whether it's been updated to work with Guy's port, and it's conceivable that that's necessary.

The first thing you should do when you encounter a bug is to take out all plug-ins and see if it still occurs. Never blame the data files when there are plug-ins installed which would more likely be causing the problem. As Dr. Trowel bet, Extreme Huge Explosions is NOT compatible with the EVO port and will definitely cause problems.

Slouch also released a Shipyard specifically for this port so make sure you have that one rather than the one designed for the original EVO port.

This post has been edited by Guy : 11 May 2007 - 02:48 AM

my mistake and apologies. I removed all the plug-ins and it worked... I coulda sworn I did so before, but apparently not. anyways that version of shipyard works, so it's all fine now. I must've accidentally dumped the big explosions in this folder, as I try not to modify the contents of this folder when using regular nova...

This post has been edited by Lt._Anonymous : 11 May 2007 - 07:52 PM