What do you like to fly out of human space?

Just curious

Poll: Which ship do you prefer to use the first time a new pilot leaves human space? (19 member(s) have cast votes)
Which ship do you prefer to use the first time a new pilot leaves human space?
Shuttle — I get out of human space as soon as possible.
(2 votes [10.53%])
Percentage of vote: 10.53%
Cargo Transporter
(1 votes [5.26%])
Percentage of vote: 5.26%
Freighter
(0 votes [0.00%])
Percentage of vote: 0.00%
Scoutship — I think it's perfect for long-distance travel.
(10 votes [52.63%])
Percentage of vote: 52.63%
Freight-Courier
(1 votes [5.26%])
Percentage of vote: 5.26%
Krait
(0 votes [0.00%])
Helian
(3 votes [15.79%])
Percentage of vote: 15.79%
Turncoat
(0 votes [0.00%])
UE Fighter — I defect from the Navy.
(0 votes [0.00%])
UE Destroyer
(0 votes [0.00%])
UE Carrier
(0 votes [0.00%])
UE Cruiser — I stick around for a long time.
(0 votes [0.00%])
Something Voinian — I capture a ship with good armor before leaving.
(0 votes [0.00%])
Other — I find a ship from the Crescent flying around human space and capture it.
(2 votes [10.53%])
Percentage of vote: 10.53%

I generally go to Meria and capture a Merchant Arada first, although my most recent pilot left immediately in his shuttle. What do you do?

This post has been edited by Qaanol : 06 September 2005 - 02:19 PM

Freight-courier + Dospect + 3 neutron turrets = invincible in the Crescent. Excellent vs. Lazira and Crescent Warship. Even more so when you upgrade the engines/sensors/add ECMs.

Or get an Emalgha Freighter (fine, that's outside of human space, but this is still before you hit the Crescent) and put four neutron turrets on it. Now that is a fearsome piece of cheap hardware once you put four real turrets on it, and the armor is none too bad for flying around the Crescent.

"What do you like to fly out of human space?"

The Apple Cřre, on Sep 6 2005, 05:36 PM, said:

Freight-courier + Dospect + 3 neutron turrets = invincible in the Crescent. Excellent vs. Lazira and Crescent Warship. Even more so when you upgrade the engines/sensors/add ECMs.

Or get an Emalgha Freighter (fine, that's outside of human space, but this is still before you hit the Crescent) and put four neutron turrets on it. Now that is a fearsome piece of cheap hardware once you put four real turrets on it, and the armor is none too bad for flying around the Crescent.

"What do you like to fly out of human space?"
View Post

I've never had that much luck with capturing ships, and tend to make a point of not attacking traders anyway ... identify with them somehow :). With that in mind, I used to like heading out to Miranu space in a Scoutship and buying a Miranu Courier while doing the Diplomatic Relations mission. Another alternative that I liked was to save up for a Freight-Courier before leaving UE space. That ship just rocks for the price!

I fly a shuttle out of human space, head north and try capture a renegade Arada. If I can't capture one, I just disable and loot enough ships to buy one.

I sometimes go to renegade territory and capture a Helian before flying out. Not that it's a great ship, but it works.

Where's my disco bison?

🆒

Shuttle, Scoutship, Azdara, ---> End game Posted Image

Hamster2, on Sep 6 2005, 09:49 PM, said:

Where's my disco bison?

🆒
View Post

Heheheh. I thought of that as I made the poll and deliberately didn't include any Emalgha ships as options, just to see if anyone would notice. Congratulations, you win 12 Q-points! 🆒

Qaanol, on Sep 8 2005, 01:25 AM, said:

Heheheh. I thought of that as I made the poll and deliberately didn't include any Emalgha ships as options, just to see if anyone would notice. Congratulations, you win 12 Q-points! 🆒
View Post

Hot damn! :laugh: