The Albatross

Larra smiles at DZ, still watching the fight out of the corner of her eye. “Nothing for now, thanks.”

==============

Leaving a long trail of pudding graffiti behind him, Demon finally quits when he runs out of chocolate. “No use making a mess without something chocolate in it,” he complains aloud before taking himself on a self guided tour of the station.

After visiting several shops, the shapeshifter “acquires” many randomly chosen objects, including a beach pail and shovel, a roll of ugly pink and green carpet, a big bag of puffed wheat, blank CD’s, a pen that writes in yellow ink, and a plastic “pooper scooper”.

Wondering what to do with it all, Demon finally decides to take it all back the bar with him. No sooner has he reached it and dumped his stuff on an empty table, when DZ suddenly gasps and jumps around in a funny jig, attempting to remove several ice cubes from the back of his shirt.

Grinning innocently, Demon reverently puts the beach pail back on the table. A new bartender, so the scores had to be reset back to zero. Demon one, bartender zip.

------------------
If all the world's a stage, why'd I get the part of the psycho?

Once DZ gets the ice out of his shirt, he glares around the bar in an attempt to find the culprit.

Seeing the smug grin on Demon's face, DZ immediately knows who it was.

DZ smiles.

Reaching under the bar, he retrieves a small cattle prod.

Grinning evilly now, he pulls out a roll of duct tape.

Grabbing the unused cleaning bot, he flips it over and begins messing with it's AI.

Finished, he tapes the cattle prod to the bot and switches both on.

The bot zips over and delivers a small shock to Demon's rear, then zips back behind the bar.

Ten minutes later, just when Demon feels safe, the bot strikes again.

Demon: 1
Bartender: 1

------------------
Proud member of
[The Fifth Column](http://<br />
thefifthcolumn.blogspot.co<br />
m).

Page once again faced off with his opponent. He let the boy have some fun, but he didn’t want the spectators to think he was a pushover.
Page blocked a few more attacks, and then began to move to offence again, his more effective side. He didn’t feel like hurting Darkness so he just kept it simple.
To his suprise after his fifth swing the sword flew out of his hand.
It flew up into the air spinning; it stopped a few inches before it left the ground. The smile on the boy’s face faded when he saw the sword floating there held by Page’s weaves.
"Hey DZ," Page called out, "The weapon has to hit the ground right?"
"Um... yeah... I guess so?" DZ said in confusion. He'd never seen anyone make something float with their mere will. There was more to Page than met the eye.
Darkness lowered his sword.
"You gonna Pick that up? Or is it just gonna sit there."
Page grinned.
"I’m done with that one A green bolt shot out from his left hand and in its place was a beautiful black bladed sword. The hilt almost glowed a translucent green, and the two leather straps that hung off the handle were tipped with green and black beads.
Once the new sword appeared Page clutched his left arm and gasped in Pain.
Ta-Vora cocked is head to the side.
That sword seems to hurt him? Interesting...
"Okay kid try me now," Page said through clenched teeth, "Don’t be afraid to go for the organs, give it all you got."
The boy looked at Page skeptically, but the serious tone in Pages voice was enough to assure him the weave user would be okay.
Darkness charged, this time not holding back at all. His blade however cleaved through the thin air where Page had been standing a half second ago. He felt a tap on his shoulder, so he spun around blade first, but Page wasn’t there either.
"What’s wrong?" Page said from his original location.
Darkness began to get slightly angry.
"Don’t taunt me, fight me fair and square.
"Believe me kid, you don’t want me to do that.."
"I won’t hold back unless you won’t hold back!"
Page closed his open eye. His first sword flew into his hand from its floating location and the other disappeared with a bolt of green lightning.
Page drew a circle around himself with Antaries and a series of runes appeared on the floor. The color faded from his form completely, and there was no more then a sillouhette standing where he stood before.
"If this is the way you wanted it.."
Pages weaves were upon the boy in seconds, They bound his arms and legs and a sharp pain rushed through his body.
Darkness dropped his sword at Pages mental command and immediately felt as if floating.
Page’s color returned, and he sheathed his blade in the burlap roll.
"I told you, you didn’t want me to go crazy.."
The boy looked down, almost embarrassed at the fact that he was being watched by many a patron.
"Hey! Cat man!" Page called over to Ta-vora. "What’s the deal?"

------------------
Valence, Always aiming for the stars...
Then realizing he should have shot the bodyguards first...

Tired from his match with Page, Darkness wandered over to the bar.

"What can I get you?" asked DZ.

"Water with lemon." replied Darkness.

DZ looked at him quizzically. "Water with lemon? Ri-ight..."

"Just kidding," Darkness says, in reply to DZ's rather perplexed look. "I'll have some Azdgari Bilo Ale, if you've got it."

"That stuff's illegal. Hard to get this deep in UE space. Look me up in a month or two and I might be able to get you some..."

"Hmm. I guess I'll settle for plain old UE Beer, then."

DZ slides a bottle down the bar, just for effect. "There you go."

OOC: If it's ok with everyone, I'd like to be the one to start the new bar. I've got some ideas, but I'd kind of like to spring it. If that's a problem, just say so.

------------------
Proud member of
m).

Larra laughs and Ta-vora cringes at his new nickname, which Demon probably will insist on calling him for the next few days. The shapeshifter, hiding from a certain cleaning bot, grins evilly from his hiding spot.

"We have the mech!" Larra tells Page cheerfully. "One problem though...it's in pieces."

At this, Demon bounds out of his hiding place to stand behind the Vell-os, bellowing "Censored" as loud as he can to block out Page's response. Page aims a kick at the wolf, who bounces out of the way, still yelling. DZ takes this opportunity to send his cleaning bot after Demon again, zapping the wolf for the third time. With a yelp he runs from the bar, followed by the cattle prod wielding bot.

Demon finally loses the bot by jumping into a ventilation shaft, and makes his way to the docking bay, where the sleek black Kamikaze is parked. Typing in the access code, he enters the ship and makes his way to the trick floor tile, under which his own spot in the ship (referred to as Demon's Lair) is located.

Digging in a large pile of junk on the floor, the shapeshifter finally comes up with a bottle of clear liquid and a paint brush. Grinning, he makes his way back to the bar.

Hiding under a table, Demon watches while DZ casually cleans several glasses, preparing them for use. Darkness' arrival at the bar causes him to leave momentarily, and Demon seizes the opportunity happily. Sneaking forward, he paints some of the contents of the bottle on the half-clean glass, and races back to his hiding place.

Once Darkness has his beer, DZ returns to cleaning the glass. He picks it up with one hand, the other wielding a dish cloth. A new patron approaches the bar, and with a smile, DZ puts down the cloth before it touches the glass. His smile vanishes, however, when he tries to put the glass down.

Under a table, Demon giggles and looks fondly at his bottle of glue. Works every time.
Demon two, bartender one.

Cheerfully he gives the bottle to Larra for safe keeping, then looks over at Ta-vora.

"Hi Cat man!"

------------------

(This message has been edited by Synesthesia (edited 04-25-2004).)

Darkness sighed, and his bright red and pink eyes glared at Demon. Looking back to DZ, he shook his head and melted the glue by pouring beer on it. "Atleast it does something... Y'know, I think I will have that tapwater with lemon. " He smiled. Hopefully Demon was pissing himself of fear...but...stepping over to Demon, he showed him his right forearm. It was demonic-looking, hellish and raven-black with red streaks on it. Grinning, Darkness's eyes stared into Demon's. That's why he was named Darkness. Turning and putting his demonic arm back to regular, he stepped back to the bar, accepting his tapwater and drinking it lightly, enjoying the edge of lemon.

------------------

| Phantasmaegoria |<<
-=___________________=-

The next time, Demon says Cat man again, his eyes suddenly widen as he feels himself lifted up on his tail, which seems to be surrounded by moving air, just as if it would be very hot. Yelping and kicking, the shapeshifter floats through the room and comes to a stop directly in front of the robot, which immediately shocks him again a few times. Demon than drops, looks around in horror and runs out of the bar again. Ta-vora watches the entire scene as anyone else does, although he only pretends to be confused.
“What was that?” Larra asks.
“It seems Demon and DZ aren't the only people in here doing tricks.” Ta-vora answers, “I hope he's not too scared now.”
“He'll come around. And the person who did this should pray that Demon will never find out who it is.”
Page approaches the table and sits down.
“So you say the ship is destroyed?”
Ta-vora shakes his head.
“It is broken into three pieces, but not destroyed. The ship's systems still reacted to the emissions of the regeneration matrixes aboard my ship. So they still seem to function. Pretty impressive, as it looks like the ship has gone through a lot. The hull looks terrible, but the systems seem almost undamaged. All we need is someone who can put the three parts together again. I bet we even could use the parts as they are now, we would just need to connect them. We would have done that already, but the plans you gave us are too general and we didn't want to mess with things we don't fully understand. After all, we don't know what this thing is capable off.”

OOC: As mentioned before, Ta-vora too has psionic abilities. He is far from reaching Page's level and only rarely uses them, however, but with enough focus and concentration, he is able to shatter objects by imitating the energy impulse of an intervall cannon and do other simple things like telepathy, telekinesis and television. He is also able to “disguise”, although he can only do that for a limited amount of time, depending on the complexity of the virtual image. He needs his matrix, though, as it enforces his energies. When Ta-vora uses telekinesis, the energies usually become visible like swirling air that ascends from a hot spot.

------------------
The lie is a truth, too. The truth of the one who believes it.

Larra smiles as she watches Page and Ta-vora talk, though her thoughts are searching the station for her friend.

Demon is quite easy to find, as their unique mental link allows Larra to hone in on the non-telepthatic with ease. The second she taps into Demon's mind, he knows, and thinks what he wants to say.

_What happened? Who did it? What is that Darkness guy?

Easy, Demon_ Larra responded, deciding to help the shapeshifter out despite him getting what he deserved. _Someone's playing telepathic tricks. By process of elimination and intuition I'd guess that last one was Ta-vora. Darkness, I don't know, but are you really still that scared of demons? I mean, you spent a few hours in the Netherworlds...

Don't remind me!_ Demon yelped inside his own head. _That was the most terrifying experience of my life!

Exaggerating....

I wish. We'll at least now I know who to watch for...and where to get revenge..._

With a flip of his tail, the wolf runs off to another point on the station, laughing maniacally.

Larra returned to focusing on the conversation, in which she hadn't missed a word, despite her distraction.

"Let's go look at Orion, " she offered, "I've only seen one piece myself, and Page hasn't seen it yet. We need to get it running so we can find Ki-jara."

------------------

Pretty telepathic tricks from all of them. Can you isolate the origin from patterning? Techniques and materials tend to parallel two. I'd expected as much, the division, the chaos, and the Vellos. THe more advanced of the two close parallels, and the easier one to travel to and from. Do you think they'd mind a non-telepathic trick. Are you sure you want to get yourself killed? Oh come on, JJ, if you just tap into 128 and I'll have enough power to easily escape. I can deal with a sun, but next time you make me tap directly into a big bang you'll see what happens. Empty threats, use reserve power unless the situation gets harry, and prepare to give me a direct Veed link to the shapeshifter. He and I should probably chat, either that or directly to his friend, but I'm not sure she'd welcome a direct "telepathic" communication from an unknown source.

Matt stretched back slightly then returned to his drink completely unnoticed, which isn't surprising considering the oddity of the "people" in the bar around him. Seconds later a small chill spread throughout the bar and everything that wasn't bolted down lifted up, everything that was bolted down as well. A thin green translucent panel continued to raise everything up until the taller people began ducking to avoid the ceiling and the panel sunk. The floor met with the panel and everything settled back into place, the bar and everything else that had been damaged while being ripped from the floor mended itself, and Matt fainted.

------------------
Life, Death. What's the difference?

Cough...Cough...Cough..Albatross sucks-Cough...Cough...Cough...

------------------
...and phantompenguin is one of them.
(url="http://"http://www.freewebs.com/ericspad/")Eric's Pad(/url) My Site is awesome! Come check it out.
No car, no license, no cash, no life. Coincidence?

DZ cooly pulls out a huge shotgun and sprays emainiac's brain all over the wall.

------------------
Proud member of
m).

Well, you don't need to post here. Go back to wherever you came from and stay there.

------------------

Wow.. what a moron.
LOL ROFL I'M SO ROXXOR I TEH POSTED ON TEH ALBATROS AND I SAID IT SUX LOLOLOLOL!!!!OMG!1!ROFL!!!!!!111one1!!!!!1!!!!!
Go crawl under the rock you came from and die...

I have way to much fun telling dumbasses off...

------------------
Valence, Always aiming for the stars...
Then realizing he should have shot the bodyguards first...

Originally posted by TheGreenFile:
**DZ cooly pulls out a huge shotgun and sprays emainiac's brain all over the wall.

Now THAT is Boozerama Bar materiel. If you guys were more like this guy, the bar would be so much better.

------------------
...and phantompenguin is one of them.
(url="http://"http://www.freewebs.com/ericspad/")Eric's Pad(/url) My Site is awesome! Come check it out.
No car, no license, no cash, no life. Coincidence?

DZ tries to figure out how the crap emainiac is still talking, when most of his head is liquid and all over the wall.

------------------
Proud member of
m).

Originally posted by Valence:
I have way to much fun telling dumbasses off...

Everyone needs a hobby.... 😛

But really, emainiac, take your idiocy somewhere else where others with IQ like yours just might appreciate it...

==========
"Well that was weird," Larra muttered as the floor settled back in place. Shrugging it off, she looked over at Ta-vora and Page. "So are we going to look at the mech? Or am I going to get an opponent in DZ's little tournament? Whatever it is, let's just do something!"

OOC: Well, not much to say here, but since everyone else is posting info on their type of telepathy, I guess I may as well fill you in here. Larra is NOT a weave user, but a shae telepath. Her power is more subtle, and very difficult to sense unless you are looking for it. Weave users usually have to be taught to do this, as they are used to looking for weaves. If Paranoid intended Matt's computer to have picked up Larra and Demon's communication, it wouldn't happen unless she used a large amount of shae to do it, and talking takes practically nothing. On the flip side, you know she's on the rampage when the air becomes thick and difficult to breathe....

------------------

“Well, a little diversion wouldn't be too bad.” Ta-vora says, “A fight against you may be a good training.”

OOC: Larra, I don't know what kind of sword you have (and if you have one), so I'll leave the start to you. (url="http://"http://homepage.mac.com/starlight_dev/.Pictures/crescent_sword.jpg")This(/url) is Ta-vora's Crescent Sword, he found it drifting in space. The blade is made out of tyrium, an extremely durable semi-crystaline metal. He can make it vibrate, so it cuts through even the hardest materials like a warm knive through butter.

------------------

OOC: Is two story threads going to be a problem? The next bar is likely to be more story-oriented, as this one is, just looser. I've already got some ideas for the next bar thread's story, but I don't want to waste time if I'm going to be shot down for making too many story threads... Anyway, anyone who wants to hear the ideas Phant and I have come up with, just email or IM me.

IM: thegreenfile
E-Mail: thegreenfile@gmail.com

PS: I'm not sure what the normal rigamarole is for making a bar thread... Do I have to ask a mod or something, or do I just post the description and hope nobody gets upset?

------------------
Proud member of
m).

"Yay!" Happily, Larra almost bounced over to the onofficial ring that had been cleared in the middle of the bar. Ta-vora rose and followed, drawing his Crescent Sword in the process.

"Nice sword!" Larra called as she waited, unarmed.

"Do you have one?" the catlike alien asked, slightly confused about her lack of weaponry.

"Yup," Larra responded, still cheerful. "I just learned a new trick." Holding out her right hand, she positioned it as if she was holding a somthing cylindrical, like the hilt of a sword. Turning her hand slightly, she moved her fingers as if she was about to flip the imaginary blade in a circle.

As the pretend sword rotated, a mirror-like metal began to appear. When the circle was finished, Larra was holding a long, slightly curved sword. Every light in the bar seemed to reflect off the blade, which was almost as long as any regular sword. There was one problem.

"Nice, " Page remarked from the sidelines, "but how are you gonna hold it?"

Larra frowned at the hiltless blade hovering above her hand. "This is a new trick, remember? I'm workin' on it!"

She flipped the sword again, this time the hilt appearing as well. Grinning, she repeated the process with her left hand. Again, the hilt only appeared the second time.

"Ready, Ta-vora?" she called, sliding naturally in a battle stance.

OOC: I don't have much time right now, so I'll leave the rest to you, Ta-vora. Larra's fighting style is very fast and agressive, and she'll use her extra sword against you every chance she gets. Never relying on strength, she likes to use the power behind her opponents blows to send them off balance by making them miss altogether.

------------------

DZ disappears from the bar for a few minutes, heading off to his ship. When he returns, he's holding an elegant sword. Drawn from the unobtrusive black sheath, the thin blade is engraved with numerous designs, and the silver hilt and handgaurd seem to be the same peice of metal as the blade itself.

"I'm not really a swordsman or anything, but I've learned a few parlor tricks and such here and there. I'd be glad to demonstrate."

Without waiting for an answer, he grabs three bottles from the bar, and places them on a vacant table, forming a precise arrangement of half-full bottles. On the mouths of the two tallest bottles, he delicately balances the sheath of the sword.

"Watch carefully."

Reaching in his pocket and pulling out a small coin, he flips it into the air. The sword flashes, and one half of the coin falls to the ground, the other balanced on the tip of the sword. The sword flashes again, and the tallest bottle in the row explodes, and the other tall bottle is cut to exactly the same size as the remaining intact bottle. The sword seemingly has buried itself in the far wall of the bar, quivering.

"Obviously, none of that would be of any use against any kind of opponent, but I have an addiction to pointless things that require great dexterity..."

With that, DZ retrieves his sword from the wall, inserts it back into the sheath, and stows it behind the bar before sitting down to watch the next match.

------------------
Proud member of
m).