sugestions re:plug-ins

Originally posted by Bomb:
**With game speed all the way up at 225%, I've never had any problems in normal play. It's only when it comes to large scale battles that it begins to lag badly.

_bomb

Ah, actually I tried already, but couldnt delete it from the edit because my little sister wanted to play the computer. It turns out it doesnt launch EVO instantly (like my Mac does) but quite fast still. And it really was fast with 225% speed. Only minimal delays. So I guess I dont need these plugs (I also take your answer for that).I wonder if it lags when I put your plug in. How much memory does it need? I have allocated 200 MB or RAM to the emulator as per WarBeats instructions. One question left. Why does WarBeast say to select Mac IIfx as your machine type if he providing a Quadra 650 ROM? Do I need the OS 8.1 update to change the machine type to Quadra 650? If its that, where can I get it? When this is answered, I can start betatesting again.

------------------
I am eager to try to ansver mission questions

**It isn't. And kauthor knows as much as you do about it. Nothing.

The only reason I mentioned it was because it explained my need for more space on my emulator hard drive.

_bomb

Yea, the project thing was confusing when I asked about emulators. We dont lnow anything, thats true. Is the reason for secrecy you dont want to show unfinished work, or what? Format a new volume using HFV Explorer, make it 500 MB like you suggested me.

------------------

You can go ahead and change the ROM type to Quadra 650 now, but the only real reason you would want to is to install OS 8. Otherwise, I don't see a difference between the ROM types, but perhaps the IIfx will run marginally faster, or more compatable. The Quadra 650 ROM selection in the GUI does work fine for me though, and I use a Pentium 4 1.5 Ghz. Hope that helps.

------------------

Oh, almost forgot, you'll have to buy a OS 8.0 cd-rom and download the 8.1 update if you want OS 8, but I find the freeware OS 7.5.5 works just fine.

(This message has been edited by Lizard Blade (edited 04-07-2003).)

Originally posted by General Cade Smart:
**Yea, the project thing was confusing when I asked about emulators. We dont lnow anything, thats true. Is the reason for secrecy you dont want to show unfinished work, or what? Format a new volume using HFV Explorer, make it 500 MB like you suggested me.

It's so it isn't overhyped. You'll know about it when it comes out, but never before then.

All I can say is, it'll absolutely blow any other EVN plug-in ~clear~ out of the water.

_bomb

------------------
I think that you don't see many love stories in EV simply because the engine isn't quite geared towards that. What are you going to do, keep meeting your significant other in a bar (or, with Nova, the Outfitter, Shipyard, or Trade Center) and have questions like "Will you go out on a date with me?" | Yes/No | "Great, pick me up on <DST> in a month and we'll have dinner."?
-EVula

Originally posted by Lizard Blade:
**You can go ahead and change the ROM type to Quadra 650 now, but the only real reason you would want to is to install OS 8. Otherwise, I don't see a difference between the ROM types, but perhaps the IIfx will run marginally faster, or more compatable. The Quadra 650 ROM selection in the GUI does work fine for me though, and I use a Pentium 4 1.5 Ghz. Hope that helps.

Heh heh, probably I will install OS 8 if I get greedy enough and want to run Nova and not wait for the Windows version. I need a link to 8.1 update to make Nova work though. I use a Celeron 1.7 Ghz... is that much slower than a Pentium 4?

------------------

Help, Bomb! I tried to expand the beta 4 I got as attachement. It says something about needing DropStuff for Expander Enchancer. The website said its not longer avaible as separate product, but only as part of StuffIt Standard Edition. Which costs $ 50 and reguires PowerPC. I could install StuffIt Expander 7.01, but it reguires PowerPC again. I even tried StuffIt Standard for Windows 8.0. It says the archive doesnt exist if you try to drag and drop, and nothing happens if you open from File menu. If you double click... "Unknown archive format. Engine error: Unknown Error 3" Unless you can send the two data file uncompressed by E-Mail, looks like I cant test since you have given such a tight timeline. Next time I can use my Mac is after 9 days.

------------------

:mutters. I will talk to Bomb about the timeline. I agree that it is tight, but he want to finish F-25 V2.1 so that he can go into his EVN TC full-steam. I will check about extending the timeline.

------------------

Originally posted by kauthor:
**:mutters. I will talk to Bomb about the timeline. I agree that it is tight, but he want to finish F-25 V2.1 so that he can go into his EVN TC full-steam. I will check about extending the timeline.

Thanks! It is indeed tight. I see... himself he only said that its because it has been in testing a month already. I found that Aladdin Systems have their own forums. If Bomb doesnt give a solution tomorrow, I will go there and explain my problem (in detail, since they dont know a squat about Ambrosia).

------------------

**Thanks! It is indeed tight. I see... himself he only said that its because it has been in testing a month already. I found that Aladdin Systems have their own forums. If Bomb doesnt give a solution tomorrow, I will go there and explain my problem (in detail, since they dont know a squat about Ambrosia).

Try looking for an old little app called "Compact Pro." It'll work in Basilisk for 7.6.1.

And no, the beta deadline will not be extended. I want to be done with it as soon as humanly possible.

_bomb

------------------
I think that you don't see many love stories in EV simply because the engine isn't quite geared towards that. What are you going to do, keep meeting your significant other in a bar (or, with Nova, the Outfitter, Shipyard, or Trade Center) and have questions like "Will you go out on a date with me?" | Yes/No | "Great, pick me up on <DST> in a month and we'll have dinner."?
-EVula

**Try looking for an old little app called "Compact Pro." It'll work in Basilisk for 7.6.1.

And no, the beta deadline will not be extended. I want to be done with it as soon as humanly possible.

_bomb

Have got a link? Oh, and the Basilisk I got from WarBeast has only 7.5.5. How do I upgrade to 7.6.1? Aye then, sir. I guess kauthor was right when he said you want to work the EVN project... also, you ansvered me.

------------------

System 7.5.5 is the highest you can download for free, you'd have to hunt down a cd for OS 7.6 through 8.1, and anything higher would be pretty pointless because Basilisk can't run it.

------------------

Oh, and you might want to try (url="http://"http://mes.emuunlim.com")http://mes.emuunlim.com(/url) for dropstuff, I think theres a shareware download of it there. I use it myself, I think thats where I got it...

(This message has been edited by Lizard Blade (edited 04-09-2003).)

**Have got a link? Oh, and the Basilisk I got from WarBeast has only 7.5.5. How do I upgrade to 7.6.1? Aye then, sir. I guess kauthor was right when he said you want to work the EVN project... also, you ansvered me.

Lizard Blade is correct. I misspoke- I also have 7.5.5. Try running a search.com search.

_bomb

Edit: Cade, I've thought about it, and if you get your Emulator up and running, I will extend the beta another week so you both can finish it off. As much as I want to be done with F-25 2.0.1, I'd also like to see it done in the best manner possible. The people playing it deserve that much.

------------------
-EVula

(This message has been edited by Bomb (edited 04-09-2003).)

Relocate to Wayland Station- CS-01 is Red so logically the Querin attacks me and no text comes up when I land. More later.

------------------

(url="http://"http://mes.emuunlim.com/quick/index.htm")http://mes.emuunlim....quick/index.htm(/url)
There's a download for the shareware version of Dropstuff there, just like I thought.

------------------

**Lizard Blade is correct. I misspoke- I also have 7.5.5. Try running a search.com search.

_bomb

Edit: Cade, I've thought about it, and if you get your Emulator up and running, I will extend the beta another week so you both can finish it off. As much as I want to be done with F-25 2.0.1, I'd also like to see it done in the best manner possible. The people playing it deserve that much.

Oh. Thats great,I can run it without switching OS. As old as 7.6 is, I can imagine it being VERY difficult to grab a CD with it. Thank you!!! 😄 As you have seen in past days, I have tried my hardest in past days, only problem being facing this obstacle. Yes, I thought too that all bugs should be fixed. They do indeed reserve a bugless plug after years. I get conflicting suggestions from you and Lizard though. I guess I run a search.com search, and if nothing winds up, ill just grab DropStuff which I found already from Lizards link.

Edit- Yay. I found CompactPro 1.52. Hope it doesnt matter the archive has a picture with numbers 1.51 on it. It says it doesnt recognize the format or is damaged. Why oh why why must I be so unlucky? What do I do now? Hunt version 1.51 of CompactPro? No, 1.51 didnt work either. Do you need to resend the file in mail?
------------------

(This message has been edited by General Cade Smart (edited 04-10-2003).)

All right, I give up. If you want me to test for bugs Bomb, you must extend the beta time by 10 days so I can access my Mac. The DropStuff Installer wants to install to install on Starter Disk, but says theres not enough space. 620000 bytes needed. I drop over 700 K from System Folder to Desktop. The disk window doesnt update saying that it has more space now. Now it says it needs 1,2 MB. Worst of all, It wont let select any other disk. Even if I select Mac HD it errors about Starter Disk. I think I will start to cry. Emulation is evil. What do I do now? Delete the Starter Disk and create it again?

Edit- it asked for precisely 1,150000 bytes. I cleared 1.3 MB by moving files to desktop from System Folder. It is a bug in Basilisk- it simply wont update free space.

Edit again- it wants 2.7 MB free. Should I try to make 3 MB free?
------------------

(This message has been edited by General Cade Smart (edited 04-11-2003).)

(This message has been edited by General Cade Smart (edited 04-11-2003).)

Sorry for the rant. Got it to work. Wont bore you with details, so you wont get them unless you ask. Since I got it to work first today, could the week be counted from this day? Today is 12 th, and 17 th I can access my Mac. That means I could try it at 350 Mhz G3 speeds instead of slightly laggy 68040 speeds.

------------------

Bomb, when can I get the new build where Defend F-25 is further reduced to 5 or 6 ships and Attack North Tip Station from 10 to more reasonable?

------------------

Wouldn't the details just be that you made a new, big-ass HFV volume and copied the contents of the Starterdisk onto it? Thats what I did, until I went ahead and downloaded the full version of 7.5.5 (That Starterdisk thing is basically meant to be a minimum boot setup.)

------------------

Originally posted by Lizard Blade:
**Wouldn't the details just be that you made a new, big-ass HFV volume and copied the contents of the Starterdisk onto it? Thats what I did, until I went ahead and downloaded the full version of 7.5.5 (That Starterdisk thing is basically meant to be a minimum boot setup.)

Didnt think of that. To make a big volume to copy the contents of Starterdisk there. I just struggled with the minimum thing. I moved some files to desktop (otherwise it will just copy it seems), moved them to MacHD and trashed the desktop copy. It did free 2.9 MB, but now I cant copy everything back because StuffIt Engine takes 2 MB. I guess I try that. Make a new HFV volume and copy everything there. How big should it be? 500 MB also? I need help on how to install full 7.5.5. Also, im still waiting Bomb to post to give a new build that eases the two aforementioned missions.

------------------