sugestions re:plug-ins

can sum one sugest sum good plugins for evo plz

------------------

There is a lot. Reign of the United Earth, Reign of the Voinian 1 and 2, F-25, Frozen Heart, Femme Fatale, Star Wars, EVO Plus, Babylon 5, and etc. like Secession.

------------------

thnx man that will help......................... 😄

------------------

F-25 is good, but very buggy. Download 2.0 instead unless you enjoy doing minor mission strings inbetween two major strings. Oh, and Bomb is going to make F-25 2.01 which fixes all the bugs 2.0 has. He betatests it with mostly my help 😄 (I can send him bug reports only once every two weeks, but then I report lots. Last time I reported 13 bugs.) and help from Kauthor and Bomb himself. When its done, go download the patch.

------------------
I am eager to try to ansver mission questions

Originally posted by General Cade Smart:
**F-25 is good, but very buggy. Download 2.0 instead unless you enjoy doing minor mission strings inbetween two major strings. Oh, and Bomb is going to make F-25 2.01 which fixes all the bugs 2.0 has. He betatests it with mostly my help:D (I can send him bug reports only once every two weeks, but then I report lots. Last time I reported 13 bugs.) and help from Kauthor and Bomb himself. When its done, go download the patch.

I'm shooting to have the beta done two weeks from now. If the test isn't complete by then I'll be closing the beta and finishing it on my own, hopefully to release a week or so after that. Mid to late April.

_bomb

------------------
"I want to tell you about a time I almost died...."

Originally posted by Bomb:
**I'm shooting to have the beta done two weeks from now. If the test isn't complete by then I'll be closing the beta and finishing it on my own, hopefully to release a week or so after that. Mid to late April.

_bomb

Two weeks? OMG! Such a tight schedule means I cant test it any more. I can see my Mac next time three weeks. But its actually good to have the beta finished faster.

------------------

**Two weeks? OMG! Such a tight schedule means I cant test it any more. I can see my Mac next time three weeks. But its actually good to have the beta finished faster.

The beta's been out nearly a month now. For a patch version, that's a long time, plus another two weeks of addition beta. More than enough time to get it done. Have you considered getting an emulator for your PC?

_bomb

------------------

**The beta's been out nearly a month now. For a patch version, that's a long time, plus another two weeks of addition beta. More than enough time to get it done. Have you considered getting an emulator for your PC?

_bomb

Yes, I see. No, I havent. It has seemed so bothersome, that I have rather waited for the Nova for Win to come out and then get EVO ported on it with Port Authority. I guess you need to guide me how to set it up, just as you helped CaptAceHarddrive. Basilisk II, that is.

------------------

**Yes, I see. No, I havent. It has seemed so bothersome, that I have rather waited for the Nova for Win to come out and then get EVO ported on it with Port Authority. I guess you need to guide me how to set it up, just as you helped CaptAceHarddrive. Basilisk II, that is.

Actually Ace helped me. And it isn't terribly difficult. Do a search and try and find the topic where we talk it through.

_bomb

------------------

**Actually Ace helped me. And it isn't terribly difficult. Do a search and try and find the topic where we talk it through.

_bomb

D'oh! The order which I remembered it was switched. I remember the topic name... Getting F-25 to work.

------------------

WarBeasts (why has he never posted again after that?) tutorial...

------------------

Bomb, how much does F-25 2.0 itself and all the builds you are going to send me take space? WarBeasts tutorial says to format a volume according to how much you need. "f you only plan to install EVO and nothing else, select 50. If you plan to do more, select 100. If you plan to do a lot more, choose higher."

------------------

I suggest you go for a 500 mb HD, that ought to be the full ASW 68k library with around 200mb left over for plugins.

------------------

Originally posted by Lizard Blade:
**I suggest you go for a 500 mb HD, that ought to be the full ASW 68k library with around 200mb left over for plugins.

Good suggestion, thanks. Thats pretty large actually- in 1995 the hard drives in PCs were that small (dunno about Macs). Im still waiting for Bomb to to post how much I need for only EVO, F-25 2, and the beta builds he occasionally sends.

------------------

**Good suggestion, thanks. Thats pretty large actually- in 1995 the hard drives in PCs were that small (dunno about Macs). Im still waiting for Bomb to to post how much I need for only EVO, F-25 2, and the beta builds he occasionally sends.

I'd agree with Lizard, just to be safe.. I've got a 200 mb drive and it's been pretty insufficient, but then again I've been doing a lot of development for my EVN project on it, which you probably won't be doing. For F-25 2.0.1 and EVO I'd say you'd need no more than 50 megs, tops. Of course, you could just check on your mac how much they take up total.. 😄

_bomb

------------------

(This message has been edited by Bomb (edited 04-07-2003).)

**I'd agree with Lizard, just to be safe.. I've got a 200 mb drive and it's been pretty insufficient, but then again I've been doing a lot of development for my EVN project on it, which you probably won't be doing. For F-25 2.0.1 and EVO I'd say you'd need no more than 50 megs, tops. Of course, you could just check on your mac how much they take up total..:D

_bomb

Bomb, you finally ansvered! I waited three days, more than any other reply in any thread. Heh, 200 mbs not enough? So how large is your project? Is it as large as Nova itself? 😛 The F-25 and safe advice are conflicting, so ill take the safe part. I cant check on my Mac before I can access it... and that is after two weeks. 😉 But I could phone my dad in the afteroon. Interesting idea...

Edit- just tried it and it starts fine. There is a few second lag when opening large folders (like Windows or System), which is surprising, considering my PC 1.7 Ghz Celeron with 128 MB of RAM. There was a installer for StuffIt 5.5 which ends my worries on how to unstuff files. I was pleasantly surprised. But many questions still remain. Why does WarBeast say to select Mac IIfx as your machine type if he providing a Quadra 650 ROM? Do I need the OS 8.1 update to change the machine type to Quadra 650? If its that, where can I get it? WarBeasts tutorial says this about EVO: Even though you can play EVO now, I know youÂ’re not going to want to after very long. Without these optimizations, the game goes slower than a snail with a broken leg since it requires more than the original game, EV. Here are my recommendations:

1. Set game speed to 225%.
2. Get a plug-in called "Speed Plug 1.0"
3. Get a plug-in called DarienÂ’s EVO Cheater, use it to buy enough Thrust and RCS upgrades to be able to move at the right pace.

The loading screen will still take a short while to load, but these additions will make the speed work at about 88% of normal speed.

Do I really need these things because I have such a powerful machine, bought a week before last Christmas?
------------------

(This message has been edited by General Cade Smart (edited 04-07-2003).)

Let just say that Bomb is working on an EVN TC which will be big and different. Near Summer time is when we get a peek into the TC. After that, no more peeks until it is done.

------------------

Originally posted by kauthor:
**Let just say that Bomb is working on an EVN TC which will be big and different. Near Summer time is when we get a peek into the TC. After that, no more peeks until it is done.

Do you mean Bomb is so busy he cant help me? Other than that, I cant see how his project is relevant to my emulatror questions.

------------------

1. Set game speed to 225%.
2. Get a plug-in called "Speed Plug 1.0"
3. Get a plug-in called DarienÂ’s EVO Cheater, use it to buy enough Thrust and RCS upgrades to be able to move at the right pace.

The loading screen will still take a short while to load, but these additions will make the speed work at about 88% of normal speed.

Do I really need these things because I have such a powerful machine, bought a week before last Christmas? **

With game speed all the way up at 225%, I've never had any problems in normal play. It's only when it comes to large scale battles that it begins to lag badly.

_bomb

------------------

**Do you mean Bomb is so busy he cant help me? Other than that, I cant see how his project is relevant to my emulatror questions.

It isn't. And kauthor knows as much as you do about it. Nothing.

The only reason I mentioned it was because it explained my need for more space on my emulator hard drive.

_bomb

------------------