Shadows Dawning - Sign-up Thread

I hope nobody minds this...

/sig test

------------------
"God created Man in His own image. And Man, being a gentleman, returned the favor."
-- Inherit The Wind

Kuathor, you and I need to work on our plan to skewer BD. Inherit the Wind was one book that I wouldn't mind ever reading again

------------------
The Thunderhead Lance and Ion Cannon: Coming to an outfitter near you!

Hey! What's with that question mark by my name! I leave for a day and all of a sudden I'm a question mark? 😉

Anyway, not to worry. I am, in fact, still around and looking forward to a great webst... errrr Interactive Chronicle playing the United Earth.

------------------
Out ride the sons of Terra,
Far dirves the thundering jet,
Up leaps the race of Earthmen,
Out, far, and onward yet - Robert A. Heinlein, The Green Hills of Earth

United Earth - Ipvicus
Voinian Grand Empire - Esponer
Emalgha - RMA
Azdgari Empire - asriel
Igadzra - Thunder
Zidagar - specops
Miranu - Solel
Zachit - kauthor
The Rock Renegades - BattleDoctor
South Tip - Admiral Benden
Pariah Renegades - U.E. Admiral
Mavs Renegades - Grunadulater

Strandless Mercenary - Carnotaur

Ipvicus; thanks. 😛

------------------
-Esponer

So when's the IC thread going up? I don't think we need any more players...

------------------
"God created Man in His own image. And Man, being a gentleman, returned the favor."
-- Inherit The Wind

Originally posted by asriel:
**So when's the IC thread going up? I don't think we need any more players...

I have the slight minor problem of writer's block on my first IC post, and since the opening post has to be IC for the counting scheme to work, I have to finish it.

------------------
-Esponer

United Earth Totals (21 SOs)
1620 Freighters
1134 Freight-couriers
4182 Cargo Transporters
3947 Scoutships
2278 UE Fighters
587 UE Destroyers
230 UE Carriers

695 Freighters / 40 posts
632 Freight-couriers / 40 posts
1292 Cargo Transporters / 40 posts
1105 Scoutships / 40 posts
990 UE Fighters / 40 posts
275 UE Destroyers / 40 posts
113 UE Carriers / 40 posts

----------------

Voinian Totals (24 SOs)
212 Voinian Cruisers
825 Voinian Frigates
1930 Voinian Heavy Fighters
990 Voinian Interceptors
2930 Voinian Supply Ships

103 Voinian Cruisers / 40 posts
384 Voinian Frigates / 40 posts
504 Voinian Heavy Fighters / 40 posts
563 Voinian Interceptors / 40 posts
1155 Voinian Supply Ships / 40 posts

----------------

Emalgha Totals (4 SOs)
185 Emalgha Freighters
113 Emalgha Warships
264 Emalgha Fighters

38 Emalgha Freighters / 40 posts
8 Emalgha Warships / 40 posts
100 Emalgha Fighters / 40 posts

----------------

Igadzra Totals (14 SOs)
495 Igazras
1465 Igadzra Aradas
1255 Laziras

83 Igazras / 40 posts
371 Igadzra Aradas / 40 posts
302 Laziras / 40 posts

----------------

Zidagar Totals (16 SOs)
775 Zidaras
1456 Zidagar Fighters
1617 Aradas

352 Zidaras / 40 posts
704 Zidagar Fighters / 40 posts
820 Aradas / 40 posts

----------------

Azdgari Totals (11 SOs)
2373 Azdaras
903 Azdgari Aradas
390 Azdgari Warships
808 Laziras

667 Azdaras / 40 posts
268 Azdgari Aradas / 40 posts
112 Azdgari Warships / 40 posts
203 Laziras / 40 posts

----------------

Miranu Totals (13 SOs)
350 Miranu Heavy Freighters
402 Miranu Freighters
647 Miranu Couriers
766 Crescent Fighters

90 Miranu Heavy Freighters / 40 posts
129 Miranu Freighters / 40 posts
188 Miranu Couriers / 40 posts
251 Crescent Fighters / 40 posts

----------------

Outpost Zachit / Zachit (Zachit)
125 Zachit Fighters
50 Zachit Aradas

5 Zachit Fighters / 40 posts
1 Zachit Arada / 40 posts

----------------

The Rock / DSN-2131 (The Rock Renegades)
16 Crescent Warships
27 Laziras
45 Renegade Aradas
80 Crescent Fighters

2 Crescent Warships / 40 posts
4 Laziras / 40 posts
10 Renegade Aradas / 40 posts
25 Crescent Fighters / 40 posts

----------------

Histiri Station / Mavs (Mavs Renegades)
12 Crescent Warships
26 Laziras
45 Renegade Aradas
60 Crescent Fighters

2 Crescent Warships / 40 posts
4 Laziras / 40 posts
7 Renegade Aradas / 40 posts
20 Crescent Fighters / 40 posts

----------------

South Tip Strandless Totals (2 SOs)
75 (Renegade) Aradas
140 Crescent Fighters

15 (Renegade) Aradas / 40 posts
50 Crescent Fighters / 40 posts

----------------

New Alcatraz / Pariah (Pariah Renegades)
42 Turncoats
85 Helians
270 Kraits

5 Turncoats / 40 posts
20 Helians / 40 posts
100 Kraits / 40 posts

----------------

"CaptainCarnotaur"
5 Crescent Warships (upg.)

----------------

• All vessels that are obviously freighters will not obey military commands. Each Strand has their own trading vessels, be they Laziras or Aradas, and they are not for military use, nor are they likely to fight to the death if boarded. Exception: the South Tip Strandless' Aradas are militia ships - (renegade) is in brackets because they are outfitted in a similar way, but have militia IFF.

• The complete calculations for governments are available via email. They're fairly long, and unnecessary. Note: I won't send the complete calculations of a government to anyone but the leader of that government, and displaying more than a vague knowledge of the opponent's fleet numbers in-context is not allowed.

• Asriel (Azdgari) has the Mystical Chicken of Death. I can't remember what this does at the moment, but he won the V.S.S. Yantither contest, so he has it. It's a little novelty thing that does pretty much nothing (except kill all chickens within a radius of ten light years, I remember that) and is never to be mentioned in dialogue. Yes, I'm clinically insane.

• Some other notes I've forgotten.

----------------

Minimum Defence / Maximum Available

Two figures to make your life living Hell. In any democracy or government with internal matters to attend to (such as Voinians with slavery), or generally any government that needs to keep the masses at bay, there is a Minimum Defence figure. This is the smallest number of ships that can be in each system. Already reached Min. Defence figures=

Voinians: 10%
UE: 20%
Emalgha: 0% (desperate warfare constantly allows such)
Miranu: 80%

All Strands will have a Min. Defence figure, but it is up to their writer to decide on it, according to the type of government he will use.

Max. Available is a figure renegades need to concern themselves with. It accounts for captains that don't want to take the pay, captains that are too drunk to, or are currently involved in relationships, etc. It's generally the opposite of Min. Defence, and in the long run does the same thing.

The Rock: 90%
Zachit: 100%

The other renegade/militia players will have to come up with a Max. Available figure, I'm afraid.

----------------

Fleet compositions, i.e. what ships are in what system. No need to rush this just yet, but it does have to be done, and it's a fairly big job.

------------------
-Esponer

(This message has been edited by SilverDragon (edited 08-18-2002).)

/me realizes that the Aradas are actually trading ships.

Hmm. This is going to be fun...

------------------
-- Inherit The Wind

(This message has been edited by asriel (edited 08-18-2002).)

My ships are in the Akrayhek.

Max Availability is 95%.

------------------
"Doritos:The official currency of fat people."-My friend
"All your bandwidth are belong to us."
(url="http://"http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/webboard/Forum26/HTML/005710.html")Shameless(/url) (url="http://"http://homepage.mac.com/mandrillen/PhotoAlbum1.html")Advertisement(/url)

(This message has been edited by Admiral Benden (edited 08-18-2002).)

IC Thread 1 will now be opened. I decided not to send out the emails.

Project slots for governments:
Miranu: 4, can manage that constantly
Voinians: 3, or 4 now and then
UE: 3, can manage that constantly
Azdgari/Igadzra/Zidagar: 3, can manage that constantly
All the little guys: 1, or 2 now and then

----------------

Middling importance thing. For ship movements, a post can count for 3 and a half days. So a warship could move one jump per post, a fighter would move 3, and a 2-dayer, well, we'd probably call it 2. <grins> And that's posts per anyone.

i.e. if I send 1 fighter to go 15 jumps, it would take 5 posts.

This won't be necessary except in arguments and stuff like that. Just thought I'd throw it down in case anyone needs it.

------------------
-Esponer

(This message has been edited by SilverDragon (edited 08-18-2002).)

After RMA, specops and Grunadulater: next person to post a placeholder will be thrown out of the story.

I may not moderate much, but I love making these little ultimatums. <grins>

------------------
-Esponer

Hmmm...if there's an opening for like a regular captain among one of the major governments (you know, one of the guys who just does jobs or something) I'll take one of those spots if anything is still open.

------------------
"What is mind? No matter. What is matter? Never mind."

Originally posted by Cupelix:
**Hmmm...if there's an opening for like a regular captain among one of the major governments (you know, one of the guys who just does jobs or something) I'll take one of those spots if anything is still open.

In Shadows Dawning, I wouldn't suggest working along with a government (the government writers have the right of control for everybody in their government.) I guess it'd be okay, just don't try the Voinians! <grins> And try not to expect the government to rely on your work more than the work of one of their fleets.

<despairing look> I'll have to start work on Throne of the Damned II, or RMA is going to ruin me before I can blink.

------------------
-Esponer

Originally posted by SilverDragon:
<despairing look> I'll have to start work on Throne of the Damned II, or RMA is going to ruin me before I can blink.

<laughs> He'll ruin you at any rate, Espy. 😛

------------------
The Thunderhead Lance and Ion Cannon: Coming to an outfitter near you!

Of course he will. He's RMA. What did you expect, Espy?

------------------
-- Inherit The Wind

I would love to be in this story, but I'll only be on once a week. I'd really like to be an independant renegade, with no attachments. Just a turncoat and a couple helians, I'll be happy. I'll mostly be moving around ands attacking random people to keep my writing skills at par.
Esponer, you can Email me is you'll allow me to have a crescent warship or something, or be a different faction.
Any correspondance to me will have to be through Email, dont expect me to stay read up, ok? Well esponer, it's up to you, its your story. 😉
Perhaps an honorary Mod position could be granted?

------------------
"And as the Darkness descends, do you follow the light, or embrace the darkness?"
~Diane Kinsman
(little known philosopher, early 21st century)
Proud Member of the (url="http://"http://www.roostermac.net/cgi-bin/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi")Webstory Developer's Commune(/url)

preps for spur-of-the-moment, totally unplanned character writing

Name: Kerrin Eucili
Species: Human
Ship: Modified Scoutship, Star Gaze
Appearance: Quite tall at 6'6", he sports an enormous, but neatly trimmed, silver moustache, with similar hair, and cheery green eyes that seem to constantly smile. He usually wears black or dark blue cotton slacks, with a matching dark blue long-sleeved T-shirt, and most of the time can be seen with a pipe clenched between his teeth, blowing large smoke rings.

History: Kerrin was born on Earth, his parents being middle-upper class. They lived near a major starport, in the city of Los Angeles. He was fascinated by all the starships coming and going, and wished to see the universe for himself. He was skilled at navigation, and finding his way to where he needed to go from the middle of nowhere with minimum equipment, and he loved to explore. As such, he enjoyed going on long strolls and hikes through what was left of the North American wilderness, and he also exlored several caves as a young man.

When he was old enough, his parents sent him to the U.E. flight academy, which he passed with flying colors. However, although he had moderate combat skills, he didn't want to become a military pilot, but instead wanted to see as much of the galaxy as he could, and possibly beyond. Although he had know idea of what was beyond U.E. space to the east, north or south, he thought that all the better; he might be the first human to have explored said space! Once he had gathered sufficient funds through shuttling passengers across U.E. territory and shipping various goods, he purchased a Scoutship, the Star Gaze. Setting out northward, he eventually came upon the Priat system, and landed at the station. Although he dearly wanted to outfit his ship with much of the modern equipment available, he knew he would never be able to afford it. However, the dockmaster was one of those Miranu scientists positively obsessed with strange, primitive technologic relics, and agreed to pay for two Phase cannons in exchange for the blaze cannons on his Scoutship. So, he began to explore, taking in as much as possible; the fierce Strand Wars, the Zachit, the peaceful Miranu, and he even landed at North Tip Station once.

He continued his explorations further south, to the Emalgha systems, and into Voinian territory, but couldn't land on most planets. Afterwards, he went further south through U.E. territory, to the Kayans and the South Tip renegades, documenting everything he saw and heard. By now he had quite an accurate map of most of the known galaxy, and was fairly experienced. He had acquired for his scoutship an ECM, several speed upgrades, ramscoops and extra fuel tanks. Although he still had no desire for military involvement with any faction, he could be fierce as an Azdgari in a pinch, with his custom-made repeating pistol and bare fists. Currently, he is simply travelling around for more sight-seeing, accepting a minor job here and there, and always wondering about a way to go beyond the Crescent.

If I can't enter the story by now, well, I guess that's just too bad.

------------------
Is that a sword? Luxury! Is that a horse? Sloth! Is that a helmet? Vanity! —Sage Truthbringer
Links? You want links? Fine, fine. Here are your links:
(url="http://"http://pub19.ezboard.com/bultimategamerscommunity")Ultimate Gamers Community(/url)|(url="http://"http://www.roostermac.net/cgi-bin/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi")Webstory Developers Commune(/url)|(url="http://"http://forums.spaceportbar.com/viewtopic.php?t=70&sid;=535bf228038de12759dbe5165cfab0bb")Bionicle Webstory(/url)

(This message has been edited by ESPilot (edited 08-30-2002).)

I would probably considering putting you into Zeldair if SilverDragon can allow it.

------------------

Eek! Wrong place!

(This message has been edited by specops (edited 08-30-2002).)