Shadows Dawning - Sign-up Thread

Originally posted by Solel:
::munches on Munb leaves::

Don't get too used to those Munb leaves. BattleDoctor isn't too far from Dewe (the other side of the galaxy isn't too far...)

SilverDragon; Don't worry, I was just getting into the mindset of a Miranu, heh heh...

On another note, from what I gather from your original post, the entire storyline will be written on this thread, post by post? That seems more logical than doing it in Chronicles, since it is collaborative — sort of.

------------------
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatuluk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul Elendil!

esponer, i would like to talk to you on AIM if possible. i havnt seen you on latly and i have some questions.

------------------
Insanity has its advantages

On another note, from what I gather from your original post, the entire storyline will be written on this thread, post by post? That seems more logical than doing it in Chronicles, since it is collaborative — sort of.

Not on this thread - on an IC thread, probably stop and make anew at 120 posts or so.

------------------
-Esponer

When will we be notified that the IC thread (?) for the story is open for writing?
I just made a list of the description of every planet in Miranu space (except for the outposts made in the Missions. ARE we starting from the beginning of the game story?). I made the list to piece together a kind of cultural history of the traders. Hopefully I can start writing something soon, as a draft to get the junk out.

Solel

------------------
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatuluk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul Elendil!

Originally posted by SilverDragon:
UE Admiral; you're fine for Pariah renegades. Just make sure you know what you're doing against Ipvicus!

<evil grin>

------------------
Out ride the sons of Terra,
Far dirves the thundering jet,
Up leaps the race of Earthmen,
Out, far, and onward yet - Robert A. Heinlein, The Green Hills of Earth

When will we be notified that the IC thread (?) for the story is open for writing?
I just made a list of the description of every planet in Miranu space (except for the outposts made in the Missions. ARE we starting from the beginning of the game story?). I made the list to piece together a kind of cultural history of the traders. Hopefully I can start writing something soon, as a draft to get the junk out.

The IC thread will be open when I've heard from Kim and Shade; I'm really hoping I can get them in this. I'd also like to see if anyone else is interested. It won't be too long, though.

We're starting from the beginning, yes. No UE cruiser, dreadnought is in construction, etc.

And thank you, Solel.

------------------
-Esponer

I'd be interested in a minimal part to get some Webstory experience. As my first try with the Empire webstory isn't going to well. If not good luck. Hope this webstory works out better than the last few.

------------------

No, thank you SilverDragon, for giving me this oppurtunity to bounce my writing off of other people to see what they think of it, as I want some good feedback.

All I will say for now about the Miranu part will be...well, I'm going to have fun, I hope the rest of you will as well. Now...on with the show—wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!.

Solel

------------------

I'll join on as...humm...is the Council a possible position? If so, I'll be them.

------------------
Always say no to Concrete Donkeys.

Now that someone has finally taken over the Miranu, now may I please take the Zachit? Their gunships are good!

------------------

You don't have acceess to the gunships, just fighters.

------------------
Out ride the sons of Terra,
Far dirves the thundering jet,
Up leaps the race of Earthmen,
Out, far, and onward yet - Robert A. Heinlein, The Green Hills of Earth

Oh right! AND do not forget their aradas. Don't forget to help me, Miranu.

------------------

kauthor wrote:

Oh right! AND do not forget their aradas. Don't forget to help me, Miranu.

Do not worry about it. Remember, you are the Zachit, the defense force funded by the Miranu. I intend to hold to that. Rest assured, you WILL be adequately equipped. Your job is to hold the North. My job is to make sure you can.

Solel

------------------

**All I will say for now about the Miranu part will be...well, I'm going to have fun, I hope the rest of you will as well.

Oh, I will. I'm gonna have loads of fun with you.

Originally posted by Vice Admiral Ipvicus:
**You don't have acceess to the gunships, just fighters.

I don't believe the gunship has been invented yet. We're taking this from the beginning, right?

By the way, Esponer, is there going to be a map made up for this story? I don't believe I'd be able to play very well without something to study and I don't want to constantly go in and out of the actual EVO app.

------------------
"Whales are drinking all our water and eating our sailors." - (url="http://"http://www.xmission.com/~maddox/")Maddox(/url)

(This message has been edited by BattleDoctor (edited 08-14-2002).)

Earlier post lost - aiee.

Council position; no.

kauthor; yes, sorry about the delay.

BattleDoctor; yes, there will be a map up in a bit, but it won't be 100% up-to-date, and everyone is advised to download EVO Developer's Map and update a personal copy for themselves.

Correct, no gunships, advised to build them.

------------------
-Esponer

Since the beginning of the game, can you join the voinians and kill the UE?

------------------
Cooldude

Originally posted by Cooldude:
Since the beginning of the game, can you join the voinians and kill the UE?

At first glance, I'd be tempted to reply: "What are you on about?" Upon closer inspection and deciphering, I'd probably say something along the lines of: "There is and will be only one Voinian writer - myself - and the Voinians will not be defeating the UE. To avoid bias, when I'm moderator / creator, I always make which side I'm playing lose - after all, someone has to lose in the story, so it might as well be someone who doesn't mind."

However, after going through both of those ideas, I have finally settled on a much more concise reply: "No."

------------------
-Esponer

everyone is advised to download EVO Developer's Map and update a personal copy for themselves.

Do you mean the EVOCompleteMap? I could not locate the 'Developer's Map' on the addons page.

Also, are we to follow the mission strings from the game in our writing? Or do we just make it all up? Thanks.

Solel

------------------

It can be found (url="http://"http://members.chello.se/warlordpontus/ev/evomap.html")here(/url). And no, you don't have to or are expected to follow the mission strings, it's just suggested you start out with a few things designed/built in the game, mostly so that things will remain familiar for as long as possible. In case it isn't clear, new outfits and such do not have to possible within the EVO engine - what fun is such a thing as this if you limit yourself to that engine?

A question, Solel. What sort of politicial structure are you planning to use?

------------------
-Esponer