Silver Horizon - Part II

8th and 9th Horosk Carrier Battle Groups
Admiral Jena looked at the strategic display, the Akrahd fleets falling behind. The Akrahd would regret the day they had ever tried to vanquish the Horoth. Soon, the 2nd Horosk Grand Navy would hit the Akrahd, and hit hard. They would not know what had hit them until it was too late.

--------
OOC:Shade, I'm guessing you managed to miss what the Horosk Ambassador said to you, so here it is again, but updated a bit.

The Horosk Ambassador took the Kavrii, and spoke,'The Horosk Union would like to have the plans for your Polaron Cannon, as well as your tractor beam. What would you like in return?'

--------

Projects
Enhanced Sub-Space Fold
ETA:2 posts

Fleet Refit
A major overhaul of the Horosk Navy is beggining, in order to accomadate technology advances. Total refit is expected to take sometime, due to the amount of new systems being installed. To start with, fighter craft will be refitted, and heavier ships once the updated sub-space fold is completed. ETA:19 posts Paused

Ship Power Efficiency Update
It has been decided to use the EMC to proccess Horosk Ship designs in order to improve their power efficiencies, which will allow improvements in fighting capability. The analysts will not take long. Upon completion, the Fleet Refit will recomence. ETA:4 posts

Other
Horath Outpost Expansion
In order to support the increasing fleet, the Horath Oupost is being expanded to accomadate the fleets demands, and is being turned into a full Fleet Base. ETA:4 posts

--------

Horosk Shipyard Construction
Construction rate at 100%

------------------
If someone makes a mistake, it is not my fault. I will however use it to my advantage.

Voted most likely to be a serial killer by Insane Asylum - 2002

Cintrial

Ionar paced backwards and forth across his chambers. The Council of Four had replied, informing him that in turn the Kayan Science Corps had replied, suggesting the possibility of such a method of armour. The figures for maximum armour limits were unacceptable, however, as he had soon come to realise. He needed to make something without limits - something that tachyonic shielding would have no trouble at all going through.

It was the Horosk structural field reinforcement, and its capabilities of effectively doubling the lasting power of armour that made him realise this. It was his dream to make it so that the ships of the Galactic Community were as strong with armour as with shields - tachyonic shields, using a multi-emitter, layered, system, with energy dampeners.

Ionar sighed happily. "If we can get that far, GalCom - and we - shall be invincible." He fully understand the significance of his dream.

The Zirada heavy fighter - his favourite ship - was one of the most impressive fighters in existance, with a shield rating (200) that was off the roof for a fighter. With tachyonic shielding, that could be boosted to 300. With existing layered shields, and the dampener which nullified 10% of all damage received, that in itself was godly.

But with the intended armour rating, gone from 25 to 250, the Zirada would be unstoppable.

"Dammit!" Ionar cursed, banging his fist against the table. There was no chance that this new armour could be implemented. The Ministry of Science, and the Ministry of Defence, were busy with more important projects - upgrading existing Strand League ships and developing the hyper-velocity rockets - and he knew that the former would take months, and the latter would be followed with more "important" weapons from MoS.

He sighed heavily, and laid down on his bed for several minutes.

And then he blinked.

{From: Teskyr Ionar of the Ministry of Science -unauthorised-}
{To: Miranu Science Department}

I haven't cleared this message, as I'd probably just be shouted down anyway - things get crazed around Cintrial when there's a major researching bout - but I was wondering if I could pay a visit to your headquarters.

If you are interested, I'd appreciate it if you could get someone from the Kayan Science Corps there as soon as possible. I'm really sorry for this, but you happen to be the only member of the Galactic Community who might be able to do something that will make us all much more capable of defending ourselves - the others are putting all their effort into other projects.

I know this is a very uncouth message, but, what do you expect from the Strand League? 😛

{end transmission}

With the message sent, Ionar sighed again, and fell back into his chair, pondering. The hyper-velocity rocket was definately worth Cintrial's efforts, he had to admit. He was immensely impressed with the designs - the damage output was equal to that of a Scarab disc, and in fact they were very similar. The difference was H.V. rockets lacked guidance, turning and something of the range. They would make that up, however, with stunning speed and, more importantly, a tiny two-layered shield matrix. As such, not even a plasma mine could destroy one.

The design stage had been, fortunately, quite brief. Original expectations had been after the festival, but since the original concept had been modified to more closely resemble the Scarab disc, it had taken less time. Things were on a very tight schedule as it was, with the festival in (OOC note for timescale) 2 days (/OOC note for timescale)

(OOC - second time I've left mid-post for hours. I hope it makes sense from there, and apologies for my not being around for a while)

*Technology

Zidara & Zira Upgrades: 1/6
Hyper-velocity Rocket: 12/2

4 Aries Colonisation: 4/4

Naval Stats

ZSN: 226,500
IGNA: 226,500
IXD: 50,000
ZEN: 30,000

------------------
-Lyat Esponer Corsair

(This message has been edited by SilverDragon (edited 06-18-2002).)

In the Miranu Sceince Department, the message was recieved quietly, unlike most thbings, and was put around through a few proper channels. Then finally Kenra gave her permission that they could sent a affermative message back to Ionar and ask the Kayan Science Corps to send someone too. Then excitement rippled through the department as everyone waited for the messages to be sent and received.

Begin message sequence

Message to: Teskyr Ionar
We would be glad to recieve you at our Headquarters, and we are indeed interested. We will send a message to the Kayan Science Corps and request an individual to visit Athena's Science Department. We will prepare for your visit, and you will be authorized to come down immediately without all the waiting most ships have to go through.

End message sequence

Begin message sequence

To: Kayan Science Corps
We in the Science Department would like to request an individual to come help us and a person from the Strand League with a special project at Athena's Science Headquarters. Please respond as quickly as you can, we eagerly await your response.

End message sequence

The Science Department gave a collective grunt of satisfaction as the messages were sent oof and went back to work until the replies came.

Research:
Deep Scan - 15 posts

------------------
If your looking at this signature, you need a life.

Cintrial

"What the..." Ionar muttered in sheer amazement as the reply came through from the Miranu half a day later - half a day closer to the festival, he dimly realised (two and a half days now.) Ionar shook his head. "Well, I didn't expect that..."

To say he was awed would have been a great understatement. He quickly wrote up a reply, not wanting to seem negligent.

{From: Teskyr Ionar}
{To: Miranu Science Department}

I am eternally in your debt. I was not entirely in my senses when I sent the message, and I apologise for that.

I'll make my way immediately via starglider.

{end transmission}

True to his word, Ionar was gone within two hours, towards Athena. Meanwhile, with the Zidara and Zira upgrades done, other than the Kayan's help with upgrading shields, the science department began drawing up designs for upgrading the particle railgun. They could not procede with IGNA ships until they had upgraded the standard of its staple weaponry, thanks to a command from Lariat. Many were particularly put out with the idea.

*Technology

Zidara & Zira Upgrades: Completed
Pailgun Railgun Upgrade / P-Rail: 10/10
Hyper-velocity Rocket: 11/12

4 Aries Colonisation: 3/4

Naval Stats

ZSN: 226,500
IGNA: 226,500
IXD: 50,000
ZEN: 60,000
(Special: 1500 Igazradas)*

• I'm sure you remember me building a couple a while back. I realised it wasn't included in the standard IGNA ship count, and since it was outside of the regular % distribution as well, it'd probably be better to fit it into a special category, as it doesn't have a division.

------------------
-Lyat Esponer Corsair

Horosk
Horosk Prime
Government Buildings - Foreign Office
The Sladerei ship came to rest below a flight of Horosk Interceptors providing an honour guard, and outstepped Shayborg, leader of the Sladerei. Chairman RMA, ruler of the Horosk, met him.
'We welcome you to our home, and invite you to come to our Reception rooms, so that we may talk easier. We have much to talk about.'
Chairman RMA indicated the way, and flew off at a slow speed.

--------

Asani Pirate Space - SGI-7637
A Horosk fleet was in the system, hidden from Asani sensors. The first Deployable Defence Platforms where being deployed, ready for use. No one would know anything about them till the Horosk revealed them. And in SGI-7389 and SGI-82, more platforms were deployed, covering the approaches.

--------

Projects
Enhanced Sub-Space Fold
ETA:1 posts

Fleet Refit
A major overhaul of the Horosk Navy is beggining, in order to accomadate technology advances. Total refit is expected to take sometime, due to the amount of new systems being installed. To start with, fighter craft will be refitted, and heavier ships once the updated sub-space fold is completed. ETA:19 posts Paused

ETA:3 posts

Other
Horath Outpost Expansion
In order to support the increasing fleet, the Horath Oupost is being expanded to accomadate the fleets demands, and is being turned into a full Fleet Base. ETA:3 posts

--------

------------------
If someone makes a mistake, it is not my fault. I will however use it to my advantage.

After Yenn Caer had returned to Lavrii Prime having met with no success, Kai'asi had given him the Enhanced Polaron Beam as promised, although they would not try to take Thalleon technology again.

In response to the Horosk, Kai'asi said; "It depends upon what you can offer, friend Horosk. What technologies do you possess?"

Talon Torpedo : 7/12

------------------
(url="http://"http://www.geocities.com/shades_shipyard")Shade's Shipyard(/url), the source for your ship needs.

Lavrii Prime
The Horosk Representative got out a data padd and handed it to the Lavrii leader. 'This contains a list of all Horosk technology, and I expect you will find something on it you would like. I must add that on further consideration, your Polaron Heavy Laser technology looks interesting, due to its capability to channel the discharge of multiple ships. Anything else you could recomend would be welcome.'

Horosk Heavy Fighter
Shields: 150
Armor: 110
Energy Armour:16
Weapons: 5 Swivel PM Cannons
2 Horosk Rocket Launcher & 10 Rockets
2 Stalker Missile Launchers & 100 Missiles

Horosk Clipper
Shields: 200
Armor: 180
Energy Armour:27
Weapons: 4 PM Cannons
2 PM Turrets
1 Tractor/Repulsor

Horosk Interceptor
Shields: 100
Armor: 50
Energy Armour:7
Weapons: 6 Swivel PM Cannons
(Note, Horosk no longer use this version)

Horosk APB Interceptor
Shields: 100
Armor: 50
Energy Armour:7
Weapons: 3 AP Beam Strips, 1 Stalker Missile Launcher, 10 Missiles

Horosk System Defence Drones:
Shields: 180
Armor: 180
Energy Armour:27
Weaponry:
3 Anti-Proton Beams
3 Photon Matrix Turrets
2 Tractor/Repulsor
1 Concussion Missile Launcher + 12 Ammo
1 Horosk Rocket Launcher + 12 Ammo

Horosk Frigate
Shields: 1200
Armor: 500
Energy Armour:75
Weapons: 4 PM Turrets
3 Concussion Missile Launchers - 30 Concussion Missiles
3 Horosk Rocket Launchers - 50 Horosk Rockets
2 Turreted Anti-Proton Beam
2 Tractor/Repulsors

Horosk Cruiser
Shields: 3500
Armor: 2500
Energy Armour:375
Weapons: 8 PM Turrets
5 Concussion Missile Launchers - 60 Concussion Missiles
7 Horosk Rocket Launchers - 150 Horosk Rockets
2 S-Concussion Beam
2 Turreted Anti-Proton Beams
4 Tractor/Repulsors

Horosk Carrier
Shields: 3750
Armor: 3000
Energy Armour:450
Weapons: 12 PM Turrets
1 S-Concussion Beam
4 Turreted Anti-Proton Beams
4 Tractor/Repulsors
4 Horosk Fighter Bays - 20 Horosk Heavy Fighters, 30 Interceptors

Horosk Light Carrier:
Shields: 1500
Armor: 500
Energy Armour:75
Weapons: 2 PM Turrets
3 Anti-Proton Beam Turrets
1 Tractor/Repulsos
3 Horosk Interceptor Bays-60 Interceptors

Phoenix Battleship
Mission: Heavy Assault Warship
Weapons:
14 PM Turrets
4 Concussion Railguns
6 Anti-Proton Beam Turrets
4 Concussion Missile Launcher + 200 Ammo
1 Energy Shield Matrix Emitter
Shields: 250,000
Armor: 75,000
Energy Armour:11250
(Note, stats are changing a bit more apparently)

Weapons:
NOTE: All powers are in Res-Edit scale

Proton-Matrix Cannon/Turret
Armor Damage: 15
Shield Damage: 40
Speed/Reload: Slightly faster than Phase Weaponry

Anti-Proton Beam-Turreted
Armor Damage: 8
Shield Damage: 16
Speed/Reload: Longer range than Phase weaponry

AP Beam Strip
Armour Damage:9
Shield Damage:18
Speed/Reload: Longer than AP Beam Turret, beam

Concussion Missile
Armor Damage: 150
Shield Damage: 250
Speed/Reload: Hunter Missile except with a lot more hit power

Horosk Rocket
Armor Damage: 150
Shield Damage: 560
Speed/Reload: Rocket
The Horosk Rocket is little changed, although the warhead now uses a Proton igniter to increase the damage. It deals heavy damage.

Concussion Beam
Armor Damage: 10
Shield Damage: 25
Speed/Reload: Particle Beam (EV)
Powerful, fairly mass intensive. Swivel mounted.

Technology
Structural Field Reinforcement
Increases armour on a ship by x2.1

Multi-Adaptive Shields
Advanced shields incorporating stealth and jamming technologies.

Sub Space Folder
Essentially a cloak. Can cover a wider area to allow ships to be hidden by a single ship.

Energy Armour
Energy field which acts as a solid. Fast regeneration.

Mass Duplication
Replication technology.

Tractor/Repulsor
The Horoth brought with them plans for a highly adaptable Tractor/Repulsor, and it is now standard on many Horosk ships. It is capable of neutralising a targeted ships momentum and holding it in place even with a projecting ship of less power. A simple switch will repel a ship away at high speeds.

Proton Reactor
The Proton Reactor is now outdated, with power outputs only that of a Thoron Reactor, and significantly more bulky. It has been phased out in almost all areas.

Thoron Reactor
The Thoron reactor is not used much, being less powerful than the Neutrino Reactor, and more bulky. It is however used in the civilian market due to its easier maintenance.

Neutrino Reactor
The Neutrino Reactor is fairly powerful, being compact and extremely efficient. It is used on all Military facilities and ships.

--------

Projects
Enhanced Sub-Space Fold
ETA:Completed

Fleet Refit

ETA:2 posts

Horosk Supercruiser
The Horosk Shipyards are now ready to build the Horosk Supercruiser, based on the Azdgari designs. It is modified drastically, and is more powerful than the Azdgari version. Final outfits will be released later. ETA:15 posts

Other
Horath Outpost Expansion
In order to support the increasing fleet, the Horath Oupost is being expanded to accomadate the fleets demands, and is being turned into a full Fleet Base. ETA:2 posts

--------

------------------

(This message has been edited by RMA (edited 06-18-2002).)

Kai'asi looked over the technologies. "In return for your Energy Armour, we will give you the schematics for the Polaron Cannon and Polaron Tractor Beam. Is this acceptable?"

Talon Torpedo : 6/12

------------------
(url="http://"http://www.geocities.com/shades_shipyard")Shade's Shipyard(/url), the source for your ship needs.

OOC: Errrm, I thought my ship was about to be captured. I guess I'll let the story flow...
----------
Yenn heads over to Teh' Rak space for the mission breifing. He has changed his identity to Yomin Adun.

------------------
"I'm gonna drop you like Third Period French!"
-Ocean's 11

Angien looked at Red with a grin..
"They still don't have the faintest idea that we're planning their downfall so strategically...."
"Not the slightest. I'm sure the other generals will warm to the idea, once they realise just how much is to gain..."
"Word is that the Supercruisers will be even stronger with Strand league technology.."
"Oh, that's an undestatement." Red said with a chuckle, and both admirals laughed together.
After the laughter subsided, an ensign that had been quietly waiting at the doorway, got their attention... "How would you like the supercruisers outfitted? We're only working on one now, it's the ARS Angien. How would you like it?"
Red turned to Angien with a smile. "It's yours, do what you want with it."
"hmm.. are the AX beams calibrated yet?"
"No, ma'am."
"Damnit. I wanna wait until they are to outfit mine."
Red looked at angien.. "Fine, fine, rename the ship above us to the A.R.S. Redchigh. The one being constructed will be the ARS Angien... she deserves the new one anyway" Red said with a wink.
"Sir, the outfits.."
"Ah yes, max out the primaries with.... second thought, I'll tell the science corps personally. Your rank is too low for this level information, no offense."
"None taken."

OOC: ARS Redchigh will have classified outfits. Angien and Sophita will be made open.

-----------------------------------
Research and Development
Arada SL redesign- ETA 1/2 posts (just a little optimisation research, none have been built yet)
Supercruiser A.R.S. Redchigh Repairs and Refit-5/7 posts
------------------------------------
Colonisation
(upgrade base) Defensive Stronghold in Syter- 3/4 posts

------------------
"And as the Darkness descends, do you follow the light, or embrace the darkness?"
~Diane Kinsman
(little known philosopher, early 21st century)
(they start feeling the prisoners helpless, 'til someone comes along on a mission and yells "*****"

OOC: I thought you were about to be captured too, Grundy, but I guess we can let it go. As you said, let the story flow:)

Upon recieving the message from the Miranu, the Science Corps immediately began to speculate on the nature of the meeting, and who best to send. It was quickly agreed upon that the most likely reason they would be called would be to assist with a project involving tachyonics, and the person sent should be a tachyonics expert. The person sent should also, they agreed, have some prior diplomatic experience, and preferably expertise in other areas of science as well. When all was said and done, there was only one person who stood out in their minds.

A young intern knocked on an office door on the top floor of the New Kayan Science Institute. "Come in," a voice issued from inside. The young Kayan stepped through the door to see Dr. Sarah Kalin working a holovid project. By her looks it was clear that she was half Kayan and half Human, which was not uncommon in Kayan society after the absorbtion of the Renegade Alliance into Kayan space. "Dr. Kalin?" The intern asked.

"Yes," Dr. Kalin replied. "What can I do for you?"

"To be perfectly blunt," the intern said, "the Miranu Science Department has requested that we send a representitive to their headquarters, and we feel that you're the best one for the job. Do you have the time to travel to Miranu space to meet with them?"

"I'm always up for a trip," she said with a genuine smile.

"That's great," the intern said. "In that case the guys down in communications want to know when you can leave."

"How does tomorrow morning sound?" asked Dr. Kalin.

"That's excellent. I'll let the comm guys know right away."

-----

The young intern rushed back down to the comm room, and within minutes a message was dispatched to the Miranu informing them of the latest developments.

Message to the Miranu Science Department
Point of Origin: New Kayan Science Institute, New Kayia, Galactica

We have recieved your message and have already dispatched one of our leading scientists to meet with you. We've sent Dr. Sarah Kalin aboard her Firefly, the K.A.S. Relativity, escorted by several of our Gunships to ensure her safety as she travels. Dr. Kalin is one of our leading scientists, having Ph.D's in both tachyonics and subspace harmonics, as well as a master's degree in energy field physics; no doubt she will be quite capable to assist you. We look forward to working together for the scientific advancement of the Galactic Community.

Message Ends

---

"The upgrades to our shipyard on Kayla is complete," a Military Corps officer reported, and we will be able to resume work on the Supercruiser by next week."

"Excellent," Commander Lasin replied. "Good work, all of you. No doubt you have all worked hard to get this upgrade done so quickly. I'll see to it that everyone gets tomorrow off to rest and celebrate."

"Thank you, sir."

---

The engineers working on tachyonic shield assemblies for the Zidara were relieved to have finished their first project, and the assemblies were redy to be built and integrated into the vessels themselves. Next up was the Zira subassembly, which everyone agreed would be much more of a challenge. A quick message was composed to the Strand League to update them of the current situation.

###Message to the Strand League, Council of Four, Silverbridge###
###Point of Origin: Kayla Engineering Corps Main Complex - Kayla Prime - Kayla System###

We have completed the sub-assembly designs to integrate tachyonic shields into the Zidara. We have included the specifications for the subassembly in this message, so you know what modifications we have had to make. Shield specs are right in line with our predictions, and we are ready to begin outfitting Zidaras for field testing and ultimately retrofitting of your fleets. We are commencing work on the Zira sub-assembly, but expect it to take around two weeks to complete, due to the hull re-designs that will no doubt be necessary.

###Message ends###

---

Kayan Construction Update:
Shipyard expansion in Kayla: Complete (Took 3 posts)
Draw up Zira tachyonic shield sub-assembly plans - 3 posts, 2 remaining
Build the one and only Kayan Supercruiser - Frozen due to project limits (18 posts, 14 remaining, will be resumed next post)

Colonization:
Scientific outpost / colony in Honoan - 5 posts, 1 remaining

------------------
"One day you'll find your whole life has changed - act quick, be brave, your heart will show you the way"

(Edit - Stupid typoes :p)

(This message has been edited by Thunder (edited 06-18-2002).)

Free Trade Guilt Governance

-Do you have any information about the robbery that occurred three weeks ago? That piece of metal was very valuable.

-No info, but the fact that he left and harmed a good unit. We have enough info to arrest him when he gets in our space. We will get him.

Teh‘Rak Governance

Message to Yomin Adun , coded

Are you will to work for me in order to organize a better LMC? If so, present this encrypted key when you enter Cheble. If you do not reach this system by the end of the week, it will be of no use, Yenn.

A Message from Uli

Cheble

-Sir, an unknown vessel is incoming in the system. I am sending a squadron to escort him as well as a three other supporting squads, for when he exits hyperspace.

-Fine, said the officer, I will send a message to Parliament Hill since it is not an Akrahd vessel.

The Black Night entered Cheble and was surrounded at medium range by fifty ships. It then emitted a transmission to the Outpost Control and then the received a confirmation saying to head to Korellian IV as soon as possible.

Teh‘Rak Report

Technological:
()Thoron Energy Projection: 1 posts left, 8 to outfit.
(
)Upgrade of the anti-matter weaponry: 2 to implement (50%).

T.R.S.A. Ship Production:
() 15 734 fighters.
(
) S-D-3 : 47 200/141 600 units .

------------------
Mes plus sincčres Salutations ŕ la Vie,
Reine de ce Monde.

Lavrii Prime
The Horosk representative nodded to Kai'asi, and replied, 'That exchange is fair. My ship has had the schematics downloaded to its computer core, and I will transmit for the energy armour schematics to be downloaded to me immiedately.'

--------

Message To: Kayan Scientific corps
Message From: Horosk Union
Subject: Tachyonix Shielding
The Horosk Union would like to aquire the schematics for Tachyonic Shielding, and we request that you inform us of what might be a suitable exchange. We thank you for your time.
Message Ends

--------

Projects
Fleet Refit

ETA:1 posts

Horosk Supercruiser
The Horosk Shipyards are now ready to build the Horosk Supercruiser, based on the Azdgari designs. It is modified drastically, and is more powerful than the Azdgari version. Final outfits will be released later. ETA:14 posts

Other
Horath Outpost Expansion
In order to support the increasing fleet, the Horath Oupost is being expanded to accomadate the fleets demands, and is being turned into a full Fleet Base. ETA:1 posts

--------

------------------

Red and Angien were in the War room... Only it wasn't Defense this time.
"Sir. Every one of our warfleets have been repaired and destroyed ships have been replaced."
"Very good, Angien. You know their destination?"
"NSI-4200" Angien said with a sadistic laugh.
Red nodded with a smile.
"You know our plans involving the Horosk, don't you?"
"Of course!"
"Make sure you and the Horosk jump in at the Exact same time."
"I'll do what I can."

Message to: Horosk
We are planning an assault on the Teh'Rak, meet at NSI-4200, by Sheaghi, to join our forces. This will is but the first step in Angien's Operation Svik.
Don't be late, the Akrahd will be expecting it if you are. Don't fire until we do.
End

And with that, all five non-charactor battlefleets set off for NSI-4200.... 35,500 Azdaras, 43,000 Aradas, 22,425 Laziras, 11,500 Igadzras, and 5000 Carriers, all set to arrive a few minutes before a planned Horosk fleet.......
----------------------------------------
In NSI-4200, The Akrahd fleet was shocked when a massive Azdgari Joint-Warfleet jumps in, over a 100,000 ships. They stay at the edge of the system at the jump-in point, however no weapons are fired. They are waiting..... A message, highly encoded, is sent to the Incoming horosk fleet, telling them to please jump in on an area coincidentally at a point where the Azdgari are between them and the Akrahd...

Research and Development
Arada SL redesign- ETA 0/2 posts (just a little optimisation research, none have been built yet)
Arada Refit- 4/4 posts
Supercruiser A.R.S. Redchigh Repairs and Refit-4/7 posts
Colonisation
(upgrade base) Defensive Stronghold in Syter- 2/4 posts

------------------
"And as the Darkness descends, do you follow the light, or embrace the darkness?"
~Diane Kinsman
(they start feeling the prisoners helpless, 'til someone comes along on a mission and yells "*****"

(This message has been edited by -REDCHIGH- (edited 06-19-2002).)

NSI-4200
In front of the Azdgari fleet, 64000 Cruisers rippled into normal space, and transmitted a message to the Azdgari fleet. 'We are ready to deal with the Akrahd once and for all. We wish you luck.'

--------

Horath
Administrator Thenir looked on with satisfaction at the tactical display floating in the middle of the Horath Outpost Command Center. Hundreds of dots marked the positions of the Deployable Defence Platforms being deployed. They would allow the system to remain secure at all times, no one knowing they existed until the Horosk let them.

--------

Projects
Fleet Refit
ETA:18 posts

ETA:Completed

Horosk Supercruiser
The Horosk Shipyards are now ready to build the Horosk Supercruiser, based on the Azdgari designs. It is modified drastically, and is more powerful than the Azdgari version. Final outfits will be released later. ETA:13 posts

Other
Horath Outpost Expansion
In order to support the increasing fleet, the Horath Oupost is being expanded to accomadate the fleets demands, and is being turned into a full Fleet Base. ETA:Completed

Naemor'Cereus Colonisation
The system of Naemor'Cereus has been left empty since the Rarkyl invasion many years back, but the Horosk have now decided to colonise it, and set it up for use as a military colony and fallback position. ETA:5 posts

--------

------------------

In NSI-4200, the Azdgari Respond by open broadcast...
"The Azdgari aren't here for the Akrahd..."
And with that a horrifying volley of SAI are fired at the Horosk, as the Azdgari move into a defensive blockade around the still-clueless Akrahd fleet.

----------------------------------
"Angien, you are brilliant. Operation Svik will be in the history books, and it's all because of you."
Angien was quiet, and suddenly, all of her feelings just swept over her, and she kissed Redchigh on the lips, and threw her arms around her. Red just kissed back, wondering.....

Research and Development
Arada SL redesign- ETA 0/2 posts (just a little optimisation research, none have been built yet)
Arada Refit- 3/4 posts
Supercruiser A.R.S. Redchigh Repairs and Refit-3/7 posts
Colonisation
(upgrade base) Defensive Stronghold in Syter- 1/4 posts

------------------
~Diane Kinsman

(This message has been edited by -REDCHIGH- (edited 06-19-2002).)

The Black Night heads to Korellian IV and activates the key code.

------------------
"I'm gonna drop you like Third Period French!"
-Ocean's 11

NSI-4200
Fleet Admiral Jani stared in horrow as the Azdgari opened fire on his fleet. Most shots went wide, sent off course by the stealth and jammers that were active.
'Order all ships to cloak and leave the system. Transmit these coordinates for a rendevous point.' Admiral Jani entered a list of numbers into his datalink, cursing the Akrahd and the traitorous Azdgari. They would pay, and they would regret their actions.

--------

Projects
Fleet Refit
ETA:17 posts

Horosk Supercruiser
ETA:12 posts

Other
ETA:4 posts

--------

------------------

Sojin ran down the corridors of the station, a data module in one hand and swearing every two seconds when he didn’t need to take a deep breath for air. Behind him were perhaps a dozen Akrahd soldiers, very much upset because he had stolen a data module that held specs to one of their weapons. Well, that and three of their comrades were dead, but right now, Sojin was more focused on getting back to the short term berth where his ship was docked at because they were pissed.

He heard shouts behind him and silently cursed the day he had taken up Redchigh’s offer. He had arrived on the Akrahd station a few days ago, and now he was running for his life after having to be able to sneak aboard one of their warships to steal what was needed. Apparently the soldiers didn’t like interlopers or smugglers either way.

Sojin turned around a corner and just barely avoided being shot as a pulse blast shot past him to blacken wall. This gave the young smuggler speed born of need and the fear of getting shot As it was, when he neared the airlock that led to his ship, the first soldier was just turning the corner. Sojin whirled and thrust out his free hand and fired his bracer. The bolt of blue energy caught the soldier in the chest and hurled him back against the far wall. He fired a few more shots to keep the other soldiers around the corner.

Sojin hit the console and cursed as it failed to open. “Lousy time for them to lock out my only way of escape.” Taking a step back, Sojin fired his bracer at the console and with a spray of sparks, the airlock door opened. The only problem was that it opened slowly.

The station soldiers decided to be brave and two came running around the corner. Sojin bit back an oath and fired twice, catching one in the head and the other in the leg. Both fell, one of them screaming. Glancing back, Sojin saw the airlock open just enough for him to squeze through. He took the oppurtuinty and slid through and turned around to mock his pursuers.

Hefting the data module, Sojin smiled and bowed mockingly. “Next time, lads, try running faster. It just might get some better results. So in the words of some-”

Sojin’s words were cut off as someone fired and the bolt caught the data module, sending the ruins to the ground. Sojin returned fire and looked down before shrugging dismissively. This seemed to puzzle the soldiers as Sojin slipped into the airlock of his crescent fighter and closed it behind him.

He was fast reaching the cockpit, and Sojin brought the holo-display of the ship up and online. A holographic screen that held the controls for the ship shimmered into veiw and the smuggler started working it. The airlock was dissengaged and the fighter started whirling into empty space away from the station.

An alarm sounded as the fighter’s shields flared and Sojin saw he was being pursued. Motioning his hands in a spiral, the fighter suddenly flipped in a downward 180 degree sharp angle. Sojin had few equals who could match him for quick thinking and creativity in these times like this.

A jump point formed and the fighter entered hyperspace, leaving Akrahd ships behind.

Sojin smiled to himself and sat back in his seat, heaving a releaved sigh. After a moment, he reached into a pouch at his belt and pulled out a datacrystal. His true prize.

“Computer, set a course for Azdgari space. Maximum burn."

------------------
(url="http://"http://pub51.ezboard.com/fquillzfrm4.showMessage?topicID=10.topic")A Pilot's memory(/url)

Horosk 2nd Grand Navy - Undisclosed location
Fleet Admiral Jani looked at the tactical readouts of his force, comparing them to enemy forces. It would be hard, but they would pay. He turned to face his adjutant, Captain Netha. 'Signal command, and transmit strategic plan Beta 9.'
'Sir, that plan has considerable drawbacks. If we fail, we will ensure destruction of our fleets. The chances of success are slim.'
'I know that Netha, but we have no choice. We are outnumbered considerably. We could leave this area completely, but that would cause chaos back home. We will leave once we have left a statement of our disgust.'
'If you believe so, Sir. I still have my doubts. I will transmit the plans at once.'

--------

Projects
Fleet Refit
ETA:16 posts

Horosk Supercruiser
ETA:11 posts

Other
ETA:3 posts

--------

------------------