Silver Horizon - Part II

"Ah, democracy again." Kai'asi mused. "Such an inefficient system, isn't it, Ai'siu? I suppose we had best reply to the good Commander."

(message to: Military Corps Headquarters, South Tip Station, Galactica)
(message fr: Citadel of the Tribunal of the Arbiters of the Lavrii Union)
(message re: technology trade)
Please do get it sorted out soon; as soon as we get a good high-powered munition like the Enhanced Defence Pods, we can integrate them into the upcoming Claw Torpedo, which we expect will be a great boon in the war against the Akrahd.
(message ends)

Projects : Nil

------------------
(url="http://"http://www.geocities.com/shades_shipyard")Shade's Shipyard(/url), the source for your ship needs.

Horosk - Orbital Shipyards
Orbiting Horosk Prime, a massive complex sat. It was the primary shipyard in the Horosk Union, and now the ship which had tied up its largest bays was finished. A large grey ship powered out of the facility, and vanished under a tide of blackness. The H.N.S. Tencrotha has been launched, the most powerful ship launched to date by the Horosk Union. Its power readings showed a fair difference between it and the Azdgari construction. The Horosk had spent some time adjusting the design to their liking, and it showed.

Horosk SuperCruiser Stats
Shields:8,650,000
10% Dampening
80000 Layers
Armour:8,250,000
Energy Armour:1,650,000
Weapons:
3400 AP Beam Strips
200 Tractor/Repulsors
50 Stalker Missile Turrets - 1,500,000 Missiles
30 Concussion Missile Launchers - 50,000 Missiles
15 Horosk Interceptor Bays - 300 Interceptors
15 Horosk Fighter Bays - 150 Heavy Fighters
Shield Ram

(OOC:The joys of having a weapon that's effectively turretted yet small)

--------

Message To: Office of the Prime Minister - New Kayia - Galactica
Message From: Horosk Union - Teh'Rak Base
Subject: GalCom
Now that the Horosk have a permanent presence in the LMC, we would like to request that we be admitted to GalCom as a non-voting partner. We hope you recieve this well.
Message Ends

--------

Projects
Fleet Refit
ETA:5 posts

Horosk Supercruiser
ETA:Completed

Teh'Rak Shipyard Update
In order to bring the Teh'Rak shipyards upto Horosk standards, they are to be updated with Horosk technology. For the most part, this will merely involve increasing the shipyard production with Teh'Rak capable ships, although the shipyards now directly under Horosk control will be refitted for pure Horosk ships. ETA:6 posts

Other
Ujulak'Tak Colonisation
ETA:2 posts

--------

Horosk Shipyard Construction
Construction rate at 100%

------------------
If someone makes a mistake, it is not my fault. I will however use it to my advantage.

Voted most likely to be a serial killer by Insane Asylum - 2002

OOC: Just so everyone knows, I have decided to enter this story as the player for the Asani Coalition.

A tone sounded in the massive hall to indicate that the Asani Council was meeting, and officials began to open the four large doors that led in. There was one door on each wall of the chamber, each door marked by the insignia of a different caste. Through the doors began to walk the representatives from each of the castes: one from the Upper Class, or the Saerrin, one from the Lower Class, or the Vaerrin, one from the Scientist caste, or the Varin, and finally the current Council Chairman, BattleDoctor of the Nikaema, the Military caste. The representatives, followed by delegates of lower rank from their castes, made their way to the table and sat down.

The Varin were also the record-keepers of the Coalition, and so it was they who called the meeting to order. The Varin representative stood up and said the short, ceremonial line that started every council meeting, "The Castes are present." The other representatives nodded and quietly thanked the Varin councilor for his efforts. The Varin then continued by saying, "As the first matter of business, I would like to welcome BatteDoctor as the newest of the esteemed Councilors of the Asani, and of course as the newest Chair."

The other delegates paused for a moment. It was well known that the Saerrin Councilor had had ambitions for the position of Chairman, but General BattleDoctor had stepped in with the massive forces that he controlled as a leading officer in the Nikaema and taken the position for himself. While this move had made him unpopular among the Saerrin, it had made the Vaerrin glad, as they were wary of Saerrin dominance in the Council. All of the representatives eventually nodded their support for the Chairman and let the Varin Councilor move on to the next order of business.

"As you know, gentleman, the pirates have been more of a nuisance in the past few weeks, making raids into the Laynora region especially. The, uh, process of selecting a new leader has required much of the Council's attention and we have been unable to deal with the threat." The Saerrin Councilor shot a glare at BattleDoctor at the Varin's last remark.

"Not to worry." responded BattleDoctor. "I have already ordered more warships to the Argonath and Laynora regions, in addition to the D'ath and Taryo systems. Once my ships are in position we shall begin to eradicate the pirates that plague our space."

"And what of the larger pirate groupls to the south?" replied the Saerrin Councilor without waiting to see if BattleDoctor had anything more to say. "We cannot merely destroy the groups within our space, we must go south and drive them from this galaxy!"

"If you had let me continue," responded BattleDoctor dryly, "then you would have heard the rest of my plan. I propose that we contact the Horosk for aid in combatting the pirates to the south. In fact, I think I shall assign you that task. The Saerrin shall attempt too gain the aid of the Horosk in this."

"Very well," shot back the Saerrin Councilor. He stood up and gathered his things, and walked out of the room.

"I do believe that this meeting has ended." noted the Varin Councilor. "Farewell for now."

(Begin Message)

To: Horosk Command

The Asani Coalition has plans to begin a campaign against the pirates that plague this galaxy. We would be appreciative of any help the Horosk could give us in this endeavour. Please respond in a timely manner.

(End Message)

------------------
You can stab and shoot and spit
But they won't be fixing it

Message to: Horosk
(Unidentifiable Trace and Source)
We will come clean because we need your help. We are not the official Azdgari Government. We are risking nothing, for the Azdgari know we exist. We are the Azdgari Eagles Children, soon to be renamed, but the Azdgari refer to us as nothing more than rebels. We want our freedom.
Freedom from redchigh's tyrannical rule.
freedom to vote for our decisions, and rule our own government.
We want a democracy..
We need a few deployable frigates, for our own defense, for Redchigh will wipe us out as soon as he gets the chance. We have one supercruiser, and it is our only ship. The cloak is quite handy. Will you help us? We will appreciate anything you can spare, and we will give you a part of Azdgari space if you agree to help us.. We would also appreciate an EMC... it would greatly help us upgrade our weapons on board. Once more, we need your help in getting our due respect.
End

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Ugh. That hurt like hell. Did you catch her?"
"Catch who?"
"Angien! Fianca! Whatever her name is... my Second in Command is a Traitor..."
All the guards and doctors were stunned. Red looked around the med lab. "I don't remember coming in here... how long was I out?"
"A few hours, sir."
"crap.the rebels are long gone by now.."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yes. We can see the rockets are fine, but we have no need for them. The rockets are too primitive to help us the least. You keep them."
"Fine. Your loss.... What the ****?!" An officer says as spheres appear, apparently out of nothing, and drift down to the ground.
The orbs shimmer a moment, then explode brilliantly, licking out sparks, making a large commotion, and a second later, all is calm. A Supercruiser shimmers into existence above the port, falls, and energy ropes lick the freightors below. A small cargo pod drifts down and lands.
"You, Luke, get the mercenary. Empty some tranquilizers in him and put him on the pod. "
"Fianca, I'm on it."
"It's creepy, isn't it? They look normal. No one could tell that they're all paralyzed. Well, Hurry luke, the effect will wear off in a minute or two. we have to be gone."
"I'm done. get in the pod."
Both figures join the paralyzed merc, and the pod drifts back up to the cruiser. As the atmosphere lock closes, several soldiers down below begin to stir. They look up in horror, but no shot is fired. The Admiral curses as the supercruiser vanishes into thin air, and several soldiers fall over as they regain consciousness. The cruiser speeds over the planetary terrain...
"Computer, transparent view." And the viewscreen dissolves into a view of the outside.
"It's really beautiful if you stop to look at it. There's mount Hoos.... Lake Bastse, I have some fond memories from there... " she's suddenly snapped out of her daydream..
"Fianca, the mercenary is waking up. Would you like to speak with him?"
"Yes... "

Both walk towards a table, where an alien is just regaining consciousness.
"Alien, we've taken all your weapons, you'll find you are now wearing Azdgari clothing, we've quarentined your clothes, too many hidden weapons and tools that could be risky. You'll get them back if we decide to trust you. This is Fianca, our leader. she wants to talk to you. I'll be back later."
"I'm Fianca, formerly second in command. We've gone Awal from the Azdgari govt, we're what you'd call 'freedom fighters'. Who are you?"

------------------
"And as the Darkness descends, do you follow the light, or embrace the darkness?"
~Diane Kinsman
(little known philosopher, early 21st century)
(they start feeling the prisoners helpless, 'til someone comes along on a mission and yells "*****"

"****, that hurt." Yenn moaned. "And what do you mean, who am I? I'm just a mercenary... wait, why do I have to tell you?"

"First of all, you don't HAVE to tell us, but then there's nothing stopping us from ejecting you out into space without a suit. We will pay you well... if we hire you. Now, I want to know everything about you."

"Good point. Well, lets see. My name is Yenn Caer. I'm pretty good at faking attacks and such- with the right money. I am part Azdgari, part Igdzara, and part human. Well, my grandparents... bah, I don't know. I'm just a "mixed breed", if you will. I was born..." Yenn suddenly frowned.
"Actually, I don't know where I was born. In fact, I don't remember anything before I was 20." He shruged.
"Oh well. Oh wait, yeah, theres one more thing I'm good at." He grinned.
"Lying."
------------------
"I'm gonna drop you like Third Period French!"
-Ocean's 11

(This message has been edited by grunadulater (edited 06-28-2002).)

(This message has been edited by grunadulater (edited 06-28-2002).)

Cheble
After emerging victorious from the battle, the Strand League were greatly dismayed to learn that the Teh'Rak had already been forced to surrender to the Horosk. With the Star-Docks disabled but otherwise intact, they raided the planet and were able to retrieve numerous Teh'Rak technologies - anti-matter weaponry and the TEP being the foremost among them. Bound by the Galactic Community, Aluyiel andher Igadzran counterpart left the rest of Cheble intact and returned to the Arkadi system to regroup and rearm.

(From: Aluyiel of the ZSN, A.W. Force)
(To: Horosk 2nd Grand Navy)

We are displeased by the Teh'Rak's surrender, but recognise that you were only in accordance to plans. I will warn you, however, that we will only leave the Valanor for your pickings. The Strand League have very special plans for Tronoak, Thalleon and Gamaera which involve death and destruction foremost.

If you're looking for a little light entertainment, I'd advise, personally, you pay more attention to your own galaxy. I mean no insult, but we tend to get unexplicably annoyed with people who steal our "kills". It's silly, of course, but unavoidable.

Apologies that you were denied the fight - we've sent you the readings from ours if its of any interest to you.

-Aluyiel, ZSN Commodore

(end transmission)

Gateway
Ministry of Defence Headquarters, Celestion Tower, overlooking the Threshold

“They’ll be making the appearance at the Threshold in about fifteen minutes, sir,” the competent-looking Igadzran officer stated formally, standing to attention.

“At ease, Ryianos. If I didn’t know better, I’d say that Federation formality is rubbing off on you,” replied the Igadzran he was addressing, who was sunk into a comfortable chair behind a spartan desk in a spartan room, his eyes shadowed with a lack of sleep and his voice wearied.

“No, sir,” replied the officer with a perfectly straight face. “I assure you it is not.”

“The name’s Lariat. Pleased to meet you,” the weary Igadzran replied with a faint smile, offering his hand mockingly.

“Apologies, sir Lariat,” the officer answered again, still without the faintest trace of humour in his face. Lariat was about the push the matter further, when he realised that it was of little use. The officer was a member of the Ministry of Defence rather than actually part of any Igadzra division, and he’d noted numerous times that the Ministries kept to a firm and rather silly formality, for some reason he had yet to fathom.

Lariat sighed deeply, more out of a combination of fatigue and worry than of any annoyance at the officer’s behaviour. He leaned back further, almost disappearing into the high backed seat marked with the emblem of the Igadzra and the ensignia of the Strand League. “Everything in place?” The officer nodded. “Don’t just nod at me, man!” Lariat spat out. “What’s the situation?”

“ICO agents are in position all over Gateway, and scouts are making patrols regularly throughout the distrada. Lockdown has already occured - no-one else will be coming in.” The officer’s reply was as seemingly without emotion as before, although Lariat began to suspect that his crisp tone of voice was his own way of hiding his worry.

“They’re already inside, then, or else they’re very stupid,” Lariat noted. “What about the Threshold itself?”

“As ordered, agents are spread out across the Threshold, equipped with personnel sensors. Any energy weapons they managed to sneak past will be picked up immediately.”

“Our security is too tight... there’s no way they could have managed to get a weapon into the Threshold, and since we swept the entire area clean beforehand, nothing was already there. What are they up to?” Lariat muttered to himself.

The reply came from the third Igadzran in the room, a muscular man beginning to show slight signs of the end of his long prime. Unlike Lariat, he wore the uniform of his position as a general, leader of the 59th IMA battalion. “Their position on Tetra-Alpha was not a particularly tactially apt one, especially since information of their movement was picked up so easily. I’d assume that they never intended to remain on Tetra-Alpha and then move into position for the beginning of festival. That could have very well been a ploy to keep us from looking too closely at our own internal ranks.”

“It’s what I would do,” Lariat mused, “but it’s impossible.”

“And why’s that?”

“There are no spies within our ranks,” Lariat replied confidently.

The general simply looked at him, for some time. “Commander Lariat, I apologise in advance for what I am about to say, but you are naďve when things become any more detailed than the battlefield, and idealistic on top of that. I assure you, it would be quite possible for a spy to exist within our ranks. Perhaps not so for the major military divisions, but have you considered the Magistrate’s Militia? Or the personal guard of the Council of Four? How about the Ministry of D...” The general broke off with a glance at the lower officer, a lieutenant, from the Ministry. “...well, anyway.”

Lariat was immensely grateful to the Ministry’s overtraining of their officers for once, when the lieutenant said absolutely nothing. “Perhaps, perhaps,” Lariat replied doubtfully, “in which case, it’s already too late. The Council of Four will be making their appearance any time now. They’ll be... eight elite guards present, as well as a representative from each Ministry and two ambassadors from the Igadzra and Zidagar domestic political departments. And a crack troop from each division.” Lariat ticked each group off as he said it. “Twenty two, then. Plus the Council itself.”

“And the lower members of the Strand League tribunal will make an apperance later on, as well as various other officials,” the general added, deep in thought. “We’ve prepared for as much as we can, and as is always said in the IMA, if you can’t predict something, take every precaution possible and then ignore it.”

“The IGNA prefer trying to predict everything, I’ve found,” Lariat replied.

“Doesn’t that get difficult now and then?”

“We like a challenge.”

“Apparently so.”

Lariat paused to stand up to look out of the large window out onto the Threshold beyond. From the activity at its centre, it was quite apparent that the Council were about to make their appearance and thus start the festival. Without turning, he spoke to the general. “Would you mind getting over to the Alakryon Tower as quickly as possible to make sure your sniper know what he’s doing? Ask him to keep his sights on the western column of elite guards if he would do so.”

“I suppose you’re taking the sniper here?” the general questioned him critically.

“I can shoot as well as he, I bet.”

“It’s a she.”

“Well, I guess that’s a different matter...” Lariat muttered to himself.

Gateway
The Threshold

The Threshold lay at the very centre of the Gateway, and was, at least to the public, the place where everything happened. Surrounded by a complex of towers and domes, the Threshold was a flat disc three miles in diameter, with something vaguely resembling a stage jutting out in the centre, almost as high as the towers surrounding the entire area, with the exception of four - Alakryon and Celestion being the northern and southern of those - which soared above all. It was from this “stage”, at the centre of the Threshold, that the Council of Four, leaders of the United Strand League of New Gadzair, made their appearance, accompanied by a number of mostly ceremonial figures.

When the crowd had once again returned to quiet after a long and deafening cheer, the first among the Council of Four, one of the few Triunes alive, began to speak, his voice carried by technological means to the mass in the Threshold.

“Igadzrans, Zidagar, citizens of the United Strand League of New Gadzair. I am pleased to announce to you today that upon this day, twenty years ago, the Strand League was formed in the union of the Zidagar and Igadzra. Twenty years ago marked the beginning of the greatest alliance in existance - two Strands of Gadzair finally laid aside their ancient emnities for the good of this galaxy. The Strand League has only grown in power and reputation over its comparatively few years, and now I can proudly say that we are fastest advancing government in the history of the Milky Way and Large Megellanic Cloud. Mention not the Federation Alliance - for even they must now admit that we are easily their equals in everything they hold to be important, without the need for obscene taxes or a hereditory “democracy” to do so. I predict this: in another twenty years, the Strand League could be the most powerful and prominent government in all the galaxies ever discovered.”

“Note that I said ‘could be’, however - because this festival is not simply rejoice of the Strand League’s twenty years, but is also important as it marks another event. The end of the Strand League as we know it. My friends, you all know of what I speak. We have shown this galaxy what we are capable of, and it is now time for us to let it go - and in that help make the dream of all free governments in the LArge Megellanic Cloud come true.”

“The Galactic Community has been formed, and in that one formation lies the greatest change for the good we shall face in this millenia. However, the Galactic Community is still little more than a glorified alliance. It has yet to reach its full potential - it has yet to become the true Galactic Community. One step must be crossed before it can reach that. Our petty differences must be put aside for the greater good of each other. And thus I ask you to allow me to resign as council member, and to allow the Strand League to become the Galactic Community.”

“Put aside your fears; put aside your doubts; put aside all that stands in the way of greatness. This is a bold step, but no bolder than we made twenty years ago. We will change nothing - in the same way that nothing really changed in the formation of the Strand League. The Zidagar keep their own laws, customs and religions, as do the Igadzra. The Strand League simply unifies them -- and so will the Galactic Community.”

Gateway
Celestion Tower

Lariat looked out of the Celestion tower, neural sniper waiting for any sign of an attempt on the life of the Council. He already knew everything that was being said, so he was not so much distracted by the shocking announcement being made. He was, however, becoming quite frustrated. No sign had been made of an attempt on their lives. Minutes passed, and Lariat began to realise slowly, but with increasing surety, that no attempt was to be made. When the speech was over and the Council of Four disappeared, Lariat found himself cursing. He knew it was somewhat strange that he was so disappointed that nothing had been attempted, but the fact that it hadn’t meant he could not yet sleep - not until the assassins were caught.

Hurling his sniper angrily on the ground, Lariat straightened, pushing away the weariness created by days of work. If they were to strike, it would be before the second appearance in the Nexus or during it. For now, the situation was, hopefully, safe, though.

(From: Council of Four, Gateway)
(To: Miranu, Azdgari, Kayan Governments)

No doubt the news of our announcement will soon flood through your space. A general vote will be cast all throughout Strand League space, as although we are not entirely as democratic as perhaps our friends the Kayans may be, we will not make such a decision without consulting the populace.

However, as of now, our shipyards are open to your demands. By examining your fleet construction requirements, we are proud to announce that the Azdgari will be able to build 8000 more vessels with our shipyards, the Kayans and Miranu 9000 due to their lighter vessels.

Due to events that will follow with the change of government, we will be unable to make any major actions over the next few months, and likely research will not be advanced much. I assure you, as part of the Galactic Community feel free to commandeer our forces if we are unable to respond in time.

Our military forces will meet soon and discuss their future within the Galactic Community, preferably as a form of judicial force for you all. Until a vote can be held, Lariat of the IGNA will stand as Interim First Judicator, as the highest ranking military official within our ranks.

Thank you,
Council of Four

(end transmission)

Athena
Ionar blushed at Dr. Kalin's comment, overwhelmed by the entire situation. "We produce the kyhdronium artificially, and thus the impurity is for the most part none - at least, not at the production stage. I'm not positive as to the actual procedure involved in making kyhdronium sheets, although I don't believe it's very complicated."

"The next stage will be finding something we can use to make kyhdronium stronger, and therefore create an effective armour for use on our ships. Kydronium is Proton-287, developed with an elemental synthesiser and, surprisingly, absolutely stable. It's not very strong at all, however. If our calculations are in anyway correct, a very stable and suitable element would be Proton-337, if we establish the right structure." He paused. "It could take some time, and we won't be able to start for a while, I don't think. It would be extremely beneficial, however."

*Technology

Pailgun Railgun Upgrade / P-Rail: 7/10 -halted-
Kayan Supercruiser: 6/18
Hyper-velocity Rocket: 6/12

5 Aries Colonisation: 2/4

*Naval Stats

ZSN: 238,500
IGNA: 238,500
IXD: 50,000
ZEN: 120,000
(Special: 1500 Igazradas)

------------------
-Lyat Esponer Corsair

(This message has been edited by SilverDragon (edited 06-28-2002).)

Unknown Location
The giant cloaked supercruiser sped through space, and finally drifted into the NSI-007X system, and minus a few drifting asteroids, it was completely alone.

Fianca laughed and turned around.. "Oh, everybody laugh! We have a comedian here!" She turned around to the merc and held a neutron pistol agains his chin.
"I'm not in the mood for laughs. Don't screw with us, whoever you are. We have no use for you, but if we don't hire you, we will kill you to prevent you from working for our enemies. Now, we don't need your information. What will it take? What do you want? We can give you weapon designs.. Do you want credits? We got a billion credits that we probably wont be spending. "
Fianca draws the pistol away from the merc.
"We'll call you Yenn, whether thats your name or not.. Don't lie to us, or we will kill you. We learned one thing from being rebels to the Azdgari, and because of it we don't ask questions of people accused of treason."
---------------------------
Azdgari
"Sir, no sign of the rebels."
"It's for the best, since a patrol fleet couldn't handle a cloaked supercruiser..."
"O..k... next topic, the arada outfit is complete, all our aradas are now armed to the teeth with phased-neutron beamers. They should be much more powerful."
"Good.. We'll need them. What technologies did the Rebels get away with?"
"As far as we know, they were responsible for the kidnapping of the merc we had in Sheaghi... they also have phased-neutron turrets, cannons, shielding systems, maneuverability upgrades, SAI, all old techs, and possibly others. We can't be sure. They also have one tachyonic generator and a cloak, that were both on the cruiser already."
"damn... we'll have our hands full...."
-----------------------------------
Research and Development
Arada Refit- 4/4 posts (completed)
Supercruiser A.R.S. Redchigh Repairs and Refit-6/7 posts
------------------
"And as the Darkness descends, do you follow the light, or embrace the darkness?"
~Diane Kinsman
(they start feeling the prisoners helpless, 'til someone comes along on a mission and yells "*****"

------------------
~Diane Kinsman

Yenn smiled.
"Now, what I want for the reward is going to depend on what my job is... Unless, of course, you can make the billion creds my new bank account? Yes, that would be good. Now, whats my job?"

"You need to find an government to ally with us. You must look in both galaxies."

"No sweat. What ship do I get?"

"This." She walks Yenn over to a hanger and shows him a large escape pod.

"Your kidding." Fianca takes out her gun again and puts it on his back.

"No, I'm not. Thats what your flying." Yenn turned around and backed away from the gun.

"Look, how about this. Fly me to Lavrii Prime... drop me off there, and I'll bring you back a present. Don't worry, Miss. Renegade, it will be a good one." Suddenly his eyes widened.
"Ow?" There was a loud thump as Yenn fell unconcious to the ground.

------------------
"I'm gonna drop you like Third Period French!"
-Ocean's 11

Azure, as she was now known, saw the events of the Strand League unfold on her terminal screen. Hah! Another dictatorship hiding behind the mask of democracy. They must be weeded out, in time
She thought of what was left of the Eagle's Children in Azdgari space. Very probably they had all been killed; possibly some had survived, engaging in petty terrorism. It did not, of course, matter to Azure at this point; the Eagle's Children could have no impact upon her here, so far from Azdgari space.

Elsewhere on Lavrii Prime, Kai'asi was fretting over the lack of response from the Kayan Alliance. "We will have to begin the Claw Torpedo on our own, then." he told Ai'siu. "It will put us back a distance, but if we hope to defeat the Thalleon and Tronoak, we will have to move reasonably soon."
Ai'siu nodded. "I will inform the scientists." she said.

New Technology : Claw Torpedo : 15/15
Utilising the Talon Torpedo technology, the Claw Torpedo was meant to use the Kayan Enhanced Defence Pod as it's primary warhead, but work has proceeded without that. It is composed of two parts; the forward, primary warhead, in essence a massively enlarged Talon Torpedo, engineered to do it's greatest damage to shields. Once it hit, the four submunition Talon Torpedos riding on the tail of the primary warhead would break off, hitting the shieldless hull to do damage to the armour. The Claw Torpedo was expected to revolutionise the war against the Akrahd.

------------------
(url="http://"http://www.geocities.com/shades_shipyard")Shade's Shipyard(/url), the source for your ship needs.

Horosk Prime
Horosk R &D; Initiative Report
Examinations of the tachyonic shielding gained from the Kayans has shown several possibilities, along with several problems. The biggest advantage being that this technology would almost double current Horosk shield capabilities, while the biggest problem would be reducing armour levels to almost nothing. However, energy armour has shown a way to get past this problem. While preliminary tests have shown a fully active energy armour matrix still disrupts the layout of tachyonic shields, their is no reason the matrix must be fully active while shields are up. Due to experiments with the Energy Matrix Computer, it is possible to change the 'format' of the energy armour instantly. Thus, it is believed it would be possible to have the energy armour matrix generated in a form that would actually boost the tachyonic shield matrix even further. Despite this advancement, military still wishes for its ships to have heavy actual armour. Tests show that a proton matrix may be best adaptable to this situation with current technology. From what the Horosk learnt making the Proton Matrix weapons technology, and the Horosks deep understanding of replication, success is expected once resources are diverted to this task.

--------

Message To: Angien
Message From: Horosk Union
Subject: Azdgari government
Encrypted
We have decided to support you in your endeavours. Please enter the Caple system, and you will find a Teh'Rak battlefleet waiting, only in need of a crew. We will loan this to you until you have succeeded. We will deploy defence platforms in locations you specify. If you wish, a team of engineers will be sent with an EMC to replace your computer core. Respond quickly.
Message Ends

--------

Message To: Asani Coalition - Saerrin Councilor's Office
Message From: Horosk Union
Subject: Asani Pirates
Encrypted
The Horosk would welcome an opportunity to deal with the Pirates once and for all. We have recently finished construction of a ship which should make subduing them easier. When you are ready to begin the assault, please contact us.
Message Ends

--------

Projects
Fleet Refit
ETA:4 posts

Teh'Rak Shipyard Update
In order to bring the Teh'Rak shipyards upto Horosk standards, they are to be updated with Horosk technology. For the most part, this will merely involve increasing the shipyard production with Teh'Rak capable ships, although the shipyards now directly under Horosk control will be refitted for pure Horosk ships. ETA:5 posts

Other
Ujulak'Tak Colonisation
ETA:1 posts

--------

------------------
If someone makes a mistake, it is not my fault. I will however use it to my advantage.

Trytee

(From: Council of Four, Executive Transport Vessel)
(To: Kayan Union)

The Horosk's request to join the Galactic Community as a non-voting member must be considered carefully, I beg of you. They are not from the Large Megellanic Cloud, and there is much that we do not know of them. A few years in which they have proved mostly trustworthy may not be enough to judge them on.

As it will likely come down to a democratic vote between members, however, there is little we can do except ask you to consider some possible consequences. A general vote will be held within the Zidagar and Igadzra's seperate councils, as this matter does not need to be taken to the general public like the last one.

Your relationships with the Lavrii worry us. Our general populace view them with extreme distaste for not only breaking one of the great laws, but of actively being proud of it - the creation of sentient beings, as slaves. We should consider this in more detail later. Please take note of the main communication that follows.

Thank-you.

(end transmission)

(From: The Former Strand League)
(To: All Members of the Galactic Community)

The people have voted 89% in agreement with the Strand League dissolving, and thus as of this moment, they no longer exist. The Zidagar and Igadzra governments will continue as they are, and all former Strand League space can now be considered territory of the Galactic Community as a whole.

All Strand League shipyards are available to be used by any member of the Galactic Community. The Strand League military power will, if you agree, become a judicial response force for you all. Please respond to inform us if this will be adequate, and send your message to Interim First Judicator Kain Lariat. The military force will be formalised soon.

Thank-you all.

(end transmission)

Cintrial
With the Kayan Supercruiser subassemblies completed, the P-rail project had been given the go ahead for continuation. During the time gap, scientists had been able to consider exactly what it was they were to build, and they had perfected earlier ideas. P-rails were to be turreted and placed on a track to get around the problem of the forward firing particle railgun syndrome, as it was so delicately put by officers in command. By gathering various methods of doing so, from existing knowledge of the Horosk, schematics from Teh'Rak ships and designs from half a dozen other governments, they had a good idea how to do so without comprising space too much.

A recent simulation had shown stunning results. In a battle between 750 Igazradas and an attack force of 5,000 basic Akrahd ships, over half of their number were destroyed before they managed to close in, and the rest were finished off quickly. P-rails also proved very effective at close range - devastatingly so, in fact. There was even some mention of P-rails replacing duelbeam, although it wasn't taken very seriously.

*Technology

Pailgun Railgun Upgrade / P-Rail: 6/10
Kayan Supercruiser: 5/18 -complete-
Hyper-velocity Rocket: 5/12

5 Aries Colonisation: 1/4

*Naval Stats

ZSN: 242,500
IGNA: 242,500

------------------
-Lyat Esponer Corsair

The votes had been completed, and 63% of military and diplomatic corps officials were in favor of the trade with the Lavrii - just enough to authorize it. Now Prime Minister Kyala sat in his office, holding the last message from the Strand League (now Igadzra and Zidagar). Your relationships with the Lavrii worry us. Our general populace view them with extreme distaste for not only breaking one of the great laws, but of actively being proud of it - the creation of sentient beings, as slaves. He simply kept reading that passage over and over again, not sure what to make of it. If these accusations were true, it might change the Kayan viewpoint of the Lavrii, because perhaps the greatest Kayan law was this: "Do no harm to your own people, and unless attacked, to do no harm to your neighbors." For now, though, Kyala had to act on the information he had and the vote results he had on his desk. He duly wrote out a message to the Lavrii.

Message to the Lavrii
Point of Origin: Office of the Prime Minister, New Kayia, Galactica

The results of our vote are in, and our diplomatic and military corps have approved the trade of Enhanced Defense Pod for the Talon Torpedo. Though I am seriously troubled by accusations the Igadzra and Zidagar have made about your use of sentient beings as slaves, I have no reason to deny or stop this trade. You have been nothing but friends to us, and we want to help you defend yourselves against the Akrahd clans. The trade is formally accepted, we will trade you our Enhanced Defense Pods in return for your Talon Torpedo. We must ask that you keep these designs fully to yourselves, and never share them with any other race.

Message Ends

---

"Now to wrestle with the Horosk issue," Kyala said to nobody in particular. The Horosk had requested admission to GalCom as a non-voting member, and again the Strand League had warned against it. Luckily for him, the solution here was much more obvious. After contacting the other four GalCom races, Kyala wrote a message to the Horosk.

###Message to the Horosk, Teh'Rak Space Contingient###
###Point of Origin: Office of the Prime Minister, New Kayia, Galactica###

This is far too large a decision for us alone to make. We have forwarded your request for Galactic Community membership to the other four members of GalCom (OOC: Miranu, Igadzra, Zidagar, and Azdgari now know about the Horosk request) , and together we will come to a consensus and respond when we have reached it. You have our support, but we are not sure how the other races of GalCom will respond. We will keep you updated.

###Message Ends###

---

Now a message to the Igadzra and Zidagar was in order, so Kyala got right to work on that message as well.

~~~Point of origin: Office of the Prime Minister, New Kayia, Galactica~~~  

We thank you for the help you've given us in constructing our supercruiser, and for the use of your shipyards with which you have provided us. If yous should ever need the use of Kayan shipyards, then we would be glad to reciprocate. The accusations you have brought against the Lavrii are troubling to say the least. We will keep a close watch on this issue - no doubt it will become a matter of discussion for GalCom in the not too distant future.  

Your decision to become purely the Galactic Community and act as a judicial response force has our full support, and we will help you do defend the Galactic Community here within our borders. May the Galactic Community have a bright and peaceful future.  

~~~Message Ends~~~  

\---  

The flight of the Shield Ram Firefly prototype went off without a hitch, until the power relays burnt out about forty-five minutes into the test flight. Examination by the engineers involved determined that the power conduits used were incompatible with the Shield Ram power supply, and would need to be replaced with ones able to contain higher frequencies. They had not anticipated such a high power requirement, due in part to the interaction between the shield ram and tachyonic shields. The protopype was returned to Kayla to be repaired and readied for a second test flight.  

\---  

Kayan Construction Update:  
Build the one and only Kayan Supercruiser: 18 posts, 4 remaining  
Use Energy Matrix Computer to increase shipyard production: 7 posts, 6 remaining  

Colonization:  
Base/shipyard in Mar'Nath - 6 posts, 3 remaining  

\------------------  
_"One day you'll find your whole life has changed - act quick, be brave, your heart will show you the way"_   

Teh'Rak Space - Teh'Rak News Network
Following the formalisation of relations with the Horosk, and the Horosks statement of supporting the Teh'Rak Clan as the first clan of the Akrahd, a new war leader is expected to be announced soon to lead the fight against the Valanor. After being saved by the Horosk from destruction by the Strand League, opinion polls show that 98% of the populace support the Horosks help against the other clans.

--------

Message To: Office of the Prime Minister - New Kayia - Galactica
Message From: Horosk Union - Teh'Rak Base
Subject: GalCom
We thank you for your support, and we hope the other GalCom members are as supportive.
Message Ends

--------

Projects
Fleet Refit
ETA:3 posts

Teh'Rak Shipyard Update
ETA:4 posts

Other
Ujulak'Tak Colonisation
ETA:Completed

Ujulak'Tau Colonisation
Furthering the Horosk expansion, the system of Ujulak'Tau is being colonised. It contains nothing remarkable apart from places that can be colonised. ETA:5 posts

--------

------------------

Moderator: Arkanok
Arkanok Beta

With the battle in S-5277 lost, Arkanok Beta was soon to be under attack by the Valanor. Fully aware of the dangers involved, the Arkanok had almost completely abandoned Arkanok Beta of civilian population, and were preparing for a fullscale military battle over the system. It was risky, but they hoped to defeat the Valanor there - and if they failed, all would be lost.

With the upgrades to the defences of the system soon to be completed, they could only hope that their military force would survive long enough. While they would still be outnumbered, they would have the advantage of being on the defensive.

The plasma launcher program had been cancelled with the upcoming battle, as it had been realised there was simply not enough time for such an operation.

(From: Arkanok)
(To: Gamaera)

We are lost now -- the Valanor have begun a fullscale invasion and there is no chance of us surviving. In the name of the Akrahd, destroy these foul vermins, and let us hold them from sending reinforcements! Put an end to them, for we cannot.

(end transmission)

*Naval Stats
275,000 ships total at beginning of post
20,000 lost
5,000 built
240,000 ships total at end of post

Arkanok Beta: 240000 ships
All others: empty

*Technology

Enhance Arkanok Beta's Defence: 2/3

------------------
-Lyat Esponer Corsair

(This message has been edited by SilverDragon (edited 06-29-2002).)

Cerberus

(From: New Igadzra Union, Gateway)

We will always support the Galactic Community in any way we can. The New Igadzra Union is extremely proud to be a member of the most powerful and just alliance in the history of known space. Should you ever be in need of our services, do not hesitate to ask of us. We only govern the Igadzran populace of our space - our shipyards will always be open to your requests.

I hope that a new age of peace and prosperity will come of the Galactic Community.

(end transmission)

Titan

(From: Zidagar Republic, Nexus)

It is a pleasure to be working with you. Our space will be eternally welcome to you, and all our military establishments are available to you. Please note that our current navies will be part of the Galactic Community's judicial force.

On the matter of the Lavrii, I believe it would be extremely profitable if we could hold a meeting over this matter, and have the Lavrii present to reply. Their actions are strictly in breach of the Zidagar's code of morals, but I am positive some form of agreement can be reached.

On a side-note, where will the Galactic Community's headquarters be located? I assume the headquarters of their judicial force will be based at the Silverbridge in Persephone.

(end transmission)

The transport ship, escorted heavily, landed on the Nexus, and the Council of Four were escorted to suitable chambers in preparation of their second public appearance. Military guard was, not surprisingly, extremely heavy, although Lariat, who had previously been in charge of defence, had been asked to rest and leave the situation to the council member's elite guards, against his better judgement.

The actual appearance had been postponed by several days due to the fear of an assassination attempt, although it had been carefully phrased as; "technical errors."

*Technology

Pailgun Railgun Upgrade / P-Rail: 5/10
Hyper-velocity Rocket: 4/12

5 Aries Colonisation: 0/4
6 Aries Colonisation: 4/4

*Naval Stats

ZSN: 246,000
IGNA: 256,000

------------------
-Lyat Esponer Corsair

(This message has been edited by SilverDragon (edited 06-30-2002).)

Horosk Union LMC News Network
Today the Horosk announced the end of Martial Law on all planets and facilities once used by the Pirate factions in the LMC. They announced the formation of the Independant Alliance, a free coalition of worlds centered on the old Pirates systems. Elections are already being held, and the first President of the Alliance is expected to be announced soon. Horosk government officials have already stated their full commitement to this endeavour, and promise a close alliance with the IA. More reports are expected later on this development.

--------

Projects
Fleet Refit
ETA:2 posts

Teh'Rak Shipyard Update
ETA:3 posts

Other
Ujulak'Tau Colonisation
Furthering the Horosk expansion, the system of Ujulak'Tau is being colonised. It contains nothing remarkable apart from places that can be colonised. ETA:4 posts

--------

------------------

"Well, it looks like the Kayans decided to send us the Enhanced Defence Pod after all." Kai'asi mused. "Send it to Lavrii Nebulae, will you Ai'siu? This ought to boost our schedule somewhat."

(message to: Kayan Alliance)
(message fr: Lavrii Union)
(message re: tech trade)
We thank you for the Enhanced Defence Pod; attached is the schematics for the Talon Torpedo. The designs of course shall not pass from our hands.
As to the accusations the former Strand League has made; the Lavrii Union does not engage in, and does not condone, slavery. The former Strand League nations are clearly mistaken as to the nature and social standing of the Vaesk.
(message ends)

Claw Torpedo : 11/15

------------------
(url="http://"http://www.angelfire.com/mac/bluesuedecat/")Shade's Shipyard(/url), the source for your ship needs.
The Universe does not care whether we sin or not; sin is meaningless to the Universe. The Universe does not care whether we exist or not; our existence is meaningless to the Universe. We simply are; ergo cognito sum. I think, therefore I am. And I want to know why that is. - Me

(This message has been edited by Shade (edited 06-29-2002).)

OOC-

Holiday season, so I'll let it pass that this is much slower than RoC3 was. 😛

Would everyone who will be going on holiday soon say such before they go? It's going to be an... interesting... month. <grins>

I'll be gone this Saturday for two weeks.

------------------
-Lyat Esponer Corsair

<sigh>
Deleted

(This message has been edited by grunadulater (edited 07-02-2002).)

<<News Broadcast>>
The Polls for the Independent Alliance have at last ended. The New Head is U.E. Admiral. In other news....
<broadcast continues as usual>

------------------
Insanity has its advantages