Reign of Chaos 3 - Chapter VII

K'Sarragh groaned at the Raiek message. Could they not see that cooperation was needed to save all the races?
Without it, the Raiek would fall. And maybe that was the best solution for it.
If they survived the upcoming Prylak War, the Raiek could never destroy the Skraine- the Senn power which had destroyed their ancestors when the Prylak first tried to enter Eta Cassiopea, embodied in the Defender of Hope , would always prevail.

(to:Rhai'ek)
(fr:Skraine)
(I ask you to reconsider. Cooperation is your only hope against the Prylak, and you cannot hope to conquer us. Watcher Protects.
It took this calamity for us to see that you are (i)not(/i) Prylak; you are not our enemies.
We forgive you for the bonds of blood which tie you to your Prylak ancestors; in return, we ask that you forgive us for the agression we showed against forces we thought were Prylak.
The Skraine were young and foolish then; now we are older, and wiser.
Consider our offer- it is your only hope if you wish to survive the attentions of your vengeful ancestors.)

In other news, all Skraine warships are now equipped with hyperlattice weapons.
Work is beginning on integrating the Galactica Grav Lens into the Hyperlattice Projector systems, increasing their range.
------------------
Hyperlattice Web: 5 posts
Hyperlattice Upgrade: complete
Baelrog Dreadnaught: 19 posts
Grav Hyperlattice: 6 posts

------------------
(url="http://"http://www.geocities.com/shades_shipyard")Shade's Shipyard(/url), the source for your ship needs.

Emperor BattleDoctor, pleased upon hearing Carnotaurs acceptance of Galactica terms, responded. "The initial task force will arrive shortly, and begin training with your system defences. Freighters will arrive shortly after to begin construction on appropriate asteroids.

"Now, if you have nothing further to discuss, I must return to Jupiter Base"

--------

Armour placement: Completed

Armour Upgrade Research: Completed

Upgrades:

While Galactica wished to upgrade all of its current Shrike Fighters to the new hull, to do so would require more resources than actually building an entire new fleet of them. Therefore the current ships will just be upgraded to have an outer hull of neutronium, rather than a complete replacement. ETA:3 posts

Research:

While the new neutronium production methods are far more efficient than they where, a lot of waste material is produced. 80% of this waste has only minor defects, and it looks like Sijak nanotech may be able to help. The nanobots should be able to fix the defects, and provide a larger supply. This process will take some time to refine. The highest priority, after 'fixing' the neutronium, will be to ensure all nanobots are removed from the material, or destroyed after processing. ETA:6 posts

Nemesis-class Dreadnought: 20 Posts

------------------
If someone makes a mistake, it is not my fault. I will however use it to my advantage.

Carnotaur nodded. "There is actually one other thing I would like to discuss.

"Early warning of Prylak attacks would be instrumental in preparing a defense of our systems. Though our sensor nets can detect things in our own systems and some nearby systems, it would be prudent to start work on a much more expansive sensor net.

"That is why Confederate scientists are preparing to start work on a new sensor net, code named the Delphi Sensor Net. It would consist of the following; at least one satellite, hidden in sub-space like our Firestorm Drones, equipped with the latest sensor and scanning equiment onboard in every single system in the known Milky Way galaxy. This would allow for us to monitor everything that went on in the Milky Way, and would allow us to tell far ahead of time if the Prylak began an invasion.

"Research shouldn't take too long, but actually constructing it would be hard for just one of us to do. I suggest a join construction effort. What do you think of that?"

-------------------------

Dreden System Enlargement
ETA: 5 Posts

Balrog-class Dreadnaught
ETA: 18 Posts

Trans-Phasic Weaponry
ETA: 15 Posts

------------------
If at first you don't succeed...Hit it harder! - Me
--------------
Millennium. Its coming, prepare for it.
Coming to the (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiaSW.com/games/ev/chronicles.html")EV Chronicles(/url).

Emperor BattleDoctor considerd the Confederates proposal. "Galactica has already deployed sensor nets in most of its old systems. Should you deploy your own system, it would provide even better coverage of the galaxy. While your sensors are not as advanced as ours, they should prove effective.

"If you wish, Galactica will help with the construction of your sensor satelites. For our defence of your systems, we would expect access to the new sensor network."

--------

In Jupiter Base, a scientist looking over hyperdrives suddenly realised something so obvious, and so simple, that his so called superiors may not be for much longer.

--------

Upgrades:

Shrike Upgrade. ETA:2 posts

Research:

Neutronium refinement. ETA:5 posts

Nemesis-class Dreadnought: 19 Posts

------------------
If someone makes a mistake, it is not my fault. I will however use it to my advantage.

(This message has been edited by RMA (edited 02-15-2002).)

"Of course!" Carnotaur replied. "You would have full access to the sensor nets whenever you wanted. If you helped us research the sensor nets, then your scanning technology would greatly improve the effeciancy of the system. We will report to you when we begin research, at which time you may aid us in that area if you wish.

"We'd also like to know if your ally the Raiek is willing to cooperate. Seeing from their dislike of our own ally, the Skraine, I'm not too sure about that."

---------------

ETA: 4 Posts

Balrog-class Dreadnaught
ETA: 17 Posts

Trans-Phasic Weaponry
ETA: 14 Posts

------------------
--------------
Coming to the (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiaSW.com/games/ev/chronicles.html")EV Chronicles(/url).

Emperor BattleDoctor considered the reports he had read before the talks with the Confederation began, and replied. "I believe the Raiek will cooperate against the Prylak. They are angry towards the Skraine for the repeated destruction of their peace efforts in the past. As long as no demanding requests are made, they will help Galactica, and in turn everyone, against the Prylak."

--------

Upgrades:

Shrike Upgrade. ETA:1 posts

Research:

Neutronium refinement. ETA:4 posts

Nemesis-class Dreadnought: 18 Posts

------------------

Carnotaur nodded and then stood. "Well, that is all that I wanted to speak with you about, "he said, shaking the hand of Battledoctor. "I hope that our alliance may last for many years to come, and that the threat the Prylak pose will soon end, so that full peace can be restored to this galaxy."

--------------

The scout fleet in The Pocket was finally given the go-ahead, and one by one they began to enter the jumpgate. Zipping through space at unimaginable speeds, the fleet of 50 ships finally found themselves in a system in the far off Andromeda.

As their crews beheld this strange and wonderous galaxy, which seemed like one big nebula, the Confederate sensor crews were already going to work. Scanning nearby systems for any planets or places where bases could be established, the Confederate ships spread out, but then quickly returned to the Jumpgate when they detected the energy signature of a Prylak vessel nearby.

They would stay in Andromeda as long as they could until they were forced to leave, and during that time they would map hyperspace links and systems, all of which would help in the offensive to come.

--------------

ETA: 3 Posts

Balrog-class Dreadnaught
ETA: 16 Posts

Trans-Phasic Weaponry
ETA: 13 Posts

------------------
--------------

Emperor BattleDoctor, hearing the platitudes of the Confederates, decided it would be best to set the Confederates mind at ease. "Our alliance will last against the Prylak, and against all others who dare attack. Our partneship should be fruitful."

With that done, the Emperor headed for his ship, and then for Jupiter Base. He would be a lot safer there.

--------

Upgrades:

Shrike Upgrade. ETA:Completed

Galactica has begun moving civilians into the Proxima Nebula, into hastily built accomadation. Galactica is now beggining a full scale construction effort to ensure its citizens are kept safe. Accomadations will be revamped and expanded. Military outposts will be installed in the many asteroids, and bases for Shrike Fighter squadrons will be outfitted. Shipyards to build the Shrike Fighters, relieving larger shipyards for ships needed for the defence of other outposts. ETA:8 posts

Research:

Neutronium refinement. ETA:3 posts

Nemesis-class Dreadnought: 17 Posts

(Edit:Things can still go on(you wont get this if you missed the first edit).)

------------------

(This message has been edited by RMA (edited 02-15-2002).)

(This message has been edited by RMA (edited 02-16-2002).)