Reign of Chaos 3 - Chapter V

(Message to Moiraine, Tribunal)
(High Level Encryption)
(From Carnotaur, Confederacy)
(Yes, the designs to the Anti-Gravity engines have been included in this message. We hope that you will use them wisely, and that the friendship between our two peoples will prosper.)
(End Message)

The Confederate and Haorn fleets have been readied for battle. The Confed fleet, composed of 500 vessels, headed off to attack Niot. The Haorn attacked Krraali with 1,600 ships (the other 200 ships went with the Confeds).

As the Confeds (with their Haorn reinforcements) jumped into the Niot system, Galactica was still weak from the battle, and they took heavy losses early on. After recovering from running into the well placed anti-matter bombs, the Confeds and Haorn charged. However, the Confeds were hit hard by the Galactica missile barrages, but they survived it after using their special disruption webs.

As the Confeds fired off their missile barrage, sadly, Galactica had time to release their ECM drones, and so most of the missiles were evaded. However, ECMs didn't affect the energy leeches, which blasted apart many Galactica vessels.

Weapons ablaze, the Galactica fleet took heavy casualties, and soon was down to a mere 100 ships. The Confeds and Haorn hadn't lossed a lot, but they did loose some. Closing in for the final strike and taking out the battlestation, the Niot system would soon be in the hands of the Confeds.

The battle in Krraali, however, was much more one-sided. The Haorn easily overwhelmed Galactica, using their energy leeches and armor leeches to great effect against the enemy warships. Disabling the battlestations easily, the Haorn swept through the system, leaving not a single Galactica ship standing. The Haorn secured the system for the Confeds, and began work on the repairing the battlestations.

The next phase of the plan would be to capture DSN-1156, and lay seige to Fridion for a short while, after which Fridion would also be captured. Then, by that time, the Haorn would be prepared enough for a full scale attack on the Raiek. What the Haorn were doing right now was part of the agreement; they helped the Confeds recapture some of their territory, so that the Confeds could, in turn, help the Haorn (because until their lost space had been recaptured, the Confeds couldn't do much).

----------------

Citadel Defense System
Installation Project
ETA: 4 Posts

Anti-Gravity Engines
Upgrade Project:
ETA: 3 Posts

Alliance Flagship
Upgrade Project
ETA: 4 Posts

------------------
If at first you don't succeed...Hit it harder! - Me
--------------
Millennium. Its coming, prepare for it.
Coming to the (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiaSW.com/games/ev/chronicles.html")EV Chronicles(/url).

(This message has been edited by Captain Carnotaur (edited 12-14-2001).)

OOC:I need someone to cover for me Saturday till Tuesday.It would involve no combat,just keeping my research afloat and gathering data on the Emalghion thingy through SINE.

In Paros,the colonists announced that the colony was finally complete.
After the initial three-day party,the colonists got up to begin work in the fields, factories and mines of Paros and it's moons,as well as the facilities on the asteroid belt.

At the Skraine University of Stellar Technology, Researcher K'raia had an interesting idea.
The Colony Ships used by the Skraine had been upgraded little over the past two hundred years,and were beginning to become woefully out of date.
This was increasingly apparent as the Skraine expanded their holdings, stretching the Bureau of Interstellar Colonisation to it's limits.
What was needed was a new kind of colony ship,one capable of manufacturing prefabricated supplies while in transit to a new world,so large freighter fleets would not be needed to support the colony ship.
The new vessel class would be known as the Coloniser,and K'raia began to work on the schematics.

-----------------
Paros colony complete
ETA until Organic Armour complete:3 posts
ETA until Coloniser complete:6 posts

------------------
(url="http://"http://www.geocities.com/shades_shipyard")Shade's Shipyard(/url), the source for your ship needs.

OOC: I can cover for you if you want. Just send me an e-mail giving me all the information I'll need to control the Skraine while you are gone. Remember to include alliances and what you think of governments and such. Also, what is SINE?

------------------
--------------
Coming to the (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiaSW.com/games/ev/chronicles.html")EV Chronicles(/url).

After 12 hours of fighting, the lazerus' pilots are getting tired, and the lazerus' are beginning to show signs of wear, but they move on...

They jump out, destroying a few freightors that moved into Corsk, before moving on... to Zenaru 5, destroying the in-system defenses, and laying the mines at close range. Meanwhile, the Galactica cruiser lays it's ECM drones, and starts ramming asteroids into the haorn fleet....

A Wormhole forms in Cosk, and the previus fleet exits, and lays waste to the nearest part of the defense fleet.

Message to: Galactica
We were shocked to find the Haorn fighting on the confederate side in the milky way, however we are launching a major attack on their space in an attempt to cripple their economy. We ask that you make sure the haorn fleet doesn't make it back to Ross 154, for we cannot withstand a major counter-attack. After our offensive is complete, we will send over a fleet to assist your forces against the confeds and haorn.
end
------------------

after careful debate, it has been decided to make sure nothing cane come through the wormhole. The main generator in Raiek Prime is being outfitted with turrets and shielding, to the point of being a BASE ship.

Project Initiated: Updating of Wormhole Generating station
ETA: 12 posts (?)

"I- I Swear Officer.. The Dwarf was on fire when I got here!"

(This message has been edited by -REDCHIGH- (edited 12-14-2001).)

However, as the Raiek moved on, they found tougher and tougher defenses. The fleets in Cosk and Zenaru 5 both took heavy damage from Haorn warships which fired a little, then rammed their enemies.

As the last of the system defenses in the two systems were either destroyed or rammed the enemy ships, the Raiek surveyed the damage. Another 2 Lazerus' had been destroyed, and the rest of them heavily damaged. The fleet in Cosk had also taken heavy losses and damages.

Now they were faced with a difficult decision. With a critically weak fleet, they still had to destroy Majras, and Zenaru 6 was heavily defended, and was the equivilent of 3 systems put together. Galis was another alternative, but that was deep in the Haorn nebula, where the Haorn would have more ships and a much greater advantage (they are used to all the nebula interference and such).

Haorn shipyards were beginning to show progress as more and more shipyards were constructed and engineers kept on building and building. The Haorn economy could take it easily; they had been storing up resources for years. They now had about 950 ships total in the Ross 154 galaxy, and that was easily enough to defend themselves. Not to mention that they were STILL churning out large amounts of ships.

Ion Cannon - 4 Posts
Spectral Armor Upgrade - 3 Posts

------------------
--------------

OOC: Come on guys! We have to finish up Chapter V in order to impress SilverDragon!! 😉

------------------
--------------

OOC:Thanks,Carno.Email is away!SINE stands for Skraine Interstellar NEws.

------------------
(url="http://"http://www.geocities.com/shades_shipyard")Shade's Shipyard(/url), the source for your ship needs.

(Message to:Councillor DÂ’AnÂ’era, Skraine WarFleet vessel Dark Nova)
(From:Galactica)
You are welcome to look over the remains of the Emalghion system, but the area is currently a heavy war zone.
(Message Ends)

--------

In Niot, Galactica was outnumbered by 3 to 1. Galactica, however, wasnt concerned with holdoing the system. Operation Adinkerke had prepared the system for exactly this sort of situation. The Confederates charge went straight for the Galactica fleet, hiding behind a number of Battlestations. The Galactica fleet began to run for hyperspace, and the Confederates pursued. They had to pass through the battlestations, but enough of them would be killed in passing.

This was when the Confederates where introduced to massive antimatter reactions. As the front of the Confederate fleet passed the battlestations, thousands of missles shot into space. None of them had targeting details, they where merely set to explode. The missles, along with the stations, which still had thousands of more missles on board, exploded. They where right in the thick of the Confederate fleet, and over 400 ships went up in antimatter explosions, every other ship damaged to some degree. Nothing like it had been seen since Emalghion.

The Confederate fleet reeled, but managed to get off a lot of weapons at the retreating Galactica fleet anyway. Ships exploded, but the bulk of the Galactica fleet managed to get away.

The Confederates moved towards the Planetary Missle Silos, intent on revenge. Closing for maximum use of their weapons, a similar tale to Emalghion repeated itself, with one difference. The explosions here where far larger. Huge chunks of the moon broke off, and pelted the Confederate fleet, destroying even more ships. The planet fared better, but it was still ruined. Chunks of moon would soon begin slamming into it. It was a good thing most of the planet ahd been evactauted for Operation Adinkerke, the people left easily being evacuated when Emalghion was struck.

The combined Confederate and Haorn fleet had been reduced to less than a third of its former size, for little damage to Galactica. Nothing would ever inhabit the Niot system again however.

--------

In Krraalie, the Haorn fleet was huge. It did, however, face a slightly larger fleet, and more battlestations. On advice form their Confederate friends, they charged Galacticas forces. 8 stations vanished in the fury of antimatter explosions, destroying over 400 ships. It was not a good idea to get close to an enemy who knew he would lose, and had a large amount of antimatter at hand. The Haorn fleet managed to wipe out a large portion of retreating Galactcia fleet, but the damage did not compare.

--------

In Fridion, the system was almost empty. Antimatter bombs littered the system, as did Missle Defence Bouys, and Planetary Missle Silos. Otherwise the system only had a few last remenants of Galactica, all who were ready to go down in flames.

Operation Adinkerke had been a huge success. Systems had been lost, but Galactica had never had them in the first place. The ship losses where heavily in Galacticas favour. Wherever the Confederates struck, they would find a nasty surprise waiting for them. Complete destruction.

--------

Improved Shielding ETA: 5 posts

Heavy Beam Cruiser ETA: 3 posts

--------

Please note I actually checked a lot of this with carno beforehand, although not saying what I was doing. Revoking this after confirming a lot of numbers is just slightly out of kilt.

----------------------------

(This message has been edited by RMA (edited 12-14-2001).)

Originally posted by RMA:
**Carnos recent posts have been bull. Nothing else can be said about them. Therefore Galactica has now blown everyone up with a single missle.

The End.

An extremely pissed of RMA with carnos invincible fleets.

OOC: I don't have invincible fleets! I just use what I have, which in this case could easily beat you up a lot. Don't blame me for just using the Haorn reinforcements which Espona gave me.

------------------
--------------

The ships in Eta thanked the Skraine and headed down towards the Senn Sector, also sending a message for more ships to come and help them explore.

---------------------------------------------

Kenra got the message from the Eta Sijak and she send 100 more ships with passengers to them, 34 Avatars, 33 Ghosts, and 33 Interceptors headed towards the Eta wormhole.

-----------------------------------------------

The two diplomats threaded there way down to the Jumpgate and slipped through. One headed off to talk with the Confederates, one headed off to talk to the Galactica. They had to sort this out what was going on in this galaxy, or there rash leader would probably come down here herself! And wouldn't that be a diasaster.

------------------------------------------

Research-
Upgrade Sijak Engines(more speed, manuverebility, etc)-4 posts

Building assorted ships- 300 a post.

------------------
Formerly known as
Rima.

MOD: Post revoked, RMA. Please edit it to include much smaller numbers. Reasons:

1. No freakin way you could kill that many Confed ships. The only way you could have done that is if the WHOLE FLEET clustered just 50 feet away from the station, and my ships aren't that stupid. My fleet isn't dumb or anything like that. They would stay far enough away so that the explosion wouldn't hurt them as much.
  2. No freakin way you could kill that many Haorn ships. They have longer ranged weapons. Your fleet would be TOTALLY annihilated. You have to understand that the Haorn are, in essence, the best alien race in RoC 3 with the exception of the Prylak. Not to mention that they had 1600 ships. Even a fleet of 800 wouldn't stand very long against that many ships. Learn to loose RMA.

---------------

Though the Confeds took a lot of casualties, they still could fight quite easily, and their losses had really only been around 200 ships, which would easily be replaced by new vessels that had just been built. The Haorn had barely been stratched; their spectral armor and heavy shielding easily protected them from the blast, and their long range primary weapons allowed them to be father away from the explosions. Now all they had to do was fortify the systems they had just captured, then move on and capture Fridion.

As the two fleets began to fortify Krraali and Niot, the Confeds and Galactica gathered together some derelict hulls and frieghters, and towed them through hyperspace into the Fridion system. As the Anti-Matter bombs exploded, many of the few Galactica ships were hit by the shockwave. Before they could recover, the Haorn and Confeds jumped in. They easily arrived, seeing that all the bombs had been delt with, and quickly tore through Galacticas ranks.

There was no competetion. Remembering what happened to them last time, the Confederates and Haorn stayed out of range of the stations. After destroying them from afar, they bombarded the surface, ready to leave the area immediately if Galactica decided to detonate everything.

After destroying the planetary shield and missile silos, the Confeds sent down a few small teams to make sure there were no explosives. In the meantime, three battlestations were started in both Krraali and in Niot.

--------------------

All Milky Way ships had been outfitted with the new Anti-Gravity engines. All that was left were some ships near the North Tip Asteroid belt, and the ships in the Eta Cassiopea galaxy.

In Eta Cassiopea, the Confederates began work on setting up colonies in EC-106, Bajro II, and Damkros. Damkros was only a large military outpost base, as was EC-106, but Bajro II was an actual colony on the main planet and a sister planet nearby.

The ECTA, in the meantime, sent out a convoy to set up a research lab in the Doskna system to monitor and gather information on the Senn Nebula (Which I have yet to add to the map). They are suspecting that it may be possible to use some of the nebula gases to manufacture fuel, which is more pure and thus more effeciant.

(Message to Skraine)
(Low Encryption)
(From Carnotaur, Confederacy)
(We are greived to report that Galactica has taken yet another drastic step; they have practically destroyed the Niot system, blasting massive holes and craters in the moon and planet. Originally they were wonderful, beautiful planets, but Galactica has ruthlessly destroyed them just to hurt us more. - Carnotaur)
(End Message)

--------------------

Citadel Defense System
Installation Project

Anti-Gravity Engines
Upgrade Project:
ETA: 2 Posts

Alliance Flagship
Upgrade Project

------------------
--------------

Kippermod:

Please note this entire post is OOC.

I've told Carno my reasons for my post. My post followed what carno layed out for his fleet. I'm not accepting that it would have done something different after the fact. Past posts, and direct answers say his fleet would have done what it did.

As for the Haorn, they did the same thing as the other fleet did, once again carno saying they would. I'm once again not accepting otherwise, since I've had to do the same in the past when the position has been reversed.

I also never said anything about either fleet making a stand. Be rather stupid.

I'm not accepting the Fridion battle until the first bit is sorted out. You've (once again) assumed Galactcia has the IQ of a 2 year old. I check out what you'd do, and you then complain when I post following that.

Carno, you really need to learn how to lose. You also need to accept that other people use real tactics and you cant just blow them off.

I also dont think 2 posts to go on the anti-gravity engines includes all ships but a far flung few having them installed.

Overall, I'm pretty fed up with the way you keep ignoring what I post, and the way you keep assuming Galactica has no tactical ability. You can't say I do the same thing, since I actually asked you, and acted on what you said. Saying something contradicting yourself after the fact just makes you look silly. You seem to be using your powers as a mod for your own advantage. That is grossly unfair.

Until carno actually accepts his enemy can actually put a defence up that does real damage to him, I'm not going to bother with RoC 3. The situation just keeps repeating itself.

Thouroughly disgusted,

RMA

------------------
If someone makes a mistake, it is not my fault. I will however use it to my advantage.

(This message has been edited by RMA (edited 12-14-2001).)

OOC:
Carno! RMA! You both need to Chill.
Carno, I've noticed you have been a little immature, and often you do ignore RMA's posts and tactics.
RMA, you're overreacting, and feeding the fire.
You both need to chill!

MOD: In Niot and Fridion, while the ECM drones aren't designed to offset Leechs, it's still unfair to say they wouldn't have any affect. I'll say the ECM drones block... 15% of the leechs.

In Kraali, haorn had 1600 haorn ships? 400 were lost.
In Niot, I dont know how many galactica ships were in the system, but the ship losses are very close, with Niot destroyed and empty. Carno, you wouldn't know the stations were gonna blow until it was too late, and if the station's immediate fiery explosion didn't reach you, the showaves definately did. 300 confederate ships were destroyed, with many severly damaged, and thats just stations. Another 110 were destroyed when the Galactica fleets rammed you.. I kind of doubt that you would be able to destroy the planetary missile silos from "afar". Even if missiles have long range, their range is drastically shorter in atmosphere, and the planets would have exploded, with the debri taking out a few dozen haorn ships, and a little less than a dozen Confed ships, since they are fast enough to avoid it. Carno, two posts for engine upgrade is fine, but they dont cancel out Galactica gravity wells completely, though I'll factor in that better engines could put up a better fight at escaping a gravity well. Oh, and the Haorn dont have any shields. They have spectral armor and hull armor. I wouldn't say the haorn are the best race, because all races are equal. Most powerful, sure, but remember how slow they are. EVERY race has it's important points.
RMA, Carno, Unless you want all communication between players to be in a chat room, agree to your AIM statements.
Carno, Im not just mod-ing in favor of my enemy, it's true you're underestimating galactica.
RMA, in Niot, you would have lost at least 30% of your defense fleet at first sight when the Confed fleet jumped in, and another 20% when the antimatter explosions went off. You aren't immune to your own explosions.

------------------

OOC:
Carno! RMA! You both need to Chill.
Carno, I've noticed you have been a little immature, and often you do ignore RMA's posts and tactics.
RMA, you're overreacting, and feeding the fire.
You both need to chill!

MOD: In Niot and Fridion, while the ECM drones aren't designed to offset Leechs, it's still unfair to say they wouldn't have any affect. I'll say the ECM drones block... 15% of the leechs.

In Kraali, haorn had 1600 haorn ships? 400 were lost.
In Niot, I dont know how many galactica ships were in the system, but the ship losses are very close, with Niot destroyed and empty. Carno, you wouldn't know the stations were gonna blow until it was too late, and if the station's immediate fiery explosion didn't reach you, the showaves definately did. 300 confederate ships were destroyed, with many severly damaged, and thats just stations. Another 110 were destroyed when the Galactica fleets rammed you.. I kind of doubt that you would be able to destroy the planetary missile silos from "afar". Even if missiles have long range, their range is drastically shorter in atmosphere, and the planets would have exploded, with the debri taking out a few dozen haorn ships, and a little less than a dozen Confed ships, since they are fast enough to avoid it. Carno, two posts for engine upgrade is fine, but they dont cancel out Galactica gravity wells completely, though I'll factor in that better engines could put up a better fight at escaping a gravity well. Oh, and the Haorn dont have any shields. They have spectral armor and hull armor. I wouldn't say the haorn are the best race, because all races are equal. Most powerful, sure, but remember how slow they are. EVERY race has it's important points.
RMA, Carno, Unless you want all communication between players to be in a chat room, agree to your AIM statements.
Carno, Im not just mod-ing in favor of my enemy, it's true you're underestimating galactica.
RMA, in Niot, you would have lost at least 30% of your defense fleet at first sight when the Confed fleet jumped in, and another 20% when the antimatter explosions went off. You aren't immune to your own explosions.
also, RMA, don't forget your economy slumps from the attacks and lost stations.

IC: The Raiek fleet destroys the planet, then pulls the disabled raiek vessels into wormholes, and takes them home, and the secondary fleet retreats. The remainders of the main fleet, however, go north east, around the nebula, finally entering a wormhole in the HC-020 system, wrecking havok, due to the fact that it's distance from the main systems means it has a neglected defense fleet.... Fighters swarm the planet, and thoron beams use heavy support, as the Galactica warcruiser uses it's gravity well emitter to steer several asteroids into the defense fleet...

------------------

(Double Post)

------------------
--------------

OOC: Okay, sounds good. I have 450 ships left from my fleet in Niot. 1200 from my Haorn fleet in Fridion. But Galactica had to suffer some casualties. Their fleet in Krraali would have been obliterated.

But just note that RMA NEVER accepts the fact that my ships are faster than his, and that I also have a lot of good technologies. Also note that the Haorn are the best race, unless you want to go around discrediting what I hear from SilverDragon.

Finally, I didn't take 2 posts to upgrade my engines. I've been upgrading them for ages.

------------------

IC:

The fleet attacking HC-020, however, found themselves facing relatively heavy in-system defenses. As the last of the defenders were destroyed, the battlestation detonated, taking with it many Raiek ships.

However, little did the fleet know that the Haorn had been able to move in a force of 300 ships, surrounding and entraping the enemy fleet. Jumping into the system, a reef formation of Haorn motherships moved forward, crushing everything in their path with their powerful rift generators.

---------

Ion Cannon - 3 Posts
Spectral Armor - 2 Posts

------------------
--------------

(Edit)Whoops,double post(/Edit)

(This message has been edited by Shade (edited 12-14-2001).)

(Message)
(To:Galactica)
(Fr:Councillor D'An'era,Skraine WarFleet vessel Dark Nova )
(Re:Interviews with Emalghion evacuees?)
(We have already examined the Emalghion system.What we wish to do is interview the civilians displaced by the prior evacuation of Emalghion.
-Councillor for the Gathering of Data on Extragalactic Affairs D'An'era, Skraine Interstellar Coalition of Worlds WarFleet Starship Dark Nova )

(Message)
(To:Confederates)
(Fr:Magistrate K'Sarragh,Unity Starbase)
(Re:Galactica destruction of Niot colony)
(A SINE vessel,the Dark Corona ,will travel to Niot shortly to investigate.
We are considering setting up an outpost in the Milky Way to act as a base of operations for SINE teams.
-Magistrate K'Sarragh,Skraine Interstellar Coalition of Worlds)

With the colonisation of Paros complete,the Skraine were expanding throughout the Senn Southwest,with new colonies in Cielring,Bajro II and Paros II.

Cielring-3 was a world covered in shallow oceans,with abundant sea plants and marine life.
Colonies on it would be constructed on giant floating rafts.
Bajro Prime was a hot,humid world covered in forests of a short,mangrove-like bush.
The dominant animal life form was a small marsupial creature(which looks like a cartoon panda bear,but smaller).It was expected that these creatures,named "Channies" by the scouting crew,would be a boon to the pet market.
Paros-4 was a cold,tundra-bound world of snow and high winds.
Small rabbit-like animals fed on the sparse vegetation,and were hunted by larger, imressively majestic lupine creatures.
Paros II also contained a large ring of ice asteroids.
While scouting the region,it was discovered that EC-220,which was not scheduled for colonisation, was thick with ice asteroids.

--------------
ETA until Organic Armour complete:2 posts
ETA until Coloniser complete:5 posts

------------------

OOC: Sorry Shade, but Bajro II is already under Confederate control. 🙂

--------------

(Message to Skraine)
(Encrypted)
(From Carnotaur, Confeds)
(We do not mind you colonizing a few of our systems, but we would appreciate if you don't colonize any more than 2-3 systems behind out borders in such proximity to our military bases.)
(End Message)

The bases in Damkros, Doskna, Bajro II, and EC-106 were doing well and expanding rather quickly. Construction should be completed within 1 or 2 weeks. Meanwhile, the ECTA continued to enlarge their frieghter navy.

------------------
--------------

The Lazerus' curse when they see the backup fleet.... a lazerus is heavily damaged before the rest of the raiek fleet notices the fleet. They count about 300 Haorn vessels... Vs 10 Raiek Lazerus- almost 2;1, in favor of the Raiek. The Gunships are launched, and mines are deployed at point blank range, with the explosions taking down almost a half-dozen motherships. The Raiek launch as many Javelins as they have at a long distance, and the haorn ships are to slow to avoid them... almost 80 are taken down by javelin fire. The Energy leeches are fired, and the Galactica ECM drones do what they can, but several leeches get through, past the heavy turret fire, and hit their target. When the Haorn are in close range, ten thoron beams sweep through the fleet, destroying nearly a hundred Haorn ships, but as a Mothership explodes, it's shockwave disables an already damaged Lazerus. The Warcruiser slams debri into the most damaged haorn vessels, ramming a disabled destroyed into a fleet toward the edge of the system, damaging them greatly... Thoron beams quickly take out any approaching ships, to prevent their ramming tactic from being successful...

------------------