Golden Horizon - Part II

Originally posted by grunadulater:
**OOC:carno, do you do eco reports every day?also will you make a plug for this?

Economy reports; yes, though I'm not very good at always remembering them. 😉

Plug for this; most definitely not in the near future, though I do intend to put this all into a story and publish it on the boards someday.

------------------
If at first you don't succeed...Hit it harder! - Me
--------------
Millennium. Its coming, prepare for it.
Coming to the (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiaSW.com/games/ev/chronicles.html")EV Chronicles(/url).

Message to:Kayans & RA:Beta Encryption, Echo Band
Final armanent is bein decided for the enhanced Arada, however, ensuring the enhanced stelath field will be compatible, along with new weapons, means research time has been increased. Work has however been started on building the superstructure for the Arada, so production will be quick once the design is finalised. Variants have been narrowed down to either a larger missle load, or a Thoron Beam, or an Anti-Plasma Blaster, or the possible ship version of our mines. The subspace drive should prove a massive advantage over the Akrahd.

Alteration of our mines for use in ship combat is procceding, and will be complete soon after Arada production is started.

Refitting of Kayan ships is procceding, and all ships are expected to be refitted soon. Refitting of RA ships will begin when they arrive.

Horoth are putting all resources into reseraching and building a fleet to take on the Akrahd.
Message From:Horoth Command
Message Ends
-----------
Arada Research and prototype construction:3 posts
Ship-version mines:4 turns
Refitting of ships:3 posts

------------------

Sisay sat down and faced Carnotaur on the screen. “Mr. President, it is a pleausre to meet you. Hawk Kael has left on some urgent business, and will not be back for some time. During his absence he has placed me in command of all Kiran forces. Please don’t take this in offense, Mr. President, but I don’t think this plan of yours would’ve been succesful without Kiran aid. The Kiran had their eye on this world as well, and we would’ve failed without your help as well. Gone is our best tactician when he rammed the Dark Voyager; we’ve lost 75 captial ships and countless fighters and nearly four dozen more warships are severly damaged. The Kiran had 600 ships and over a third is stationed here. We would’ve had more, but seven years ago the bulk of our ships left with the others to the Magellian Galaxy to help guard the twelve massive colony ships that carried Kisani survivors.”

Sisay leaned forward, his eyebrows furrowed. “My point is this: the Kiran took heavy losses in both hardware and people today. What I’m asking the Federation for are ships and hardware. It doesn’t matter if they’re old derelicts from scrap yards, civillian-type warships, or Voinian or Federation warships. We have skilled technicians and shipwrights amongst our ranks. In return this, and as an act of alliance, the datacrystals that Captain Hawk gave to you include plans to a form of adaptive shielding and plans for the slipfighter. Do we have a deal, Mr. President?”

------------------
(url="http://"http://pub51.ezboard.com/fquillzfrm4.showMessage?topicID=10.topic")A Pilot's memory(/url)
"Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of congress. But I repeat myself." -- Mark Twain

is there any way to destroy mines?likee if your going to another system and you detect mines, can your dodge them or blow them up with out casualtys?

------------------
I bet there darn tasty to.

Kryptauros followed General Markolov into the interrogation room to get what they could out of the scientist.
"Why do you want to defect to the Akrahd?" Kryptauros begins.
"Well as I said before I hate the Horoth. They paid me crap and they treated me like crap. I had nowhere else to go and I thought of going to the Akrahd first."
"What do you know that would help us in the attack against the Horoth?" General Markolov asks.
"I know of Plasma Technology that is much better than yours. I have studied the weapons that you have made and I know what to improve on them."
"Like what!" Kryptauros yells out.
"Weapons such as your Plasma beam. When you take out the Carbonic Generator and add a Hydrogen Generator then you get what the stars do. Nuclear Fussion. When a hydrogen and another hydrogen collide they make a large amount of energy that is released. Then the energy can be converted into a high powered explosive ball or in this case a beam."
"I'm going to trust you but I want to try out this technology that you speak of. I want this man kept alive and under heavy surviellance. (sp?) I want to test this new technology he speaks of on one of our heavy fighters."
"You won't be disappointed Emporer Kryptauros," Galahad says.
"I'd better not," Kryptauros replies,"cause if I am, your dead."
And with that Galahad was sent into the research laboratory and Kryptauros went to cruise around in his Huvur (Š) bike.
When Kryptauros was riding around he commed General Markolov.
"General?"
"Yes, sir Markolov here."
"I want to see to it that ship production be increased 400%. I have a horrible feeling that they have something ready for us. And also how are we doing with Military Stations in Akrahd Space?"
"Well we could use some more sir."
"And also how is the campaigning going?"
"Just as promised sir. If we could get your presence at some of these turnouts then it would dramatically increase the number of citizens joining."
"No Markolov. Tell them if they don't join, there lives could be in danger. That will make them join."
"Anything else sir?
"No, no bug off."

------------------
Reech is coming.
Get ready for it.

OOC: plug? Bah! me help!

IC:
REDchigh cuts the comm. Since the alliance him and RMA have had more than a few simple conversations, exept this last one was rare. It was actually interesting! The Horoth and RA agreed on a project to merge the good parts of their individual missiles and create an upgraded glimmer.

Redchigh sends 4 freight-couriers full of equipment, 4 aradas, 5 helians and a Lazira with 1 million credits for the station, and Shu (Top Miranu scientist for the RA) and Mahesh (RA's top weapons and ship expert) on board, to the joint Horoth-RA station.

REDchigh is tired of losing freighters to the south Akrahd and north Pirates, so he begins collecting an armada in Rigel. As of now, there are 3 silver warships, 7 Laziras, 12 Aradas, 19 Helians, and 26 Crescent fighters.
(Note- My shipyards are always producing at full tilt. As of now, every new ship built will go straight to Rigel.)

Research initiated
Glimmer Missile upgrade
Research- 5 posts
Outfitting on RA and Horoth vessels-2 posts.
Description: Take standard glimmer missiles and upgrade with Horoth seeker technology. Launcher will be slightly smaller, and the speed of the missile will be upgraded by about a third. Minor upgrades to other systems, turn rate and reload.

------------------
All the problems we face in the United States today can be
traced to an unenlightened immigration policy on the part of
the American Indian.
--- Pat Paulsen

Originally posted by ImmortalFirefly:
"Weapons such as your Plasma beam"

Horoth dont know how the Plasma beam works, so I dont see how a Horoth scietist would know how to improve it. If we did, we'd have it, and we dont.

RMA

------------------

Well I guess you could say that he learned about plasma from somewhere else (an online book or something like that) He just knows it somehow 🙂

ImmoFly

------------------
Reech is coming.
Get ready for it.

FLEET STATS
(Not counting Merchant Vessels)

Edien - 30 Million, 1.8 Million in Milky Way
Rarkyl - 10 Million
Horosk - 750,000
Sladerei - 210 (Counting merchant vessels)

Voinian - 650,000
Federation - 650,000
Pirates (Milky Way) - 100
Igadzra Republic - 40

Pirates (New Galaxy) - 70
Igadzra Union - 210
Renegade - 310
Horoth - 360
Akrahd - 950
Miranu - 210
Zidagar - 310
Kayan - 320
Azdgari - 420

-----------------

ECONOMY REPORT:

(RST) = Researching Technology
(CP) = Colonized Planet
(CS) = Constructed Station
(IC) = Increased Construction (i.e. building a lot more ships, weapons, etc.)

NOTE: Per day is in realtime. Secondly, non-government characters do not get credits per day unless they actually control a planet or get some sort of income from another, larger government.

Ediens - 336 Million - +4 million per day (RST-Major)
Rarkyl - 124 Million - +4 million per day
Horosk - 58 Million - +3 million per day

Federation - 57 Million - +1 million per day (RST) (IC)
Voinians - 71 Million - +3 million per day
Igadzra Republic - 18.5 Million - +.5 million per day
Pirates (Milky Way) - 18.5 Million - +.5 million per day

Igadzra Union - 44 Million - +2 million per day
Renegade Alliance - 25 Million - -1 million per day (RST-Major)
Pirates (New Galaxy) - 18.5 Million - +.5 million per day
Miranu - 50.5 Million - +1.5 million per day (RST)
Kayans - 39 Million - +2 million per day
Zidagar - 44 Million - +2 million per day
Azdgari - 47 Million - +1 million per day (RST)
Akrahd - 34 Million - +.5 million per day
Horoth - 29.5 Million - +1.5 million per day

Captain Hawk (Commander Whitehawk) - 6 Million

------------------
--------------
Coming to the (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiaSW.com/games/ev/chronicles.html")EV Chronicles(/url).

(This message has been edited by Captain Carnotaur (edited 08-03-2001).)

Originally posted by Captain Carnotaur:
**Ediens - 336 Million - +4 million per day (RST-Major)

actually, i spent 225M on reaserching the dreadnaught, the stations, and biulding lots of warships.

---------------
ships in notil=20000 fighters, 5000 destroyers and 4500 BC's.the money grunadulater spent was doing the job of mass production.

------------------

(This message has been edited by grunadulater (edited 08-02-2001).)

Originally posted by grunadulater:
actually, i spent 225M on reaserching the dreadnaught, the stations, and biulding lots of warships.

---------------
ships in norhis=20000 fighters, 5000 destroyers and 4500 BC's.the money grunadulater spent was doing the job of mass production.

MOD: Incorrect. You do not control the Norhis system.

------------------
--------------

Horoth shipyards are put into full production, mainly building the components neccessary for the Arada, and as many Horoth Patrol Boats as possible, all ready for upgraded technology when it is completed.

Refitting of ships is taking longer due to arrival of RA ships, although this is due to a lack of engineers, and all neccessary equipment is now stocked.
-----------
Arada Research and prototype construction:2 posts
Ship-version mines:3 turns
Refitting of ships:3 posts

------------------

"Get me General Markolov immediately!" Kryptauros yells from his chair. Soon after Markolov enters the room.
"I just heard that another one of the Pirate Skirmishes came into Akrahd again. My mother was on one of the ships attacked and she isn't doing to well. I am sick and tired of those stupid nit-wit pirates in the NSI-482 system. I want to get in there and personally kill the man who is in charge. I want you to get a fleet of 100 vessels over to the planet. I don't care what kind they are. We are taking over that planet."
"Sir, they have cloaked bases."
"SO! Do you think that they hide everything?! They can't cloak from a plasma beam! I'm comming in to personally lead the fleet."

A little while later.....

"Emporer Kryptauros? May I speak to you in private sir?" says one of the doctors taking care of his mother,"She had serious complications and she didn't make it. She died of a series of stokes and a heartattack. The amount of radiation she received may have had something to do with her strokes and her heartattack. There was no way that she could have survived. I-.......I'm sorry."

"B-.....(sob)........ be gone with you!" Kryptauros yelled towards the man. He sat in there for hours just crying and thinking about his mother and what had happened to her. He couldn't sleep that night. he finally fell asleep when the 'sun' started to rise over the mountains. When he woke up he got on his Huvur bike and raced over towards the IFF Kryptauros. He started up the engines and commed for Markolov.
"Get the fleet ready now Markolov! The pirates will pay for what they have done."
"I'm sorry sir I just heard what happened. We are already in orbit here. Shall we commence with hyperspace towards NSI-482?"
"No, wait for me to get in with the fleet and then we will get these creeps. It's only 2 hyperspace jumps away."
"Yessir." Markolov replied.

------------------
Reech is coming.
Get ready for it.

"Charging of the Coherent Energy Beam emitter is complete," the scientist reported.

"That's great news," Thunder replied, "and a full sixteen hours ahead of schedule. "Is the Storm ready for deaprture?"

"Yeah, fully repaired and ready to go."

"I'll be there right away," Thunder replied.

-----

Thunder and Akyna walked into the hangar bay in Area Six, greeted by several scientists and the open hatchway to the Storm. Walking inside, Thunder was flooded with memories. They boarded the ship and headed for the personel lift, and then headed down two corridors to the bridge. As they were about to enter, Akyna looked back only to see Thunder lost in thought, staring at a computer panel on the wall.

"Anything wrong?"

"No... I'm just remembering... I remember looking at this same panel when I turned off the switch - the one that held the gateway open the first time. That was right after we left Akrayhek."

"Well, now we've got our chance to go back."

"Right," Thunder replied. Together, Thunder and Akyna boarded the bridge. As they did, everyone saluted.

"At ease, guys," Thunder replied. "You know I'm not one to be overly formal." The ranking officer on board politely stepped aside, allowing Thunder access to the captain's chair. Taking the controls, Thunder brought the Storm's engines to life and carefully maneuvered it out of the docking bay. As they ascended through the atmosphere, the Kayan squadron that would be accompanying them through the gateway came into view - three Gunships, six Aradas, and eleven Aradas. Once the ships were in formation, it was time to go.

"Navigator," Thunder said, "Set our course for Deneba."

"Course set. ETA to Deneba - three days, four hours. Time remaining until we'll be able to open the gate - four days, ten hours."

"Well then, let's get moving," Thunder said, pulling the lever to activate the hyperjump. In a flash of light, the Kayan squadron, led by the Storm, entered hyperspace.

---

3 posts to completion of the stealth field upgrade

---

------------------
Ad Astra Per Aspera - "A rough road leads to the stars"

Carnotaur thought for a moment. "Very well, I will order my shipyards to start production on civillian class vessels. Of course, it will take about three or so days (2 posts) to redesign them all with some technology and tactical upgrades. But, after that, we should be able to produce a substantial amount of vessels for you. In the meantime, we'll lend you 17 Light Cruisers and 79 destroyers to use. They'll still be ours of course just under your control."

A lieutenant then approached Carnotaur. "Mr. President, here is the latest tactical reports."

"Thank you lieutenant," Carnotaur replied and looked at the report. So far, the systems of Norhis, Nujja, Ragni, and Igadzra had been heavily fortified and now were firmly in Federation hands. The Voinians had also launched an offensive against Miranu space and the Ediens were now surrounded and about to be destroyed in four border systems. Overral, the report was good.

Then Admiral Johnson entered. "Hello Mr. President. I just came to give you word about the fleet; we have 4,000 ships assembled so far and in a few more days we should have another 7,000 ships. Our shipyards are also working as fast as they can on building more ships and it's working; already we've built numerous ships to replace the ones that we lost in the battles for Norhis, Igadzra, Ragni, and Nujja."

Carnotaur nodded then turned back to Sisay. "Anything else you wanted to say?"

------------------
--------------

grunadulater was looking at the battle reportsof the last few week and yelled for the science officer.
"i have been realising that we have had a lot of trouble with collisions.therefore i want you to create a device to push them away.we also need a new ship.make it with a fair speed and turning for bombing funs and lots of quantums.it shall be called the vengence class bomber."
"yessir.we will make the ship as soon as possible.we have old miranu disigns of a "repulser beam".we could upgrade those not to use fuel and fit them on all new ships.
the armada in notil is now 22000 fighters, 6000 destroyers, and 5500 BC's.all factories are working overtime and are mass producing with the money.
------------
dreadnaught=18 posts
station1=8 posts
station2=8 posts
station3=8 posts
station4=8 posts
enhanced repuser beam=3 posts1M
vengence class bomber prototype= 9 posts.6M

------------------

"Nothing else, Mr. President. Thank you for your help. This is the Revearence out." With that Sisay cut the link and sat back. This battle had been taxing to say the least and would be put into the Kiran logs as one of the largest offensives they had launched. Reaching for a report, he took a look at it and his eyes went dead serious. It was intelligence report on Threefrog and it was not good. It read that there were slaves on Threefrog...Kisani slaves and 300 in number.

Sisay lept up and let out an oath that would've caused even a Voinian to pale. Tapping his desk console, he ordered a com link esthablished to a certain ship. This injustice needed to be corrected.

Hawk manuvered the controls of the slipfighter with great ease. This movement would be very fragile considering the manuver he was about to perform. Three times before had he been to Earth, and all undercover. He had gathered one thing of importance though: atmosphere locations. However, the ride would be bumpy no matter what.

It was late in the night on one side of the planet and a few humans were looking up at the stars. In the distance so was a Voinian, veiwing the stars for something. The ground shook suddenly with great force as a bright flare appeared in the night sky. To many it would've appeared to be the birth of a new star...if the flare hadn't been in the atmosphere. A glourious emereald flash jumped from it as the light closed only to disapper again as another bright flash came forth. Soon the sky was calm again. On Earth, those people who had wacthed were awed. It would take some hours for the military to figure out what had happened.

------------------
(url="http://"http://pub51.ezboard.com/fquillzfrm4.showMessage?topicID=10.topic")A Pilot's memory(/url)
"Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of congress. But I repeat myself." -- Mark Twain

"Arriving in Deneba," the navigator reported. Thunder surveyed the scene - already the Zidagar contingient had arrived, hanging far out in the corner of the system to avoid harming the already tenuous agreement that allowed them to be here within Azdgari space in a state of peace. The Azdgari were, of course, there in force, and would, Thunder thought, have their fleet ready within the next sixteen hours before the gateway was to be opened.

"Seventeen hours, five minutes until we can re-open the gate," Thunder's science officer reported. "Our current projections show that it will remain open for a total of approximately 2 minutes, 25 seconds."

"All systems go," the ops officer said. "Spacial Flux Enhancer and Coherent Energy Beam are fully operational."

"Well then," Thunder said, "all we have to do is wait for the other races to get here and open the gate."

RA - MIRANU - HOROTH: IF YOU WANT TO SEND ANY SHIPS THROUGH THE PORTAL, HAVE THEM ARRIVE IN DENEBA IN YOUR NEXT POST. I WILL OPEN THE GATEWAY IN MY NEXT POST.

------------------
Ad Astra Per Aspera - "A rough road leads to the stars"

Dave gets the message about the portal opening, and is enraged.
Goes to his council, "WHY AM I JUST NOW HEARING ABOUT THIS?"
(His council avoids eye contact) "THAT IS OUR HOME! WE NEED TO DO OUR PART TO HELP SAVE IT!"
"but.. sir, ....."
"BUT NOTHING! HOW MANY FREE SHIPS DO WE HAVE RIGHT NOW?!"
"well about 85 are in the rigel system for the armada..."
Dave looks at the ship list of the armada.
"Ok, we're short on time, but make this quick. Send 5 Silver warships, 9 Laziras, 16 Aradas and 8 freight-couriers full of silver turrets, SDM launchers, modules, and designs, and another Freight courier full of Silver plants to the portal, straight to Carnotaur's command. Also send 3 freight-couriers of our weoponry with a few silver plants to all others that fight the Ediens. Give carno... the secret to making the silver plants reproduce also. Spend whatever you have to to get the convoy there NOW!"
council, in unison, "Yes, sir!"
a week later the convoy arrives armed and ready with it's orders.

(Note- the freight couriers are also outfitted with two extra silver turrets, and 10 extra glimmer missiles, so the Freight-couriers are a little bit tougher than an arada. The slots were already there, I just outfitted them. I'll say I spent 1.5 M on the outfitting and equipment.)

------------------
All the problems we face in the United States today can be
traced to an unenlightened immigration policy on the part of
the American Indian.
--- Pat Paulsen

A Federation battlefleet followed by two more fleets of Federation Frieghters jumped into the Feviry system. The commander of the Feviry system, in his Federation Light Cruiser, hailed the lead vessel. "Hello Captain. What is your business here?"

"We've come to set up a minefield in the Threefrog/Feviry hyperspace link under orders from Admiral Johnson."

"Very well, captain, you may proceed."

The Federation battlefleet then moved in to set up the minefield. The same happened in Igadzra (though the fleet went there just to help enlarge the minefield) and Ersadt. The Federation was trying to buy themselves time to assemble their own fleets to stop the Edien armada in the Notil system.

---------------

A lone Pirate Crescent Warship wandered through the Racet system. It started to approach a large asteroid, which was really a hidden Pirate base. As the CW prepared to enter a specially disguised docking bay, suddenly, three wolf packs of Federation frigates appeared from behind a group of asteroids and screamed towards the Pirate base. It was a specially planned ambush designed by Admiral Johnson to get rid of the hidden Pirate base that was somewhere around the Racet system.

The battle was short and decisive. The Pirates were outgunned and outmanned and soon their fleet had been destroyed and the Racet Asteroid Base was in Federation hands.

---------------

"Mr. President, we just got word from Task Force Beta; they found and captured the Pirate base in the Racet system," Admiral Johnson reported.

"Very good. Now, send a group of frieghters there to set up a shipyard and a good sized base on the outpost if it doesn't already have one. Then, send a message to Commander Sisay and tell him that he can have the Racet base to use as his headquarters or just as a normal base," Carnotaur ordered.

"Yes Mr. President."

------------------
--------------