Golden Horizon

the explosion of the escape pod lowered the shields around it greatly.grunadulaters fighter flew into the bay of a non damaged BC.
"there goes the trap."400 more interceptors hopped into the system.50 of them went for the Crusader, fireing all their weopons.
-------
the Dark Voyager had given in.with a huge explosion that engulfed several enemy ships in the flame, the ship and her crew were no more.
-------
ESCD complete:
shows cloaked ships and farther systems.

------------------
what?

ECONOMY REPORT:

(RST) = Researching Technology
(CP) = Colonized Planet
(CS) = Constructed Station

NOTE: Per day is in realtime. Secondly, non-government characters do not get credits per day unless they actually control a planet or get some sort of income from another, larger government.

Ediens - 328 Million - +4 million per day (RST-Major)
Rarkyl - 116 Million - +4 million per day
Horosk - 52 Million - +3 million per day

Federation - 57.5 Million - +1.5 million per day (RST)
Voinians - 65 Million - +3 million per day
Igadzra Republic - 17.5 Million - +.5 million per day
Pirates (Milky Way) - 17.5 Million - +.5 million per day

Igadzra Union - 40 Million - +2 million per day
Renegade Alliance - 29 Million - -1 million per day (RST-Major)
Pirates (New Galaxy) - 17.5 Million - +.5 million per day
Miranu - 47.5 Million - +1.5 million per day (RST)
Kayans - 39 Million - +2 million per day
Zidagar - 40 Million - +2 million per day
Azdgari - 45 Million - +1 million per day (RST)
Akrahd - 40 Million - +2 million per day
Horoth - 29.5 Million - +1.5 million per day

Captain Hawk (Commander Whitehawk) - 8 Million

------------------
If at first you don't succeed...Hit it harder! - Me
--------------
Millennium. Its coming, prepare for it.
Coming to the (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiaSW.com/games/ev/chronicles.html")EV Chronicles(/url).

"Attention Kiran fleet. We are greatful of your assistance. I am uploading the battle plans to your main computer. Standby," Benden pressed the transmit button and sent the data off to the Crusader. Atleast grunny was gone. The intelligent enemy usually cut and ran when they lost their leader. Well, who said the Ediens were intelligent? They weren't running. "Pilot, match course with the Crusader. Have all ships form up in formation Tri-Delta 7. We finish this now."

------------------
"The heathens are upon us. Arm yourselves and go with God." Paul Benden, Commander of the Purple Sector Fleet, prior to the Battle of Cygni.

"Figthers coming in on multiple vectors! Recommend we turn about sir." Hawk looked at his helmsman and held back a lecture. Looking at Ravens, he silently asked her oppion. The commander just shrugged. That was the thing that gave him his idea. He quickly looked at the data via his own console and saw the ships coming in from three ways.

"Helm, maximum burn and thrust. Down 180 degrees. Let's give these bastards a challange. Get Valor's, Hogen's, and Dread's fighters on us as we clear fifty meters. Weaps, load ten torpedoes and drop them manully, mine style and maximum yield." The respones came and as the Crusader dove down, ten torps were deployed. Hawk sat back and saw Ravens looking at him. "What? It was a simple renegade trick in my day. If I know those Edien pilots, they'll be like idiot warship captains."

As the fighters came to the postion of where the Crusader laid, they collided and the torps exploded, taking nearly four dozen down or disabled. The last were instanly set upon by many fighters.

"To all Edien ships, I repeat, give up this foolishness and retreat. If this one lousy world is worth your lives, then the Fates help you."

The Crusader leveled off and headed towards the next ship, a Edien destroyer.

Sisay ordered a barrage of quantum turret fire. The barrage hit the duo fighters, knocking them aside. Looking at his command console he smiled and said, "Revearence to Venegence, on that battle crusier. If it so much as vents plasma, fire everything you've got. Helm take us in on that destroyer heading towards Bendon. Primary weapons focus on its primary core and let quantum missiles take down the shields."

The sheer attack caught the damaged destroyer by surprise, its shields were overloaded. Barrages of missiles and energy fire rammed into the destroyer and hit its power core. it exploded in a wave of fire and debris. The Revearence headed on towards the Silver Talon, blowing another fighter. He grinned as he got an idea. Opening a comlink to the Talon, he said, "Admiral Bendon, Sisay of the Revearence here. How about a little wager to make things intresting. Two hundred credits to whoever gets the most ships. Also loser has to clean the winner's ship. I just hope you Fed boys can hold up!"

------------------
(url="http://"http://pub51.ezboard.com/fquillzfrm4.showMessage?topicID=10.topic")A Pilot's memory(/url)
"Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of congress. But I repeat myself." -- Mark Twain

It was at this point the wolf pack of destroyers and the other wolf pack of battlecruisers that Admiral Johnson had requested entered. Zooming out from slipstream, the destroyer wolf pack fired off fusillades of torpedoes at all Edien ships on the perimeter, mostly destroyers and interceptors. Then the battlecruiser wolf pack exited slipstream directly inside the core of the Edien fleet. Shooting rapidly at the surrounding vessels and launching a giant swarm of Azdaras, the wolf pack then requested assistence from the other ships to help them get out from the largest consontration of Edien ships in the system.

OOC: The total number of reinforcements from the two wolf packs is 300 vessels, mostly destroyers and battlecruisers.

------------------
--------------
Coming to the (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiaSW.com/games/ev/chronicles.html")EV Chronicles(/url).

it was not looking good.they had lost most of their captital ships and the others werent ariving.2 hours later, a huge fleet of 2000 fighters and 500 battlecrusiers came in.after all that time, the battle crusiers ha arived.grunadulater told them all to attack the second they came in.
---------
to emporer rigadaz
i dont know where you are but we are having problems in the norhis system.wuold you mind send a few ships here and mabey if its done a dreadnaught?if i die, i die honorably.i have already lost my ship.over and out my good friend.
---------
out of sheer anoyance and hate grunadulater ordered 100 fighters and 40 BC's to attack the crusader and another 100 and 40 to attack the silver talon.
---------
to confeds and others:
"yuo oviosly dodnt knoww ourr relligin.ands yuo shuoldn.wef gona desroy yuo al,"he said without his translater on,he puts it on,"WE NEVER GIVE UP!"

------------------
what?

Admiral Benden listened to the comm broadcast. "Navigater, how many minutes till we are in formation?" he asked. "About 1 and a half." "Weapons. Target the source of the last transmission and fire torpedoes," ordered Benden. "How many sir?" "As many as it takes."

------------------
"The heathens are upon us. Arm yourselves and go with God." Paul Benden, Commander of the Purple Sector Fleet, prior to the Battle of Cygni.

all of a sudden torpedos flew toward his ship.grunadulater cursed.
"get my interceptor ready and fire one in the opposite direction."he flew away from the ship and the topedos started to him.he put on a speed burst to outrun them.he flew toward the planet.as he came through the atmosphere, the torps desentigrated.he landed the interceotor and ran to the govenors office.

------------------
I bet there darn tasty to.

Benden was nearly red with rage. The bastard had escaped again. Well, if they could not make him pay, all of the crews of these ships would. "Captain. Order one wing(72) of Azdara's to perform mass fire tactics on the new BC's. Order all of the other fighters dock in sequence to have their ship rearmed and repaired and then have them engage the new enemy fighters. How soon till we are in formation?" ordered Benden. "We are in formation now sir." Good. This was very good. Now they could be even more effective. "Order all ships to execute Tactical Manuever 10 and 45." The plan was to join the shields of all of the ships together and point as many weapons as posible toward the outside of their new cone formation. This meant they could easily dispatch ships that came toward them, and all of the ships only had to have their shields on one facing. They were now, in essence, a single super ship.

------------------

"Strike Fleet Omega to Norhis Fleet, glad we could help," at that point, a Federation strike fleet jumped into the Norhis system. It was over 600 ships strong, mostly frigates, and it exited slipstream inside the Edien fleet though not in the core of the ships. The Ediens were surprised at the appearance of this fleet, which had been ordered there by Carnotaur himself, and soon the Omega strike fleet greatly aided to the Federation forces already there.

However, the battle was still not going EXTREMELY well for the Federation, and Admiral Johnson was even considering bringing in Voinian reinforcements. He then sent a message to the Voinians asking for any extra ships to try and help them in the Federations invasion of Norhis.

------------------
--------------

Message to Azdgari, High-band encryption
Point of origin - New Kayia Science Institite, New Kayia

Thank you for allowing our science vessel to enter your space. It will arrive in Deneba shortly. We look forward to working with you.

End Message

---

Soon after, the lone white arada dissolved out of hyperspace into the Deneba system. It stood out prominently amongst the brilliant green of the Azdgari vessels. Quickly, the researchers on board got to work. Locating the rift zone, they initiated a deep level scan of the area. In about 20 minutes, the scan results came back, and the researchers were astounded.

"That can't be right... the energy lattice here is four times stronger than the one in Rigel!"

"That must mean the rift here was much larger - and much more difficult to heal properly."

"Then it would be far more likely to be re-opend here, and far easier, too..."

"The energy it's throwing off into subspace is amazing!"

"Contact the Azdgari authorities," the lead researcher said, raising his voice to cut through the excited chatter, "And our own government back on New Kayia. They're both going to want to know about this."

Message to Azdgari Officials - High Band Encryption active
Point of Origin - Kayan Research vessel 4 - in orbit of Deneba

We have completed our initial scans of the rift, and the results are amazing. The fact is, the rift here is several times stronger than the one in Rigel. We're reasonably close to being able to re-open the gate, but the fact is we'll have much better luck trying it here than we will if we attempt it in Rigel. It would be advisable for our governments to work together - if not in a full-blown alliance, at least in a cooperative effort to open and maintain the gateway. We would appreciate it if you would either allow a delegation of our diplomats to enter your space, or send a delegation to our space to discuss an alliance or coorperative effort. Thank for your time

-Tyria Mycia, Kayan Head Researcher

End Message

------------------
Ad Astra Per Aspera - "A rough road leads to the stars"

Ryan stood aboard the Crescent Warship Pride, anixous about getting to the battle. He had taken off two hours after Hawk had. Behind him were nearly a dozen warships, ostly Lazrias and CWs, and one or two Zidaras and even Igazra. He had come on his own, and he didn't care about the consquences. He just wanted to help his family, the Kiran. Before he had joined he had been a drifer and mercenary. He'd be damned if he would let the Kiran fall without him being there.

He was interrupted by his helmswoman. "Sir, we reach the Norhis system in one minute."

Ryan nodded and sat down, looking over at his new XO, an old friend named Retz. They both smiled and Ryan gave the order to jump to realspace.

Three jump points opened to reveal weapons firing at the massive Edien fleet...while the many headed towards the incoming fighters and battlecrusiers heading towards the Crusader. A transmission came through to the grouped ships and Ryan spoke. "This is Commander Ryan of the S-570 Kiran defense force. Sorry we're late, but we had the problem of not knowing what day the battle had happened. To all Kiran vessels not in formation, lets give our massive friends some breathing room."

The Pride veered off and headed for a badly limping Edien destroyer, and SADs pommeled into it, followed by quantum weapons fire. As the destroyer started flaming, the Pride flipped upwards and headed towards another enemy, another destroyer.

As he saw a Zidara blow, he uttered a prayer to Draven. This was going to be one bloody fight.

------------------
(url="http://"http://pub51.ezboard.com/fquillzfrm4.showMessage?topicID=10.topic")A Pilot's memory(/url)
"Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of congress. But I repeat myself." -- Mark Twain

INITIATE RESEARCH/BUILDING PROJECT
Project Name: Operation Contact
Objective: 1) Build larger station with massive specially designed communications array, and 2) To research the technology for this array
Time Till Completion of Station: COMPLETED
Time Till Completion of Research: COMPLETED

------------

Carnotaur ran down the hallway with Captain Scorcher and Captain Subterfuge right behind him (his two personal guards). Carnotaur had just recieved word that the scientists had perfected the transmitter device and they were no ready to try and send a message to the new galaxy.

Carnotaur ran into the command center, which was abuzz with activity. Scientists were running here and there preparing the transmitter for its first message; to another galaxy.

Carnotaur approached the lead scientist which was sitting at a control panel. He was looking a screen which showed the Small Megallanic Cloud Galaxy, the Milky Way, and a line between them. It also showed an outside view of South Tip Station II.

"Ready to send the message?" he asked.

Carnotaur looked at the screen for a moment, then suddenly stammered and looked at the scientist. "Uh, sure, yeah."

Carnotaur sat down at the table and started to type in the message.

**Hello Thunder, Rima, and all the other people of the new galaxy, this is President Carnotaur of the Federation Alliance,

For the last six years I have worried about you, what has happened to you, and whether you made it to another galaxy and survived at all. For the last six years I have been tormented by dreams and have constantly thought about the refugees which left my galaxy to travel to a new home. I do not know if you are alive or will ever recieve this message, but if you do, we will be waiting for the day when you will one day develope the technology to allow you to once again return to this galaxy.

The war with the Ediens has been costly and over a billion people have died in the fight against them since you left. The Voinians still fight on under the leadership of Emporer Nova6, and they will continue to do so till the very end. We, the Federation Alliance, also fight on in the conquest against the evil Edien Empire. At this point we are even know fighting to regain control of Igadzra space.

Here is a message specifically from Nova6:

"I send the most highest regards to all who fought and died in fighting the Ediens, as well as those who lost their lives trying to save the refugees from utter destruction. We will fight on till our death in the battle to save freedom for this galaxy and to save it for you when you eventually return. Fight on forever, and may Borb be with you!"

And here is a message from Hawk Kael:

"To all those refugees fled this galaxy, we still fight. The Kiran have not given up fighting, and we have begun fighting in the open. We have lost many, but mourn not for Voan or Dren for they died with honour. Keep the hope that the Ediens shall never find you.---Hawk Kael"

And here are a few of my own.

Thunder, my friend, I still remember you from six years ago when you left for the galaxy in which you now live. I hope you are alright, living in your new home, and that you will have many more prosperous years of life and happiness ahead for you and your people, the Kayans. I hope I will one day meet you again if you ever come back.

Rima, I still remember how you first came to be in the Captains of S-570. Many people still remember you and how you went off to lead the Miranu people. I hope to one day meet you and say hello to you again.

As for the Azdgari, Zidagar, the Renegade Alliance, and the Igadzra; though i never really knew your leaders or anyone of real importance, I still think in a small way you are all my friends and I hope that you are getting along good in your galaxy.

And no matter what happens to either of us, no matter how far apart we are, I will always remember you and never forget you, ever.

"Oh God, thy sea is so big and my ship is so small."

-President Carnotaur**

Carnotaur was on the verge of tears as he wrote this. He had been waiting to do this for the last six years, and now he would finally be able to put his mind a little more at rest. The scientist then showed him the button to push to activate the transmitter. With shakey hands, Carnotaur flipped up the safety for the switch, and pushed the button.

The transmitter whirred to life and it started to glow and move to point to a certain area. Suddenly, an arc of light and energy shot out from in and hit an area of space which glowed white and blue. After about 15 minutes of this, the beam stopped firing and stopped glowing.

The message had been sent.

Now, Carnotaur could only go back to his ship and rest. He had thought this would put his mind at ease, but no, now it just made him more anxious (sp?) about whether or not the refugees would ever hear his message...

------------------
--------------

"Proceed to sector 7-alpha and conduct an energy profile," Mycia ordered, still supervising the deep level scans of the rift in Deneba.

"Yes Ma'am. Sensors realigned, beginning energy profile of sector 7," a young Kayan, probably a graduate student, replied. He watched the monitor, scratched his head, and then turned to face Mycia again. "We're recieving some kind of energy stream through the rift."

" Through the rift? What do you mean 'through the rift'?"

"It's not originating from anywhere in this galaxy. We're trying to trace it now... Dang... it's too weak to trace."

"Display the profile of the energy stream on the main viewscreen," Mycia ordered. The two bridge officers complied, displaying an energy profile of the recieved energy stream."

"I recognize that pattern," Mycia said, "That's an encryption frequency for sending text transmissions! And an old one at that... we haven't used that frequency since..." Mycia froze, as if unable to believe what this meant.

"Since when?" asked her first officer.

"Since..." she stammered... "since... since seven years ago - when we were still working in Akrayhek"

"Then this is... a message from the other side?" the first officer said, astounded.

"We'll have to decode it and see," Mycia told him. "Get on it right away."

The results were shown on the main screen as first a few characters appeared, then a couple words, and then finally an entire paragraph.

"This is from the Milky Way!" Mycia shouted excitedly! "The Federation - the Voinians - they're alive! Relay every word of this message to Thunder and the Kayan Militia - highest band encryption we have available!"

"What about a response?" the first officer asked.

"I hadn't thought of that - we don't have any way of transmitting through that many layers of subspace."

"What about a reflection of the original wave? We could reflect selected characters from the original message back into the rift, amplified by our own transmitters. It would be very weak by the time it reached the other side - and it will require most of our power reserves - we only have enough power for the shortest of messages."

"Do it." Mycia ordered. "Send something short, but appropriate."

---

As the message continued to come through, Research Vessel 4 activated it's transmitters to act as a mirror for selected letters from the message. Using almost all it's power, it managed to reflect 16 characters back through the rift, toward their point of origin: M E S S A G E (space) R E C I E V E D.

------------------
Ad Astra Per Aspera - "A rough road leads to the stars"

they started evacing.grunadulater told all warships on the line to protect the evac ships.ships poured form the planet.
-----
to enemy
WE HAVENT GIVIN UP YOU KNOW

(This message has been edited by grunadulater (edited 07-31-2001).)

Benden sat in his command chair and watched as the first freighter was launched from Norhis. They were evacuating. We have won. "Captain. Order all ships not in formation to disengage from combat as soon as possible and form up with us. Pilot. Take us to point 590-331-2." They had won this battle but the Ediens might just be playing a trick, and he wanted to be ready. "Weapons. Target lockon with torpedoes. Ready a full spread on the freighter."

------------------

grunadulater contacted the systems of ragni, nujja, and notil and told them to send all ships to mark.he also told them to send all the inhabitants of the planets to mark.
------------------
I bet there darn tasty to.

MOD: Post revoked. grundulator, the transmittion beam was a tight frequency beam and you could never get close enough to do detect it. Besides, you would never detect the rift unless you were specifically looking for the rift were certain sensors.

OOC NOTE: It would take about three days for you to make such a big move like that, grundulator.

-----------

Carnotaur was stirred awake by Scorcher who quickly explained the situation as they walked towards the command center. "The transmitter picked up what originally looked like just a sensor echo or reflection of the transmition we sent. However, it was garbled. Only when a scientist looked at the 'reflection' carefully did he realize what it really was."

Carnotaur and Scorcher walked into the command center, which was deserted except for a two scientists looking at a control panel. Carnotaur looked at it. There was some text displayed on it.

M*********** E S and here**** message from Sey will continue to do A G E (spac****e) R E ***** C **I E ***** V E ***** D

To Carnotaur it looked like complete gibberish, and from what he could tell about the parts he reckognized, it looked just like a reflection. Then, one of the scientists spoke. "We originally thought this was a reflection. However, look at it this way." He then deleted a few parts of the message.

M*********** E S S*** A*** G E (spac****e) R E ***** C **I E ***** V E ***** D

"Still looks like gibberish to me."

"Look at it with a trans-spectral analysis which gets rid of some of the static."

M E S S*** A*** G E (sp*ace) R E ***** C I E ***** V E *** D

Carnotaur looked at it carefully. "Looks like SOMETHING."

The scientist then deleted the rest of the static and Scorcher and Carnotaur stared at it.

M E S S A G E (space) R E C I E V E D

"This, this is...from....the new galaxy?" Carnotaur stammered.

"It sure is," the second scientist replied, "And let me tell you; they are definitely alive."

------------------
--------------

"Sir, they're retreating! It seems as if the entire colony is evacutaing. Military ships and civillian as well." Sisay listened as his sensor officer piped up. As they were within this massive ship, the Revearence couldn't get out to join up close. When he heard Bendon issuse orders to the Defense Force, Sisay opened a com channel to the Pride and said, "Commander Ryan, ignore those orders and go in after the military ships. Ignore the frieghters as much as possible."

The Pride veered off from the third flaming destroyer and headed towards a frieghter when he heard first Bendon, then Sisay's message. "Sorry Admiral, but my superiors have advantage of rank. Pride out." Ryan turned to his helm officer and said, "All other Defense ships have heard Sisay's message, so let's give them a word of our own. I want Fang and Pakao on the Pride."

The helm officer nodded and soon two Zidaras came flying in formation, heading straight past a destroyer without even bothering. Pretty soon, their weapons were locked on a fleeing and damaged destroyer. "Fang and Pakao, fire phased beams. Weaps, fire all forward batteries and SADs at that SOB. We need to get as many as possible." The destroyer soon was taking heavy damage.

"Damn it, Captain! We should be out there fighting with our own, not bobbing down frieghters. The Crusader would stand a chance," whispered Ravens. Hawk nodded in grim agreement. The Crusader was the most advanced Kiran ship here and should be out with the Defense Force.

"That's why I chose you, Commander, as my XO. You think on your feet. Helm, you know what to do." The Crusader veered away from the Talon, her engines at maximum burn. When she was clear of the massive group of ships, she tore headway into the fleeing Edien fleet taking down many fighters as she went. Opening up a link to Benden, Hawk said, "Sorry Admiral, but you would understand that a leader belongs in with his people and the Crusader is the flagship of the Kiran. Besides, I'm a renegade who enjoys battle against bigger odds. If I live to see this through, I'll see you planetside. You'll be buying the drinks."

Hawk cut the link and ordered the ship two by five mark three: straight towards a fleeing battlecrusier. Behind her were many fighters, eating away at the shields. At the last possible second the Crusader pulled a sharp turn upwards...causing the fighters to collide with the Battlecrusier. "Why can't they ever offer smart pilots. Or at least those with common sense." Ravens looked at Hawk with bemused grin on her face.

------------------

OOC NOTE: Please remember that the Ediens have about 1,000 Igadzra slaves on Norhis (as well as a total of 3,000 other slaves on several other Igadzra planets) which they would either evacuated or leave behind. Please make sure you take that into account when you attack the frieghters.

------------------
--------------