Golden Horizon

Akyna came rushing into Thunder's office, wiping the sweat from his forehead. Obviously he'd run most of the way across the government complex. "Whatever's up, your voice sounded like it was really, really, really important."

"Right as usual," Thunder replied. "Read this." Akyna's eyes quickly skimmed down the page of text displayed on the computer screen.

"This is from... the old galaxy?" Akyna stammered...

"Yes, we've confirmed the point of origin. It is."

"Who knows about it?"

"You," Thunder replied, "Me, three dozen militia officials, and the crew of Research Vessel 4. But soon everyone will. I'm sending messages to all the other governments from the old galaxy, and we'll announce it in a public breifing this evening."

"Are we going home?" Akyna asked, hopefully.

"We're working on it." Thunder replied. "It's not as easy as opening the front door, you know..."

With that, Akyna watched as Thunder turned to his personal comm panel and began dictating a voice message for transmission to all the refugee governments.

Message to the RA, Azdgari, New Free Worlds of Zidagar, and the Miranu, Ultra-High-Band encryption active
Point of Origin - Office of the Prime Minister - New Kayia

Fellow refugees, an amazing thing happened early this afternoon. One of our Kayan Aradas, performing deep level scans of the rift zone in Deneba, recieved a message from a distant source - Akrayhek. The message was from President Carnotaur of the Federation Alliance - they and the voinians are still fighting strong against the Edien scourge. Attached to this voice message is a copy of the text transmission we recieved through the rift. We are not yet ready to re-open the rift, but we are working on a way to do so, so that we can once again rejoin the friends and worlds we left behind six years ago.

I will keep you posted on our efforts to reopen the gateway. In the meantime, I suggest you all think about what you'll want to do when the gate is re-opened - and what kind of a fleet you'll want to send through.

Best wishes to all of you,
-Prime Minister Thunder of the Kayan Alliance

End Message

###Message to the Horoth, Ultra-high-band encryption active###
###Point of origin - Office of the Prime Minister - New Kayia###

We have just recieved a message from people still fighting to save our former homes in the Milky Way from the Ediens - their fight still continues to this today. As of yet we don't have the research done to get the gateway back open, but we feel that we will sometime soon. If you want to strike back against the race that forced you to abandon your own homes, this will be your chance. Please decide whether or not you want to send any vessels through the gate when we reopen it.

###End message###

------------------
Ad Astra Per Aspera - "A rough road leads to the stars"

Message to:Kayans & RA
"The station is completed, you can move your scientists in when you want to. We will have our initial research into an upgrade of the arada soon, and we expect it to be greatly improved.
"Horoth out"
End Message.
----------
Arada Enhancement research:1 posts for baseline. Research speeded up on completion of station.

------------------

in the Igadzra system, grunadulater was speaking to aBC pilot.
"captain, im afraid i will have to take your ship.it will be repaced later."
"b-b-but why."
"i need a powerful elergy source and yours was the most powerful."
"in that case, you may have it my lord."grunadulater told a technician to fit a EAWT v1.0.
"but why sir?"
"why, so we can blow stuff up of coarse."
"YOU DONT MEAN?"
"DO IT!!!!"
"yes sir..."grunadulater flew to the govening city in a interceptor.
"attention all of this planet,"he said in all frequencys,"you will eather leave of be destroyed by a huge atomic wave.you have 1 day."he send another message to ragni and nujja:
"you will leave your planet in at least one day.goto notil.you will have no defence fleet here."then he sent:
"report to notil for further instructions after all the people hav evaced"to the warships in the systems.
-------
in the norhis system, all warships were jumping to Igadzra and then notil to lure the enemy.
-------
OCC:WHERES Igor Rigadaz?

------------------
I bet there darn tasty to.

We have just recieved a message from people still fighting to save our former homes in the Milky Way from the Ediens - their fight still continues to this today. As of yet we don't have the research done to get the gateway back open, but we feel that we will sometime soon. If you want to strike back against the race that forced you to abandon your own homes, this will be your chance. Please decide whether or not you want to send any vessels through the gate when we reopen it.

Message to:Kayans;Delta band encyption, Alpha protocal
"If you wish to, we will work with you to open your gateway. Our mines use subspace technology to hide from sensors, and stay to attack ships in hyperspace, so we have experience in opening portals. While we will not give you full access to this, we will send our scientists to work with yours and give you what help we can.
"If you help us assemble a fleet to attack the Akrahd, we may be able to deal a serious blow to their fleet, crippling them, and ensurin they are no further threat.
"Their missles are crude, too stupid to jam, but they do a lot of damage for their simplicity. Our ships can outmaneuver them, take more damage on a class for class basis, but they have bigger ships, their weapons do more damage, and the can outnumber us everytime.
"With your help thouhg, we have a greater chance of success.
"Our research into the Arada is complete, and if your scientists work with ours, perhaps we can have a prototype soon. We only have to choose which areas we want the Arada to improve more in. We would welcome your input"

------------------

Rima was idly waiting in her office. The ships were only a few jumps away from here in Athena. Suddenly she jerked her head up as a messanger came in gasping for breath. "A message! A message! The Kayans got a message from the Milky Way! The Kayans sent a message saying they got a message from the Milky Way." Rima made a motion and he shut up. She spoke slowly to the dizzy messanger. " Where is the message. Show me the message." He went over to a console and entered in a few things and up came a message. Rima read it quickly and sent the messanger away. She sat down with a sigh and she reread the message. She started to smile and then she laughed with relief clear in her tone. They had sent a message! They were still alive over there. The Ediens hadn't won yet! they couldn't have or there woudn't be a message. Then her smile faded as she started to think about the fleet.What kind of fleet would she sent through? She sighed and she knew already that she would probably be sending warships mostly. And the new ships would be done soon and that would be a big factor of what she brought.

New ship= 6 posts.

------------------
The earth is burning up and were all going to die. are lungs burn for fresh air as we smother in ash

deleted
------------------

(This message has been edited by grunadulater (edited 07-31-2001).)

Hawk looked at his console and sighed. This battle was largely over with, with much of the Edien ships retreating. Yet Hawk knew that many Kiran vessels had been destroyed or severly damaged. If he had to do what must be done, then it must be now. The Kisani hit a few keys on his console and stood up, looking at Ravens. “You have the bridge, Commander. I’m heading to the Battle Room.”

Ravens nodded and as Hawk left, she took the command chair. The Battle Room was a place on the ship where one could veiw the entire battle through a holo-image that filled most of the room; it also allowed the person inside to communicate with all allied ships. It was only natraul a captain would go there.

About seven minutes went by before the sensor officer cursed and said, “Ma’am, we seem to have a small problem. An arada just launched from our bay. It was the one the Captain had ordered brought on when we stopped one system from Norhis, the emerald hulled one. Commander...its pilot is Captain Hawk.” Ravens nodded and just shrugged.

“Keep on following formation. The captain has his own personal quest now. Draven grant him luck.”

Hawk sat in the pilot seat of the slipfighter, his hands working the interface he had so well used in the past. The Kisani hated to run from a fight, but his quest had to take place before all else. He had brought the slipfighter aboard with knowledge that it would be needed. He had also talked to Ravens about his posible and most likely journey. She would be given command of the Crusader while Sisay would be given command of the Kiran fleets. He had also sent a message to President Carnotaur explaining what he must do. It had been a sudden burst, untrackable by any source.

Hitting the light interface, Hawk opened a jump point into slipstream. The emerald hull charged with a sudden light, and quickly faded as it had appeared. The ship had vanished into slipstream. Hawk would be heading to the heart of the Kisani race.

The only words he murmured as he leapt were, “Sorry, my old friend. But in order for this war to end, we need Kisa.”

An ensign came up to Carnotaur and handed him a datapad. “Sir we just got this from Norhis. It’s a letter from Captain Hawk Kael, for your eyes only.

He handed it to the President and left. As the president read, text appeared.

_To President Carnotaur

I felt the need to tell you this personally. As of now, as you read this, I have begun what could be a very long journey, that in the end could help end this war. I have given command of the Kiran fleets to a man named Sisay. He is a fine tactian and will help you to turn the tide of war. When I made arrangements to have the slipfighter to Kayia, I sent a Azdgari arada instead.

The reason for my quest is both simple and complex. Eight thousand years ago, my people were assaulted by a Dark Enemy so great that billions on either side died before the war ended. In the fourth and last year of the war, one of our greatest generals was given a vision of a verdant system by our Fates. He followed this to a new star to which he jumped. What lie there was remarkable beyond doubt. Out of seven planets, five were very much like you Earth and Kisal, except they were three times the size of Earth; each of the five planets bore three moons, twice the size of Earth’s moon, all very much like Kisal.

One planet, the third, bore a gravity well similar to that of Kisal. When the general landed, he found that many islands and one small conteint held many tens of thousands of ships of designs not even seen today with technology that could be similar to todays or more so; also it held many many weapons and outfits. It was later discovered that many of the five worlds and their moons also bore ships, some holding hundreds of thousands. The space about it also held something of a drydock, where thousands more ships lay. The intresting thing was that the system was uninhabited. With one hundred of the biggest ships on autonav, the General returned and drove the Dark Ones back to their space.

Before we could colonixe the system however, a weapon planted by the Dark Ones triggered. The results were devestating. The system still stood as the star shines this day. However, all means of traveling there, beyond transiting realspace, were impossible. All travel via hyperspace, slipstream, or even our system jumpgates, as well as interdimensioal travel were cut off. Despite the fact that Kisani live for centuries, a transit across realspace would take nearly 100000 years. Decades later, my people fell into civil war that lasted centuries. Kisa became a mere legend.

Until one of my people, somewhat mad, but still sane enough, made a daring travel. He claimed to have made course to Kisa, the Holy Star. When he returned a famed explorer recorded his trail into his book, the same book that bore the design to the slipfighter. I have set forth on this quest in hopes of finding our hope. May the Fates help me.

Captain Hawk Kael
Renegade and Kiran_

------------------
(url="http://"http://pub51.ezboard.com/fquillzfrm4.showMessage?topicID=10.topic")A Pilot's memory(/url)
"Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of congress. But I repeat myself." -- Mark Twain

MOD: Post revoked. grundulator!! As i said, you do not have the sensor capability to detect the jumpgate in the Akreyhek system. And currently; you don't care really. Not to mention the fact that the Ediens think they killed more Miranu, Zidagar, Igadzra, Azdgari, etc. than they really did. They also think that they are now hiding in the depths of Voinian space or the Proxima nebula, which they can't scan.

-----------

Carnotaur looked at the scientists. "Can we send another message in reply?"

"Uh, I guess so. What will it be?"

Carnotaur wrote a message on a piece of paper and handed it to the scientists.

We will be waiting for you. This message includes all of our information on sub-space technology that we have aquired as well as our scans of the rift.

The scientists typed in the message, powered up the transmitter, and began transmitting.

-----------

BACKGROUND DEVELOPMENT

A scientist working in his quarters looked at some unusual sensor readings of the rift. Somehow they didn't look right. The quantum readings were off, and the sub-space particle stream seemed to be interrupted about 100 light years away from Akreyhek. The scientist shook his head and looked at the transmittion readings. These two showed unusual disturbances and sub-space disruptions about 100 light years away from Akreyhek. A split off of the rift? A supernova? A black hole? A microfracture in the rift? The scientist decided to ignore the readings and then went back to sleep...

------------------
If at first you don't succeed...Hit it harder! - Me
--------------
Millennium. Its coming, prepare for it.
Coming to the (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiaSW.com/games/ev/chronicles.html")EV Chronicles(/url).

the ship that grunadulater took was being programmed to fire the beam at a large steller object.the only problem was, that there wasnt any large enough.meanwhile, on the planet, the last few ships were packing up to leave the system.grunadulater was speaking to lynix at the medical center of the city.lynix looked worried.
"so let me get this strait, your going to give me some of your DNA stuff so I can clone you after you die when you go blow up all those ships with that cool laser thing."lynix was only 17.
"yep. thats it.in fact, why dont you tell the emporer i died and you couldnt clone me to scare him out of where ever hes hiding."
"uhhh ok sure."
grunadulater went out in space and watched the astoriods and ships float by.mabey he could hit the planet?he was still wondering.

------------------

MOD: Uh, grundulator, you would need about 2,000 ships firing for about a minute to destroy an entire planet. And the shockwave would probably kill all of them before they could escape.

------------------
--------------
Coming to the (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiaSW.com/games/ev/chronicles.html")EV Chronicles(/url).

The Revearence broke formation with the others and headed outwards and into the fray. Aboard Sisay ordered full weapons spread. To the Zidara’s side came two Lazrias to help back her up.

“Paladin and Travis, break off and disable but don’t those freighters. Weaps, train forward batteries on the frieghter ahead of us. To all shi fighters, engage enemy fighters that try to intercept. If you can manage to get off a shot at those frieghters, then do it. Admiral Bendon, I would strongly recommend that you not destroy those freighters; they could hold slaves or civillians. We both know that killing either wouldn’t look too good on our records. Oh and don’t forget that bet.”

The Revearence fired twin missiles and a battery of quantum fire. The freighter stopped dead in its tracks. “Helm next freighter. I want it to get as many ships as posible.”

Hawk sat in the cockpit of the slipfighter, christened the Saer, his hands working the manual controls. The ship veered through the slipstream as if it were a corridor to be manuvered at all times. After what seemed like three minutes, a jump point opened into the Sirabor system and the Saer jumped into realspace.

Hawk let go of the manual controls and guestured with the light interface, taking him to edge of the inner system. There he would make the jump to Kelamon and from there his next location. After reaching the outer edge, he shook his head. The Kisani had made sure the modifactions to the slipstream drive and the hull design was exact. The slipstream he traveled through required him to manuver with manuel controls, and thus to a vetrean pilot with great skill and choice, could pilot in what would seem minutes and would be but a few hours.

Hawk hit the light interface a jump point opened. Gripping the controls once more, he held on ready for the next challange.

A group of twelve Kiran azdaras and one Azdgari Arada flew right through the Edien ships, pursued by a group of Edien fighters. The Arada veered off, followed by two Edien fighters. The pilot cursed at his luck and opened a comlink. "This Squadron Flae requesting backup. We're being chased..."

No sooner then the pilot had spoken that a barrage of SADs crashed into both Edien craft, knocking them aside by a Lazria. The pilot gave his thanks and looked back to his cockpit window. What he saw frightened him and he tried to make his adjustment, but to no avail. The Arada crashed into the Edien warship, through shields and into its hull, exploding from a core breach and because of the Arada's supply of quantum missiles; needless to say, it did a heap of massive damage to the Edien ship.
------------------
(url="http://"http://pub51.ezboard.com/fquillzfrm4.showMessage?topicID=10.topic")A Pilot's memory(/url)
"Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of congress. But I repeat myself." -- Mark Twain

(This message has been edited by Captain Whitehawk (edited 08-01-2001).)

OOC:ill probobly just shoot a large astoriod.
whitehawk, remember that i an in the Igadzra system.
--------------
then it floated by.a huge astoriod.perfect.grunadulater opened a comm with lynix.
"you had better leave , all thats left is slaves."
"welll, ok ill leave."a BC rose from the planet and looking at its markings, it was lynix's.
--------
the jump was almost comlpete in the norhis system.the only things left there were 5 or 6 freighters, about 5 BC's, and 20 fighters.the diabled freiters were being destroyed by the fighters and BC's after the pilots got out.finially, a BC projected the coarse all around the system to goto norhis, that they couldnt fight right now, they had to move.he put it on no code.

------------------

Carnotuar looked at the latest reports then called in Admiral Johnson. "Yes sir?" Johnson asked.

"I want every availible ship to go to the Norhis system. Once Norhis is in our control, I want you to invade Nujja and Ragni. From our reports the Ediens are evacuating those systems and I want to grab them before the Ediens can do anything about it. Also, how long would it take to deploy a minefield in the Volosc system?" Carnotaur asked.

"About a day sir," Johnson replied.

"Good, you have 20 hours to do it. Get right on it."

Johnson looked startled. "But, uh, sir, what will protect the frieghters that are laying the mines?"

"Send every availible ship to protect them. And once Norhis has been completely occupied, you can then send most of the ships there to go and protect the minelayers."

Johnson nodded then walked back to his command room to send out the orders.

------------

In the Norhis system, with all the Ediens either destroyed or running for their lives, over 24 Federation frieghters jumped into the system. They carried all the troops that would be used to invade Norhis itself.

Covered by the Federations massive warships, the frieghters quickly landed on Norhis and deployed their troops. Resistence was nill and within 4 hours the Norhis system was finally under Federation control. As Federation PT Boats and Frigates started to rescue the disabled Edien frieghters (almost all of them were carrying either supplies or Igadzra slaves), almost half of the frieghters which were carrying troops then split up and headed for Ragni and Nujja along with a large portion of Federation warships. A fleet of over 900 ships each entered the Nujja and Ragni systems and quickly silenced what Edien ships were left. Soon, Nujja and Ragni were both under Federation control.

----------

Carnotaur looked at the latest reports as Johnson walked into his ready room on the Red October. "Mr. President, the mienfield in Volosc is being now worked on and Nujja and Ragni are under our control."

"Very good. Now, set up minefields in the Ragni and Nujja systems."

Johnson looked surprised. "But sir, we're going to start running out of availible mines!"

"Build more of them."

Johnson sighed. "President, what is this all about?"

Carnotaur looked at him. "A frigate wandered into the Igadzra system; there are over 100,000 ships in there."

Johnson looked pale. "They're assembling an armada."

"Yes, that's why I wanted those minefields up. Now, if we can only get the Notil system, they'll be totally surrounded and without possibility of rescue."

Johnson nodded. "I'll get working on ordering our mine factories to start working as fast as they can, and I'll also make sure the minefields in Ragni, Nujja, and Volosc are extremely large and no one will be able to get through them."

Carnotaur nodded as Johnson quickly walked away.

-------------

ECONOMY REPORT:

(RST) = Researching Technology
(CP) = Colonized Planet
(CS) = Constructed Station
(IC) = Increased Construction (i.e. building a lot more ships, weapons, etc.)

NOTE: Per day is in realtime. Secondly, non-government characters do not get credits per day unless they actually control a planet or get some sort of income from another, larger government.

Ediens - 332 Million - +4 million per day (RST-Major)
Rarkyl - 120 Million - +4 million per day
Horosk - 55 Million - +3 million per day

Federation - 56 Million - +1 million per day (RST) (IC)
Voinians - 68 Million - +3 million per day
Igadzra Republic - 18 Million - +.5 million per day
Pirates (Milky Way) - 18 Million - +.5 million per day

Igadzra Union - 42 Million - +2 million per day
Renegade Alliance - 26 Million - -1 million per day (RST-Major)
Pirates (New Galaxy) - 18 Million - +.5 million per day
Miranu - 49 Million - +1.5 million per day (RST)
Kayans - 38 Million - +2 million per day
Zidagar - 42 Million - +2 million per day
Azdgari - 46 Million - +1 million per day (RST)
Akrahd - 42 Million - +2 million per day
Horoth - 28 Million - +1.5 million per day

Captain Hawk (Commander Whitehawk) - 6 Million

------------------
--------------

(This message has been edited by Captain Carnotaur (edited 08-01-2001).)

"So you've completed the scans?" Thunder asked the scientists in Deneba

"Yes, and we've recieved a second message from the Milky Way, informing us that they're waiting for us to come through the gateway, and carrying schematics for all the sub-space technology they've developed. Unfortunately, none of it will help to open the gate."

"Is there good news?" Thunder asked.

"Indeed there is. Our projections show that in two weeks there will be a low level subspace convergence in the rift zone. It's not even remotely as strong as the one that we used to bring us here, but considering the weakened state of subspace in the rift zone, it might just be enough to get the gate to open for two or three minutes."

"I thought you said we didn't have the technology to open the gate!" Thunder said, confused.

"We've had that technology all along-" the scientist began... "the spacial flux enhancer and the beam on..."

"the Storm," Thunder finished his sentence.

-----

Message to Horoth, high-band encryption active
Point of origin - Office of the Prime Minister - New Kayia

Thank you for your offer to help open the gate, but we believe we've got the technology and scans necessary to open the gate in approximately two weeks time. As for specific upgrades for the arada, it could be made into a full blown gunship if we could enhance it's armor and incrase it's weapons capacity. Those are the changes I would recommend, but I'm sure your scientists will have some creative ideas as well.

End Message

------------------
Ad Astra Per Aspera - "A rough road leads to the stars"

aactually, i was building a armada in the norhis system.the only thing left in the Igazdra system are 1 or 2 slave evac frieghters and my BC.
----------
in the notil system, the ship count was about 10000 fighters(most reinforcements and ones left from the battle), 2000 destroyers, and about 1200 BC's.They had gathered from other systems to make the armada.they needed the signal of the huge explosion in the Igadzra system. a fleet of 100 fighters was set to ragni theading to Igadzra but ofter that they really went to notil.it was a trick for the enemy to follow.

------------------

Uhhhh, grundulator, I didn't understand a word of your post.

Also, you specifically said the the Igadzra system was where all your ships were heading.

So, to clear that post up, just answer me these questions:

1-What are you doing to decieve my forces or something?
2-Where is your armada?
3-What happened to the Nujja, Ragni, and Igadzra systems?
4-What about the Norhis system?

------------------
--------------

ok
1 i sent 50 or so fighters to ragni and nujja and the second they went there to goto Igadzra and then notil but you only see them heading for igadzra and im hoping you will follow them.
2my armada is in the notil system.
3 you own nujja and ragni but not igadzra even though it is deserted.
4you own the norhis system but you didnt get very many slaves because my ships blew some up when leaving for notil.

------------------

Ah, okay.

-------------

Carnotaur looked at the latest intellegence reports then ran to get Admiral Johnson. After showing him the report, which stated that Igadzra was now uninhabited and deserted, Johnson ordered the a large fleet was to enter Igadzra and secure the planet, as well as moving the minefield into the Igadzra system which would make sure the armada in Notil could not attack them.

------------

Within 14 hours the minefield had been moved and was now in place and the Igadzra system was in Federation hands.

------------

OOC: grundulator, just remember that if you did try to destroy my fleet in Igadzra, you could never get in. You couldn't get in from Notil (because of the minefield) and the other routes are infested with Federation warships.

------------------
--------------

my ship was already in the igadzra system
---------
as the ships and mines entered igadzra, grunadulater knew the time had come.he activated the EAWT and hit the astoriod. the riod decintegrated and the shock wave flew through the system at a fast rate.it hit grunadulaters ship first as he sent one last message.
---------
to enemy ships in nearby systems
just remember that i die for honor and our cause, we will rule!
---------
all of the mines and ships exploded and the mines didnt help the planet.it had turned black and grey.grunadulater was no more.

------------------

(This message has been edited by grunadulater (edited 08-01-2001).)

Ok people I just found out about this place (CC didn't tell me that it was going on. I thought he was still getting it ready.) Anyways so I just typed in Akrahd on the different pages to see what was posted on the Akrahd Empire. (I'm Kryptauros). So I basically have no idea whatever the heck is going on with the other govenments.....so give me a break.

"Sir," says the head scientist Menslie

"Yes, what it is now," Kryptauros replies

"Um. W-w-well with your permission I-I um, would like t-to..."

"Oh will you just spit it out!!"

Menslie finally spits out, "Well we need y-your permission to research a new technology to, basically in English, get passed the new mines."

Kryptauros ponders for a minute, then turns to Menslie, "Yes you have my permission. How long will this take to research?"

"We don't know yet sir. We are still researching the very basics of the whole concept of Sub-space Disruption Technology."

"Well hurry up the process! If we can use this against the Horoth we shall surely have the advantage over them! Go away and get working."

"Yes s-sir."

Kryptauros lies back in his comfy chair thinking about an attack they could launch somewhere. Having just learned of the new alliance with the Horoth he just can't seem to get passed the minefields. He leans back in his chair and relaxes for a few minutes. Then he calls in the President of the War Department. Sergei Markolov comes in within a few minutes.

"General Markolov. I need to have the security of the planet tighten. I also would like ship production to be upped. If you need workers I can help set up a campaign if you would like. We are going to need to attack with several assaults against the Horoth. Increase the amount ofs security in the surrounding planets. The Horoth haven't attacked for awhile."

"Anything else sir?" Markolov replies.

"No that will be all. Thank you and get out of here. I need some rest."

ImmortalFirefly

------------------
Reech is coming.
Get ready for it.