I'm SO close! Please help!!

After months and months of trying to get this emulator to work I've run across what I think and hope is the very last problem. I have EVO installed, but whenever I try to run EVO, it gives me an error message saying:

Sorry, an error occured while trying to open the Monitor Tool.

ID = -3**

I've come so close to getting this thing to work, please help.

------------------
If you give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. If you don't give a man a fish, you'll have something for dinner..

I think the "Monitor Tool" is a bit of custom Ambrosia code which is used to switch the game resolution and bit depth at start up. Are you running the emulator in 8-bit color? If not, it might work.

------------------
The secret of success is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake those, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx
Peace cannot be achieved through violence, it can only be attained through understanding. - Albert Einstein
Hardy har har! Little do they know: They are ALL going to hell!! Hardy har har! - God, attributed

It works! It works! After more than 5 months it finally works!!! Thanks man!

------------------
If you give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. If you don't give a man a fish, you'll have something for dinner..

Hey, is there any way to get Override's framerate up? It's going really choppy.

------------------

Originally posted by WarBeast:
Hey, is there any way to get Override's framerate up? It's going really choppy.

Override automatically goes at the best frame rate it can, so if you're not getting good graphics, it's your emulator's fault.

------------------
David Arthur
(url="http://"http://members.aol.com/darthur1/talon-ev/")Talon Plugin for Classic EV(/url)

**After months and months of trying to get this emulator to work I've run across what I think and hope is the very last problem. I have EVO installed, but whenever I try to run EVO, it gives me an error message saying:

I've come so close to getting this thing to work, please help.

WHAT EMULATOR DID YOU USE?

How did you get it to work?

**Hey, is there any way to get Override's framerate up? It's going really choppy.

You could one, give it more memory, or two, decrease the speed in the preferences. Wont directly adjust the framerate, but might make it less noticeable. oh, and make sure u dont have caps lock on, sometimes it makes the game too fast for the frame rate.

------------------
I'm an interfering git.

I raised the RAM to 200 mb. That's made the gameplay run at an....acceptable...level. I plan to use the Speed-Plug (or something similar to that name) from the add-ons page to see if I can speed it up a bit more.

To answer Beyaach's question, I'm using Basilisk II with a Quad650 rom image file, a HFV file I made by a Basilisk II tutorial (their site is really hard to navigate), and a starter disk from their site. But not the "System70_boot.dsk", that thing doesn't work.

Thanks guys.

------------------