Zidara v/s Lazira

I like both of these ships and am about to start the Reign of the UE.
Help me choose the correct weapons to fight the Voinians.
I'm after your suggestions.
Thanks!

ps Is there anyway around the problem of having the Igadzra fight me when in their systems when I'm using the Zidara? I have a role model status yet they overlook this. They start shooting after about a minute.

------------------

I'd say go with a Lazira. The main difference between them is 25 shield units, but the Zidara has so much stuff that can't be removed, and can only have the 2 phase turrets. The Lazira also has 2 more jumps of fuel and far more room to expand, plus a lot more cargo space. My current pilot is in a Lazira worth 9.04M credits - flying with the Voinians he is equipped with Dospect Armour and Bronev Plating, has thrust, engine, RCS upgrades, shield enhancers - the usual stuff. No secondaries apart from now the Plasma Siphon as he's flying with Zidagar and Igadzra. You really can't do that sort of thing with the Zidara!

There are plugs - Govt fixer I think, which will help in your situation, but I'd sooner go with a Lazira and be completely neutral :). Save a bit of space and whack in some Rockets would be your best bet vs. the Voinians. My current Lazira can handle pretty much anything but an ambush by 18 Azdaras at once.

Lazira.

I prefer the Zidara, but with a Lazira you can easily work for the Azdgari,
and get the exp. shield generator, which will help.

Give it blaze weapons and rockets.

I'd love to use the Zidara, but the weapons you can't sell are bad against
Voinians. :frown:

------------------
Great webboard: http://pub18.ezboard.com/baradapilotsboard

Lazira definetely, however, with the correct modifications, of course, like the uhh, phase cannons, and just run around them. take their cannons in a zidara, and a few rockets, and plenty of mad skillz, you will then beat the crap out of all voinians

However, take the lazira, it is better in general, plus then you can join the azdgari and get and azdara, the best and fastest ship in the galaxy

------------------
and doesnt it make you feel better, the pigs have won tonight. They can all sleep soundly now, and everything is all right

(This message has been edited by Oedipus (edited 04-16-2001).)

Thats a great plug-in. I did it in a UE Cruiser, but of those choises I'd say the Lazaria, more capable of upgrading with assorted weapons and outfits.

P.S. I'd get a En. Neutron Turret if I were you, you should be able to get it everywhere once you put in the plug-in because of a small glitch, but its just an opinion.

------------------
If you give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. If you don't give a man a fish, you'll have something for dinner...

id say the lazira, i stole a zidara and it was horrible!

------------------

Definetly the Lazira

------------------

The Dark Hobbit

Careful what you say, Ultimate Rebel.

I like Zidaras. They are my joint favourite ship. If any of you insult them, I'll
wait until I get you in a webstory and kill you all! 🙂

------------------
Jude's left. sniff
We'll miss you/are missing you!
sniff sniff

Hm, for battle, I'd definately chose Zidara.
For trading and defense the Lazira.

------------------
(url="http://"http://www.wwiiplug.f2s.com/")WW2 Plug-in for EVO(/url)
Plug-in I'm working on with a couple of others.