A request of everyone… very little time required

My request is simple: Go to the add-ons page (www.ambrosiasw.com/games/evo/addons.html) and vote honestly on any plugs, reference files, utilities, and so forth that you've used. Many files have a rating based on only three or four votes at the moment, which means that their ratings can be misleading, which is unfair both to their creators and their users. Let your voice be heard!!

Glenn

PS: A possible add-ons page feature request: adding a "Number of Votes" heading next to the "Rating"?

------------------
“If a little knowledge is dangerous, where is the man who has so much as to be out of danger?” - T.H. Huxley

Why????? :rolleyes:

------------------

Teehee
My plug has 50 downloads and a rating of 70!
I'm damn happy cause it's my first plug! (Oh yeah, it's also the newest one up there!)
I really thought it's gonna be rated as 10 or sth...

------------------
Arrrrrrr, matey!!!!

Originally posted by Overrider720:
**Why?????:rolleyes:

Presumably so we can finaly tell which plugs are considerred good without posting a whole new topic.

------------------
Non est ad astra mollis e terris via.

It isn't a bad idea... I've been doing it for a while whenever I visit the page and see a plug I've played, but that isn't often nowadays. There are many examples of plugs coming out from amateurs with misspellings in the description, etc., that seem to indicate the inferior quality of the plug... Few people download them, and even fewer like them, but the plugs are rated 100 because only the author bothered to rate it -- sometimes multiple times from different IPs. It must be fixed, for quality control, and to let the real good plugs stay in the top 10 rated. 🙂

------------------
Visit my EVO web site at (url="http://"http://www.evoverride.com")http://www.evoverride.com(/url)!
"We should develop anti-satellite weapons because we could not have prevailed without them in Red Storm Rising (referring to a thriller by Tom Clancy)."
-- Senator Dan Quayle, 9/6/88

(This message has been edited by shayborg (edited 04-02-2001).)

Hooray! My plug Journey MF is ranked #10! I had no idea it was so popular 😉

Anyway, seriously that's not a bad idea you've got there. A lot of the new plugs get high ratings simply because nobody bothers to vote on them. As for your request, I've gone through the plugs and voted on those I've used.

------------------
A hatch opened up and the aliens said,
"We're sorry to learn that you soon will be dead,
But though you may find this slightly macabre,
We prefer your extinction to the loss of our job."

I would give a rating to a couple things, but there seems to be something wrong with the scripts.

------------------
If you give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. If you don't give a man a fish, you'll have something for dinner...

Originally posted by Great White Godfather:
**Presumably so we can finaly tell which plugs are considerred good without posting a whole new topic.

Why not just measure greatness by the number of downloads? 😉

_bomb

Don't go downloading your own plugins, bomb. 😉

------------------

Hehe I vote sometimes...
I'm pretty happy with my 70 hehehehe

------------------
Arrrrrrr, matey!!!!

I always rate the plugs acuratly whenever I play them.

One of my plugs (EVO Govt Fixer) was on the highest rated list for awhile, but FH the Novel pushed it off. :frown:

Why was that considered a plug-in anyway?

------------------
Cuz I'm a 21st Century Digital Boy
I don't know the Monty Python but I've got a lotta toys
My daddy is a Renegade, his name is Hellcat Helian
Wait a second...

As a French man would say: Je ne sais pas...
I dunno.. It's still a good novel 😄

WHAT? My plug's rating went down! It's 68 now!!!
:mad: :mad: :mad:

------------------
Arrrrrrr, matey!!!!

but what if none of us like to use plug-ins? i dont use any (mainly 'cos they won't work) it is a good idea though.you should post them on other web boards too.

------------------

I tried to vote for some, but it made no difference to the vote, even after
refreshing the screen.

AND I voted about eight times....

Oops! I'm not supposed to say that. 🙂

------------------
Don't play with changing names:
Esponer - 130 posts
Paladin - Nearly 100 posts
Sylver - 1 post