The Dark Tide 2 - Red Tide

"We'd be honored to have our transmission relayed throughout Miranu and Corocian space." Thunder answered. "It will help us get our message out to people across the galaxy; of course I agree. It'll take a powerful signal, but if we focus it directly toward DSN-3930, it will get there just fine. I'm sure we can find an extra transmitter to do it."

"Oh," Thunder said, "And one more thing... I know you must be quite busy, but if you'll still be around this part of space five days from now, you might consider attending the opening ceremonies in person. All governments and races are welcome. I'm sure we could arrange for you and any guests you'd like to bring to have a private balcony along the Grand Central Corridor for the Opening Ceremonies. You needn't worry about security, it's our primary concern that everyone aboard Station Unity, residents and visitors alike, remains safe. And we'll be sure to have extra security measures on hand to keep the Opening Ceremonies going smoothly."

------------------

Meanwhile, Station Unity had become big news throughout the galaxy. Already the Miranu had sent two of their council of Elders to attend the opening ceremonies, the former Emalgha high elder was already aboard Station Unity in guest quarters. Even the usually reclusive Igadzra had send several high ranking representives to witness the ceremonies and relay them via holo-vid throughout Igadzra space. Thunder and the Station Unity construction fleet had made it clear in the news broadcasts that all governments and races were welcome to attend the Opening Ceremonies, and it was still yet to be seen if the Renegades, Azdgari, UE, or Voinians would send representives to be in attendance. Or perhaps they already had, but they simply hadn't arrived yet...

------------------
A hatch opened up and the aliens said,
"We're sorry to learn that you soon will be dead,
But though you may find this slightly macabre,
We prefer your extinction to the loss of our job."

Carnotaur sighed. "Well, I will certainly have a few of my high ranking officers attend, including Admiral Rosut, but I'm not sure about Captain Scorcher. He may have trouble attending because he's working on the C.R.S. Horogen on F-25. But, we'll see."

--------------

The C.R.S. Horogen is one post away from being completed. Carnotaur is trying to speed up work on it.

Now the fleet preparing to attack the UE is at 300+. The fleet in Eltor is now at 250+. The Renegade fleet in Iothe is now 150+. Another Voinian fleet in Vorik is now 50+.

------------------
To Escape Velocity: Nova and Beyond!
--------------
Millennium. Its coming, prepare for it.
Coming to the (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiaSW.com/games/ev/chronicles.html")EV Chronicles(/url).

UE shipyards are churning out ships desperately, for it is evident that they will soon be needed. There is a massive fleet in the Sol system, numbering about 250+ vessels. Other fleets are stationed around UE space usually numbering about 100+ vessels. All vessels have been refitted with the latest UE technology, including speed upgrades from the Miranu. The U.E.S. Goliath is stationed in Sol, with the main UE fleet.

------------------
Macintosh for productivity, Linux for development, Palm for mobility, and Windows for Solitaire.

Samurai, those fleets of yours are totally unrealistic. First of all, it has taken me a long time to build up the fleets in Eltor, Iothe, and the blockade area. Second, the UE are much smaller than everyone else, and thus cannot have a large amount of ships. Thirdly, if you had 100 ships in all border systems, then you would have 800 vessels! That is WAAAY too much. You can have 40-50 vessels in each border system depending on how many stellars that system has. Secondly, you must have the fleet in Sol be at only 200+ vessels. Conform to the rules or your post will be revoked entirely.

To support my claim, both the Renegades, Voinians, and Corocians have more systems, planets, and thus shipyards than the UE. So, they can build a lot more ships than you can. The UE are simply too small to keep up with these larger and more powerful enemies.

------------------
--------------
Coming to the (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiaSW.com/games/ev/chronicles.html")EV Chronicles(/url).

Samurai, those fleets of yours are totally unrealistic. First of all, it has taken me a long time to build up the fleets in Eltor, Iothe, and the blockade area. Second, the UE are much smaller than everyone else, and thus cannot have a large amount of ships. Thirdly, if you had 100 ships in all border systems, then you would have 800 vessels! That is WAAAY too much. You can have 40-50 vessels in each border system depending on how many stellars that system has. Secondly, you must have the fleet in Sol be at only 200+ vessels. Conform to the rules or your post will be revoked entirely.

To support my claim, both the Renegades, Voinians, and Corocians have more systems, planets, and thus shipyards than the UE. So, they can build a lot more ships than you can. The UE are simply too small to keep up with these larger and more powerful enemies. Check the map for proof.

------------------
--------------

Thunder smiled for the cameras as he set the final floor panel in place. Onlooking workers, reporters, and visitors applauded and cheered. Construction of Station Unity was complete, and the opening ceremonies were scheduled for noon tomorrow. After joining a celebration in the party hall, Thunder returned to the S.S. Affirmation to tend to some buisness. First, he interfaced with the message bouy and changed the message once again. The new message went as follows:

"Welcome to the DSN-6849 system, home of Station Unity: a refugee center, trading outpost, and safe haven open to all races and governments."

After confirming that the new message was working properly, Thunder went to work putting the finishing touches on his opening ceremony address...

Station Unity Specs
Dimensions: Spherical, 10.3 km in diameter.
Weapons: None
Shields: 200
Armor: 700
Speed: No engines; immobile.
Fuel: Again, immobile. Incapable of hyperspace travel.
Maximium population capacity: estimated at around 3,200,000 (plus visitors)
Current population: 14,700
Other:
532 Levels
Room for 1500 buisnesses aboard, 43 slots filled already, expected to fill up fast.
Hydroponics and water recycling systems allow for self sustainability

------------------

(This message has been edited by Thunder (edited 03-10-2001).)

Outside Station Unity 2 Azdgari Warships approach, requesting permission to dock for the opening ceremony, the request was soon answered with an affirmative answer and the Azdgari Protection Corps run out, only 50 agents but a few more were waiting behind as Kiwi, the hated and famed leader of the Azdgari walks out with several other high-ranking officials, finding a good seat Kiwi asked to meet Thunder to talk about galactic politics but when Thunder gets there Kiwi asks him to look out the window as the intimidating sight of two Azdgari supercruisers jumping into the system, as the two approach, Kiwi laughs and rips off a mask to reveal another official, then casually explains that Kiwi would not have risked coming in a small warship o he chose a big one, the fake Kiwi also explains that the mask was to see how he would be accepted and so out marches the real Kiwi with 100 fully and very well trained APC agents. And sits down and laughs at the look on Thunders face, he was shocked that the Supercruisers were longer then Carnotaurs.

Awaiting the Speech......

------------------
--The Eye is Upon you--
If you look long enough the Sun isn't that bright.

Kiwi, the only reason I was able to get my ships to be 7.5 kilometers long was because of the technical knowledge the Corocians had, as well as the help from the Voinians and their structural technology. Not only that, but the Azdgari like smaller, more maneuverable vessels, not massive ones like the Azdgari Supercruiser. How about making your ship a little smaller, okay?

------------------
--------------

Fine. The fleet in Sol is at 200+, and there are fleets of about 75 vessels stationed in some systems around the border. In others the protection is limited to the defense fleet.

And for the record, I didn't say that those 100+ ship fleets were in every system, just some, ready to react when you attacked. And the fleet in Sol was building up for a long time too. But nevermind. I confirm to your moderation.

OOC: Good luck with the opening speech, Thunder! Knowing you, I'm sure it will be great.

------------------
Macintosh for productivity, Linux for development, Palm for mobility, and Windows for Solitaire.

But the law of attrition was with the Voinians, Renegades, and Corocians, who could build faster and support more ships than their enemies. Soon, the fleet in Eltor numbered 280+ ships, and the fleet in the blockade area skyrocketed to 300+ ships.

Meanwhile, the Corocians increased dramatically their raids on the UE in the Centauri system, Alurda, and Molos.

The fleet in Iothe is now 120+ ships.

------------------
--------------

Carno,

Never mind about the design. I have deleted it: I only got a partial scan anyway, and it turned out to be the designs of the refridgeration system. Sorry about the misunderstanding. I'll build something else of my own design.

------------------
THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE!
(Lies are in your head.)

(This message has been edited by Entropy (edited 03-11-2001).)

77.45 million, gb 2.55 m/d.

The massive scanning arrays have layed rest. Whatever they were searching for has been found...

I'm spending 2 million credits to outfit the AlpoPo with another secret device. Gosh, us renegades sure like putting secret devices all over their astreroids, don't they?

75.45m, gb 2.55 m/d.

I'm spending 2.5 million to build another secret project on the Kayian defense station, the Sarcasm.

71.95 m, gb 2.55 m/d.

I'm attacking Bakoom with a slightly smaller than wished fleet, fewer renegade vessels being available due to the ship amassings in Iothe. A large faction of the BB's are leaving Unobot to take neighboring Bakoom.

The fleet amassing at Iothe is now at 200+ ships. 30 Dragons were recently built and added to the fleet, although the design is now outdated and production has decreased. 50 of the new Anacondas with full Asp compliment have been built, however, and added to the fleet. Of course, the Iotheans, aren't too pleased about this, as Iothe isn't actually a renegade colony, but as we retain a state of neutrality the militia has ignored us.

Station Unity was visited by a ship representing the renegades; but not Entropy, as he is currently occupied with important business. It is, instead, a rather strange looking vessel-obviously it was originally an Azdgari warship, as evidenced by the large bays (filled not with Azdaras alone but a motley collection of Zidagar fighters, Voinian Upgraded Interceptors, a Renegade Bomber, Azdaras, and even an Emalgha fighter covered with chrome and racing stripes, with 5x normal sized engines,) but it is painted in Human Renegade blue with six Turncoat wings sticking at right angles from eachotehr on the back, as well as several cargo pods, a dual hyperengine, and the dual hulls of a UE frighter sticking out of both sides. It is the Nadir, representative of the independant
self-governing but Entropy-influenced renegade factions from all across the galaxy. He greets thunder, although a docking with the sphere that is station Unity would be impossible i such a bizarre craft. Instead, the entire fighter bay unloads itself, and each ship docks with station unity to bring the Nadir and his council. He congratulates Thunder on his success, stares interestedly at the plumbing for five minutes before suggesting that Thunder swith to vacuum-pumping from pneumatics in the waste removal system, and leaves.

------------------
THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE!
(Lies are in your head.)

Thunder walks down the hall from Docking Bay 1 on his way to the Grand Central Corridor, speech in hand. He couldn't help but marvel at success of Station Unity, memories of the construction work he'd done, the things he'd learned, and the friends he'd made over the past few weeks flooding back as he proceeded to an elevator shaft to level 70, and from there to the Grand Central Corridor and the opening ceremonies. Entering a room behind the stage, Thunder waited his turn as various representitives from across the galaxy made breif statements, and then a holo-montage of music and images followed. Finally, the stage director motioned to him; it was his turn. Thunder could hear the ceremony on stage; the MC was introducing him. "And now, Stationmaster of Station Unity and the person whose dream all of this was; please welcome Thunder!" He stood up and walked onto the stage, where he was greeted by great applause from the audience. Thunder was shocked by the number of people who had turned out. Of course the media was there, and important celeberties and buisnessmen, but also representitives from every government except the Voinians. The Grand Central Corridor was filled to capacity, even the balconies were overflowing with onlookers. After the applause subsided, he took the podium and began.

"Welcome, everyone. Corocians, Humans, Igadzra, Zidagar, Azdgari, Miranu, Renegades, Emalgha, Kayans, Strandless, welcome and thank you all for coming. Today marks the beginning of something great for all of us. Station Unity; a place where people of every race and every government can come and trade, gather, seek refuge, or make a home, but most of all feel safe. There is no military presence here, no threat of persecution, no war, no fighting.

We live in a turbulent galaxy. War is the status quo, and it affects us all. Surely everyone here has been affected by the fighting that has overtaken our universe; whether you've lost a friend, family member, or maybe even your home and everyone you once knew. Perhaps war is inevitable, but it's effects are tragic, and it's casualties are not all military. Civilians driven from their homes, fleeing war-torn border worlds. Families torn apart by enemy attacks, searching desperately to get back together again. People from destroyed stations and battered worlds, left homeless with only their ships and if they're lucky, their assets. As a merchant, I saw all these things in my travels; people on the worlds I visited who had suffered these fates. They had done nothing to deserve this fate, and all they needed to get their lives back on track was a break; and a chance for new hope.

That's what Station Unity is really about; helping those most in need. As long as there is war, there will be victims. And as long as there are victims, Station Unity will be here to take them in. Here those victims can find shelter, food, and be reunited with those they were seperated from. I ask all governments, all races, all people to respect the neutrality and peace of this system, and leave it as a safe haven where victims of war can come to rebuild their lives. Everyone is welcome here, except those who would spread violence. When you come here, leave the wars outside."

Here Thunder paused, and the audience responded with a long round of applause. After the applause died down, Thunder continued.

"And now, the moment you've all been waiting for." Thunder stepped forward and pulled a ceremonial pair of scissors from his pocket. Leaving the stage, he proceeded forward to a large red ribbon that was stretched across in front of the stage. Raising the scissors, Thunder held them up to the ribbon and snipped through it. "I now declare Station Unity officially open."

As the ribbon fell, the crowd rose to their feet in a standing ovation. Thunder couldn't help but smile as he looked out over the excited crowd. Taking the microphone one last time, he spoke; "That concludes the Opening Ceremonies; we'll have a party here in the Grand Central Corridor, with music provided by bands from across the galaxy. Again, thank you all for coming!"

------------------

Thunder, the Voinians were there at the request of Carnotaur, but anyway....

------------------
--------------

Okay my Supercruiser is 7 kilometres long.

The station is nearly operational and already has a shipyard with slow ship creation and it is self sufficient.

The Azdgari forces are mounting in the system next to the Station. The amount of forces is 80+ and increasing very rapidly.

------------------
--The Eye is Upon you--
If you look long enough the Sun isn't that bright.

Then, the time had arrived; attack.

As the Voinians sent two large fleets to Sol and Centauri just to keep the UE busy, the Renegade fleet in Iothe attacked Huron, wiping out the UE ships in the system as well as the defense fleet in a matter of minutes. The UE were slaughtered all along the UE/Renegade frontier, and then the Iothe fleet attacked Thoso. During the battle, the UE were slaughtered again, but the Renegades took heavy losses. After destroying the Crockett colony, the Renegades retreated, attacked Knox, and then attacked Thoso again.

Meanwhile, Molos, Valos, and Centauri came under heavy attacked by 25 Corocian vessels each. However, the bulk of the fleet, all 300 ships attacked Alurda. The UE were slaughtered immediately because of the pure size of the Corocian attackers, and soon the Corocians were fortifying their base in Alurda.

Meanwhile, any Miranu world near Renegade or Azdgari space was attacked in an effort to put the Zacha into mass confusion. Major battles between the Zacha and the Renegades/Azdgari occured all over the place, and another major battle still raged on in the Zachit system.

Meanwhile, Ersadt was easily captured while most of the fleet was away defending Threefrog. When the Igadzra came back, they were met by not only a large Corocian fleet, but the C.R.S. Omega itself. The Igadzra were slaughtered, and soon Threefrog was being bombarded and under seige.

Then, a major battle took place in Jax between UE and Corocian forces. After two days of fighting, the Corocians had to retreat, to Station Unity. The Corocian forces hyperspaced into the system first, grouped up near the C.R.S. Demon who was still in the system, and then waited for the UE. Then, a large UE fleet hyperspaced into the system. The Demon ordered them to leave the system in the name of peace, and the UE responded...

The offensive had begun.

------------------
--------------

74.50 m, gb 2.55 m/d.

As confusion reined through Miranu fringe worlds, the Zacha were fighting as hard as they could to keep the fringe safe. The UE recalled most of their ships to fight on all four borders- From the north, Corocian invaders, from the East, Azdgari raiders, from the South, the Renegade menace, and from the West, the Voinian's massive fleet. They had no reason to patrol the inner worlds, leaving them basically unguarded.

It was at that time that the Renegades struck again.

The Valos systrem had beeen essentially deserted for a long time- the UE warships that once patrolled the system has gone North to fight the Corocians and West to fight the Voinians. The usual horde of rich UE burocrats and buisinessmen had fled, mainly to the Core worlds but some heading North, daring the Corocian blockade in hope of reaching the comparatively safe Miranu worlds.

Thus, when the Rock arrived, there were few there to greet it, except the blank, empty eye of the portal.

Of course, there were still a few members of the UE navy left. Two squadrons of UE fighters and a UE destroyer remained in the system as a rear guard, but the renegades swiftly disabled them and packed them close together so that they would be easier to spot and rescue by and aid parties.

The portal was once covered with blaze turrets to protect it from attack, but many had been removed to be mounted on warships needing an extra edge in fighting on the fringes. The remaining turrets could not hit the Rock: it was far out of range.

Stopping a long distance from the portal, it seemed almost as if the Rock was attempting to make a longjump through the portal (although the diameter of the portal was less than the rock's; it would end up draped at a rakish angle over one end of the Rock.) This was not so; the deadly barrel of the Rotocannon was quietly swiveling so as to hit the portal in the right spot.

The first shot barely touched the portal; it had been slightly off center, since the command to fire came too soon. It was absorbed by the portals shields and dissiapated.

The second shot did more damage, hitting an area of the rim that was only lightly shielded. Although it did no physical damage, the shock caused the portal to vibrate, causing several important componants to malfunction.

The third shot hit the portal perfectly: a large amount of the ringbroke off and sowered the area with a cloud of supercharged plasma and sparks.

I'll continue this later.

------------------
THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE!
(Lies are in your head.)

deleted
------------------
--------------

(This message has been edited by Captain Carnotaur (edited 03-12-2001).)

Entropy, just to make one thing clear; the Azdgari can't hit the UE, they're too far away. Second, try to bit a bit fair with the UE, they'll get blasted away anyway. Thirdly, the Rock is still in Valos and it cannot leave or continue the attack until Samurai or Titan or whoever posts a defense action.

------------------
--------------

The UE fleet leaves the system containing Station Unity without conflict, not wishing to cause damage to the Station.

In the Sol and Centauri systems, a battle is going on. The U.E.S. Goliath helps to secure the Sol system, but the Centauri system has more trouble. After heavy losses, the UE secure First Centauri. Leaving a sizable force in Sol, the Main UE Fleet attacks Aludra, headed by the U.E.S. Goliath. The Terminus Ray is causing devastation among enemy Capital ships, and the UE fighters are dogfighting with the other Fighters. With the help of the Goliath, a major part of the enemy Capital ships have been destroyed, but the Fighters are still causing trouble. Once the Fighters have been delt with the UE fleet presses its advantage. Aludra is reetaken by the UE, but with heavy losses on both sides.

------------------